AVATAR land construction progress

Atomicmickey

Navi River Journey will have a lot of physical sets but I won't be surprised if they used screen to expand the environment.

Whether it be projection or painted backdrops, the stars, the giant gas planet, things flying by in the forest, adding more trees for depth, etc. this seems like a no-brainer. The whole interior is going to glow!

DisneyRoy

Capsin4

Navi River Journey will have a lot of physical sets but I won't be surprised if they used screen to expand the environment.
The old leaked plans seem to show curved structures in the boat ride similar to those in fop. With the sunset screens going in on the Safari, animal kingdom could be doubling down on screens.

Skibum1970

Not to make a mountain out of a molehill, but...

Expedition Everest = 199 ft.
Britton Hill = 345 ft.

Here is a Wikipedia list of 89 hills in Florida, 56 of which are taller than Expedition Everest:

List of Florida's Highest Points

For nearby proof of hills in Florida, check out Sugarloaf Mountain, north of Clermont. It's roughly 32 miles from the Tragic Kingdom. :)

Loved the pun to start. Awesome stuff. Of course, I always tease other people in Ohio who call a local ski area "Mad River Mountain". Total vertical drop is around 400 feet which doesn't quite qualify as a "mountain". One of my wife's best jokes about Florida came when we were flying in the first time. She took one look out the window at the lakes dotting the landscape and proclaimed that it looked like swiss cheese (albeit moldy with all the greenery).

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

Brian Swan

If seamlessly done, I would be very very okay with this. Integration of the two could be very convincing.
If screens are being used, I wonder if it will be 3D projection (I know that Cameron is a big 3D proponent). AAs and sets with a projected background that looks like it goes on for a long distance could be breathtaking. It could also be used for creatures that would be too difficult to recreate effectively as AAs.

A foolish mortal

MickeyXtreme on twitter posted these 4 hours ago
Skjermbilde 2016-04-15 00.43.01.png
Skjermbilde 2016-04-15 00.43.10.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom