AVATAR land construction progress

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
200_s.gif

33968443.jpg

Kamikaze

Which makes sense. What didn't make sense to me was that they brought up a 10 ft wall that I was 30+ feet away from, but it wasn't a hard thing to agree to given the absurdity of it, lol

Could be they got a report about someone reaching over the wall and thought it was you?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Much of the scaffolding coming down, making good progress on some of the secondary/tertiary themeing elements... I dunno... just feels like they have to be getting close (6-8 months or so)... maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Sunday, August 14. Most of the scaffolding has been removed from the floating mountains. Here is the view from Animal Kingdom entrance plaza.

View attachment 155734

The view into Avatar land from the pathway next to Tiffins. If the trees and vegetation remains as is, most of Avatar land will remain hidden until you "round the corner" over the bridge into the new land, creating an exciting first impression.

View attachment 155735
thank you so much for the constant updates!

Mike S

View attachment 158989 Are we talking about this? Gee, that really ruins the illusion, hopefully they can do something to keep the birds off of the mountains.
Considering the fact that I didn't notice it until it was pointed out I think it's fine.
also, considering how they announced and teased the ultra realistic animatronics before...
Id say its going to be 3d WITH animatronics right?
I'm only expecting to see AAs in the boat ride. I really won't mind or be surprised if FoP is all screens.

Cesar R M

As much as I have looked at those plans, I have never been able to get my head around what is being shown with the screen. There are actual drawing for three levels of the building, two of which show the screens. The one on the left is a higher level, the one on the right a lower.

View attachment 156489 View attachment 156490
What if the first2 "screens": in the lower part is space and screens for the animatronics area. For when you're loading into the banshees, then you get shot upwards to show the "rite of passage" flight?

Cesar R M

This picture give a good look at the structure of the building. It is either 5 or 6 levels including the ground floor. The bottom of the building is cropped off and behind a fence in other pictures so I am not sure if the bottom floor is extra tall or is there another complete floor, that's why I am not sure if it is 5 or 6. The leaked blueprints showed only three of the level. The top and bottom floor probably won't be used for loading so that would leave either 3 or 4 levels. The stock Vekoma Flight Simulator is 3 levels.

There was an article a while back where Iger talk about trying a prototype of the ride and stated that banshees were part of the ride vehicle, but it wasn't clear if you were actually sitting on them or not.

View attachment 157284

the banshee talk always makes me wonder too.
Will WE RIDE the bansheeS?
or we will follow younger navis on their rite of passage by following them on a special "flying" helicopter\plane.

Cesar R M

Sounds incredible even without a guide. Get guests off their phones and into the queues again.
I hope Iger and Co dont try to add"interactivity and synergy" by putting crap that needs phones or screens.

We've come a long way! This was an update by me in January:View attachment 157621

Hey, I remember posting pictures on the first days of january. Truly a huge change from what we seen then to what we see now.
also, I apologize for replying very late posts.. I'm out of home and just trying to "ketchup"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom