AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Siren

Oh no, I won't be able to wear any of my cute sandals, maybe wedges would work but then again not at AK. OMG, it's just too much walking! I always wear my best pair of Nike Air Max's or sneakers here. LOL.
fu5imp.jpg

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of the dirt paths and walkways -- I thought it was some kind of stone. It looks gorgeous and I love the concept but this is not practical in the rain. I don't see how it can happen.

Anyway, I can't wait for more details about this. As if Avatarland isn't amazing enough!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh no, I won't be able to wear any of my cute sandals, maybe wedges would work but then again not at AK. OMG, it's just too much walking! I always wear my best pair of Nike Air Max's or sneakers here. LOL.
fu5imp.jpg

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of the dirt paths and walkways -- I thought it was some kind of stone. It looks gorgeous and I love the concept but this is not practical in the rain. I don't see how it can happen.

Anyway, I can't wait for more details about this. As if Avatarland isn't amazing enough!

There is no way the paths could be dirt, they would be concrete that looks like dirt like they did in parts of Fantasyland.

twebber55

The movie and plot have nothing to do with the new land. The physical planet and wildlife do, but at that point, who cares what the actual movie was about? Do most people know what Song of the South was about? Yet we have Splash Mountain. That was my point.
correct
the land is based on the environment of the world not the plot of the movie.
you dont need to see the movie to enjoy the land

No Name

What does the movie have to do with the new land??
correct
Tweb, I fully agree with what you just said, but this has been taken way out of context.

In response to the question about breathing on Pandora, Lucky said that maybe Disney is just hoping people will forget about the movie by the time the land opens. Meaning that maybe they will forget about the small detail of the air on Pandora being different, and so no issue with it would ever occur to them. Then Luv asked what the movie has to do with the land. Well that's what the movie has to do with the land in response to the original question.

Read back from post #5556 to here to see what I mean.

And I don't think Disney even should explain breathing on Pandora. Should they now explain why there is a castle at the end of Main Street? Should they now explain how you can go from a land of fantasy to a land of the future or to a land of the past? Some things just don't need explaining. Plus, Pandora will likely have an earthly message about conservation. So if the land is supposed to be relatable to Earth, I think it'd be best not to emphasize unnecessary and trivial differences.

twebber55

Tweb, I fully agree with what you just said, but this has been taken way out of context.

In response to the question about breathing on Pandora, Lucky said that maybe Disney is just hoping people will forget about the movie by the time the land opens. Meaning that maybe they will forget about the small detail of the air on Pandora being different, and so no issue with it would ever occur to them. Then Luv asked what the movie has to do with the land. Well that's what the movie has to do with the land in response to the original question.

And I don't think Disney even should explain breathing on Pandora. Should they now explain why there is a castle at the end of Main Street? Should they now explain how you can go from a land of fantasy to a land of the future or to a land of the past? Some things just don't need explaining. Plus, Pandora will likely have an earthly message about conservation. So if the land is supposed to be relatable to Earth, I think it'd be best not to emphasize unnecessary and trivial differences.
i agree with you
i dont think it will be an issue
why are people in cars land
why can muggles go through hogwarts

my point on the post you were quoting is the land has nothing to do with the plot of the movie but the environment

Mike S

Technically the hub is supposed to be a buffer between all the lands and the castle is in Fantasyland, not Main Street. This came off better when it still had huge trees to make the castle look further away than it is rather than sitting on the end of the street.

chiefs11

Well, they did feel the need to explain how you can breathe on Space Mountain... Invisible Oxygen Domes. So maybe they'll explain it away as something like "This area of Pandora has been enclosed in an oxygen dome." ;)

Last edited:

HouseHacker97

if they're going to explain it, it will be in a minor detail that probably not everyone will notice. Ive been on SM plenty of times and I've never noticed any explanation of an oxygen dome. Point is 99% of people won't care lol, but the 1% will most likely get something that satisfies them

chiefs11

if they're going to explain it, it will be in a minor detail that probably not everyone will notice. Ive been on SM plenty of times and I've never noticed any explanation of an oxygen dome. Point is 99% of people won't care lol, but the 1% will most likely get something that satisfies them
Exactly :D

Next time you are on Space Mountain, look at the preflight-check screens at load:
upload_2016-7-7_11-33-33.png

(screenshot taken from @marni1971's video about the 2009 refurb)

Daveeeeed

Back stories are important. Look at how incredible the Frontierland's backstory is at Disneyland Paris. When we went a couple months ago it really felt like you were invited to a real town with a real story, and myth. Other lands don't make you feel that way if you know what I mean. Every little detail is important even when it comes to somethings like breathing.

flyerjab

My understanding was that the time period we are "entering" takes place decades after the events of the movies. At this point in time, I thought that terraforming was occurring to make the environment tolerable to both Na'vi and humans. I don't know, maybe I made that up in my subconscious, but it sounds kinda good. No worse than an invisible oxygen dome.

Cesar R M

correct
Well, the E ticket is supposedly completely based on a critical part of the first movie.
Aka the Banshees and the warrior thingie..

Cesar R M

Well, they did feel the need to explain how you can breathe on Space Mountain... Invisible Oxygen Domes. So maybe they'll explain it away as something like "This area of Pandora has been enclosed in an oxygen dome." ;)
They are missing a huge opportunity.
Aka "breathing masks" that actually serve as SODA bottles with Avatar memoralia.

I'm waiting for my Check Iger.

Phantom Mickey

Gee you are going to be in a Theme Park based on the movie or else where did they get the idea of the irredescent plants, mountains, unobtanium, MOVIE. But do you really think the guest will be that into AVATAR to be concerned if they need a gas mask? Then again, Muppetvision 3D let you use 3D glasses, they can hand out simple mask or like the oxygen hose that goes from ear to ear, under the nose. Depends on how deep this can go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom