Avatar Land may be duplicated (and few more observations from the TV special)

jaxonp

I don't know if Paris needs Pandora or rather a whole makeover of the Studios park. You think DHS is a mess... That park is really cheap and it shows. They need to bulldoze half that park and start over. There are good attractions there (Rat, ToT, Crush, RnR but the a majority of the park feels like Six Flags on crack. I would imagine they could wipe out a 3rd of that park and put in Star Wars, Frozen, Carland, Pandora or anything really. The park needs help and it needs a reason for you to go there. Right now it doesn't have that. Perhaps they add some sort of nighttime show to the mix. World of Color somehow. As far as I know... They have the land to expand, but I'd be more concerned with how they make that park start to resemble something worthy of the Disney name.

doctornick

I don't know if Paris needs Pandora or rather a whole makeover of the Studios park. You think DHS is a mess... That park is really cheap and it shows. They need to bulldoze half that park and start over. There are good attractions there (Rat, ToT, Crush, RnR but the a majority of the park feels like Six Flags on crack.

...and yet still better than DHS. It's just depression how little DHS has going on (and a huge part of its value comes from decades old stage shows).

FigmentForver96

...and yet still better than DHS. It's just depression how little DHS has going on (and a huge part of its value comes from decades old stage shows).
DHS still wins with the superior Tower, Fantasmic, Star Tours, Midway Mania and of course the placemaking of Sunset and Hollywood. WDSP has some nice rides but the lack of theming and placemaking literally kills that park.

jaxonp

DHS still wins with the superior Tower, Fantasmic, Star Tours, Midway Mania and of course the placemaking of Sunset and Hollywood. WDSP has some nice rides but the lack of theming and placemaking literally kills that park.

RnRc is also better in Florida. The storyline in Paris doesn't make sense. Something about filming a music video or something instead of going to the concert.. I can't remember exactly. The exterior of RnRc isn't great at either but the card board cut-outs in Paris look like a bad Six Flags ride in comparison to DHS.

PizzaPlanet

Placemaking is a where DHS crushes WDSP, and even USF to some extent. Don't get me wrong, USF has great attractions, but it feels like they are placed randomly around the park.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't know if this is a good place to bring this up, but I'm re-creating Avatar land in my backyard. I've hit a bit of a brick wall. I don't know what to put in the show buildings vis a vis the rides. Also, my incredibly realistic Navi animatronics seems to have come to life and I'm not certain that their intentions are what we would call "good".

WDWdream97

I don't know if Paris needs Pandora or rather a whole makeover of the Studios park. You think DHS is a mess... That park is really cheap and it shows. They need to bulldoze half that park and start over. There are good attractions there (Rat, ToT, Crush, RnR but the a majority of the park feels like Six Flags on crack. I would imagine they could wipe out a 3rd of that park and put in Star Wars, Frozen, Carland, Pandora or anything really. The park needs help and it needs a reason for you to go there. Right now it doesn't have that. Perhaps they add some sort of nighttime show to the mix. World of Color somehow. As far as I know... They have the land to expand, but I'd be more concerned with how they make that park start to resemble something worthy of the Disney name.
Maybe once they are done with the referb of Disneyland Parc and the resorts (and when it shows in guest satisfaction scores) TDLP will enact plans to place-make WDSP. They could even keep the studio theme as it will still come off as being "American".

jaxonp

Maybe once they are done with the referb of Disneyland Parc and the resorts (and when it shows in guest satisfaction scores) TDLP will enact plans to place-make WDSP. They could even keep the studio theme as it will still come off as being "American".

Potentially. They are going to need some new attractions in all of Parc Disneyland. Both parks need something in the next 5 years, desperately. It's nice they are doing refurbs left and right, but they still need something new to market. I'd imagine star wars finds its way to other Disney Parks in the near future.

aprincessatlasst

No DHS is definitely better than WDSP. It's not even close. WDSP is really really bad.

Well darn, you really have built my excitement for our first visit to DL Paris this year! lol Here I was debating wether we should extend our days there from 2 to 3 or 4 and reduce time in the city or Switzerland. Perhaps I should just shutter it down to 1 if they have nothing and it will just depress the kids and I to be at six flags?

Magic Feather

Well darn, you really have built my excitement for our first visit to DL Paris this year! lol Here I was debating wether we should extend our days there from 2 to 3 or 4 and reduce time in the city or Switzerland. Perhaps I should just shutter it down to 1 if they have nothing and it will just depress the kids and I to be at six flags?
No! Not at all! The main park (Disneyland Parc) is incredible, it could be worth it to spend two days there alone. Also, while Studios is by no means fantastic, there are still some very well done parts (Crush's Coaster).

jaxonp

No way, sorry If my words are making you rethink... Parc Disneyland is AMAZING! The studios park is just not worth that much time and isn't a park that will blow you away... it was built on the cheap and it shows. That said, they have some killer attractions there. Ratatouille and Crush Coaster would be star attractions at any Disney Park. They are both really really good! Plus it's always fun to ride Tower of Terror, which is almost an exact copy of the ToT at DCA except everything is in French which makes it extra spooky! They also have some shows to see and of course their version of RnRc.

Over at Disneyland is where you'll spend 80% of your time and it will be time well spent! That place is beautiful. The most beautiful Disney Park I've been to so far. Haven't been to either Chinese Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom