AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

Pandora meet up filled up in 3 minutes which is shocking to me
equally as shocking is that Disney Springs is extending the amount of shows of Avatar at the AMC Theater
i just dont get it

Yeah. Wasn't this the worst movie ever made...that made almost 3 billion dollars? Just kidding!

In our household, I purchased the movie so I enjoy it for what it is. My wife does not like it but is really looking forward to seeing what the Imagineers can do with it. My 3 kids though absolutely love that move - 16, 14 and 10.

Jones14

I wonder how the budget for the land was allocated. Like we know the price tag of Everest, Rat, etc., but I wonder if any of our insiders have the info on how much smaller pieces of the land cost. I'd be interested to see what percentage of the budget the mountains, Flight of Passage, and Na'Vi River Journey took up by themselves.

sedati

Pandora meet up filled up in 3 minutes which is shocking to me
equally as shocking is that Disney Springs is extending the amount of shows of Avatar at the AMC Theater
i just dont get it

Disney didn't get to be so successful by catering to limited interests. I for one can't understand why Country music is so popular. If I'd heard that one of the few original attractions coming to Florida was going to center around a Country Jamboree, I probably would have been dismissive of it. Thankfully, I gave it a shot and it has been one of my favorite must-do attractions.

PorterRedkey

Yeah. Wasn't this the worst movie ever made...that made almost 3 billion dollars? Just kidding!

In our household, I purchased the movie so I enjoy it for what it is. My wife does not like it but is really looking forward to seeing what the Imagineers can do with it. My 3 kids though absolutely love that move - 16, 14 and 10.
I really recommend the Extended Collector Edition of the movie. It shows Jake on Earth before the trip and fills in some of the gaps in the story. It also has more character moments which made me like the characters more.

Not a unique story, but a totally unique WORLD. Pandora is a beautiful place that I want to visit ...and now I can!

flyerjab

I really recommend the Extended Collector Edition of the movie. It shows Jake on Earth before the trip and fills in some of the gaps in the story. It also has more character moments which made me like the characters more.

Not a unique story, but a totally unique WORLD. Pandora is a beautiful place that I want to visit ...and now I can!

Actually, that is the one that I have. :)

djkidkaz

Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure the create yourself as a navi is my something you go back and pick up later. They had these for star wars weekends and the item would be shipped to you weeks later.

neoshinok

Nice feature on this edition is the 'Family Audio Track' in the settings menu. Replaces all the questionable language in case people want to show the movie to their kids. Might be good for families planning on visiting AK.

No Name

Holy tomatoes! Thank you for finding this. I imagine this video is not long for the world.

And, of course, thank you to whoever filmed this. You should be proud for taking such a risk, or perhaps, making such a sacrifice.

EDIT: I see that the video is from Theme Park Review. I can't imagine they're doing something against the rules.

DisneyDrew

Holy tomatoes! Thank you for finding this. I imagine this video is not long for the world.

And, of course, thank you to whoever filmed this. You should be proud for taking such a risk, or perhaps, making such a sacrifice.
Theme Park Review uploaded it, who has 900K subs. I posted ASAP because it's probably going to get taken down.

bstiles

I went to pass holder previews today. A few thoughts... flight of passage was definitely a must do. It's not ground breaking in terms of tech, the seating is like sitting on a bike and slightly leaning forward, think soarin but not as intense. I really don't want to spoil the rest of the ride for anyone so i will leave the description at that. The navi boat ride...one word to describe it it sucks. That's coming from an 11 and 8 year old. There is one animatronic and its near the end of the ride. Most of it is riding through the forest with very little to look at. The kinetics of the entire land are on the scope of harry potter, tons of attention to detail and so much to see and look at. I did not go to any of the eateries and honestly nothing really looked that enticing to try. I really didn't want to start drinking alcohol at 900 in the morning but there is always next time. Will it be something that competes with universals harry potters two lands, probably not. There really wasn't that many shops to go in or mech to buy. The little banshees looked cool but where way overpriced.

phi2134

It's hard to tell but it looks like it has a lot more up and down motion and fluidity compared to soarin, looks incredible. And it does look like the seating area is separate from the storage area, so I'm guessing it goes slightly forward to separate itself for the movement.

SSH

Funny - I heard so much negative stuff, I thought for sure I'd hate Avatar...only watched it so Pandora would make more sense when we visited. I ended up loving it - not just the characters and the beauty of world itself, but the bigger message behind the script of living in harmony with the land.

On the other hand, I know almost everyone will think I'm nuts, but I hated Star Wars. And this is someone who likes sci fi genre and most movies within it, as well as being a strong trekkie fan. I REALLY wanted to like it....I tried SO hard to like it, because I wanted to share everyone's excitement at the new land coming. Forced myself to watch 5 of them - but no dice. :grumpy:

I just felt like I was seeing the same storyline and battles over and over on every film. The script itself seemed so wooden and an afterthought to the battle scenes. Really bummed about that.:( I honestly can't connect to what everyone loves so much about that series. I wish I could.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I went to pass holder previews today. A few thoughts... flight of passage was definitely a must do. It's not ground breaking in terms of tech, the seating is like sitting on a bike and slightly leaning forward, think soarin but not as intense. I really don't want to spoil the rest of the ride for anyone so i will leave the description at that. The navi boat ride...one word to describe it it sucks. That's coming from an 11 and 8 year old. There is one animatronic and its near the end of the ride. Most of it is riding through the forest with very little to look at. The kinetics of the entire land are on the scope of harry potter, tons of attention to detail and so much to see and look at. I did not go to any of the eateries and honestly nothing really looked that enticing to try. I really didn't want to start drinking alcohol at 900 in the morning but there is always next time. Will it be something that competes with universals harry potters two lands, probably not. There really wasn't that many shops to go in or mech to buy. The little banshees looked cool but where way overpriced.

Not as intense as Soarin seems to contradict what was shown in the video and what others have said.

djdan888

These things legit freak me out. And they "pick" you. Ha. Kind of like some magical, oh what's it's called? WAND IN HARRY POTTER. Banshee on my shoulder psh!
Pro tip: Instead of waiting in that ridiculously long line to get a banshee, if you see one you like, ask any CM to go get it for you. That's what I did. I watched the people in line eyeball me. I just skipped the whole picking/ adoption thing and the CM went and got it and showed me real quick how to use it and I was out of there.

hpyhnt 1000

Pro tip: Instead of waiting in that ridiculously long line to get a banshee, if you see one you like, ask any CM to go get it for you. That's what I did. I watched the people in line eyeball me. I just skipped the whole picking/ adoption thing and the CM went and got it and showed me real quick how to use it and I was out of there.

Sort of like if you want a wand at WWoHP you can just go right into the shop and buy one - no need to wait in line and sit through the show.

But it's all part of the experience. For a lot of folks, I'm sure they like the idea of "adopting" a banshee and having those few seconds of interaction. Makes it a bit more memorable and "instagrammable."

djdan888

Sort of like if you want a wand at WWoHP you can just go right into the shop and buy one - no need to wait in line and sit through the show.

But it's all part of the experience. For a lot of folks, I'm sure they like the idea of "adopting" a banshee and having those few seconds of interaction. Makes it a bit more memorable and "instagrammable."
That's fine and all but for some reason they decided to put the banshees in the corner of the only shop they have. Its really crammed. To me, it should have been in its own kiosk area. Just saying for the folks who don't want to wait an hour for a toy, there is this option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom