AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Mike S

Are we talking the one in the trail? or the one that appears walking and/or in a truck?
This one.
maxresdefault.jpg

The one in the truck is in Singapore, the walking one is Hollywood, and all three are puppets/suits.

Daveeeeed

Anyone know if the boats are going to be loaded and unloaded three at a time? As that seems to make the most sense unless it is going to be like Ratatouille which loads two sets of three which is unlikely given the ride path we've already seen I think.

rioriz

Back to Avatar! It will be interesting to see how the ground work comes together with all of the details. The floating mountains look great!

The actual "floor' or the land is one of the most interesting things to me as they will be trying to represent actual dirt walkways...

Admittedly I have no idea how this will turn out or the method they will be using

HauntedMansionFLA

The actual "floor' or the land is one of the most interesting things to me as they will be trying to represent actual dirt walkways...

Admittedly I have no idea how this will turn out or the method they will be using
Both - The flooring inside the two ride attractions. Also, the pathways outside to the different dining, retail and rides will be tricky too. If they can get it to look like the released artwork, I will be pleased:)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Both - The flooring inside the two ride attractions. Also, the pathways outside to the different dining, retail and rides will be tricky too. If they can get it to look like the released artwork, I will be pleased:)

I back story of the land is that Alpha Centauri Expeditions is now taking people on tourist trips to Pandora which could be used to justify anything that doesn't fit into the Pandora environment. Hopefully they won't rely to heavily on this crutch, but I think it may be used to justify gift shops and restaurants.

brb1006

I think it goes hand and hand with the rest of the park. DAK has a different vibe at night - in a good way. It will be stunning at night.
When I return to WDW someday, I'm so going to visit AK at night since I'm so used to seeing MK,HS and Epcot at nighttime. I love the parks more at night since not only does it give people a different vibe but a more fun and lively atmosphere. Which is why I love the electrical parades more than the daytime ones.

HauntedMansionFLA

When I return to WDW someday, I'm so going to visit AK at night since I'm so used to seeing MK,HS and Epcot at nighttime. I love the parks more at night since not only does it give people a different vibe but a more fun and lively atmosphere. Which is why I love the electrical parades more than the daytime ones.
we are going down this December. A few years back DAK had EMH for the evening and it was great. people would take off to another park and it felt like you had the park to yourself. I'm excited about what the are offering now.

Mike S

I back story of the land is that Alpha Centauri Expeditions is now taking people on tourist trips to Pandora which could be used to justify anything that doesn't fit into the Pandora environment. Hopefully they won't rely to heavily on this crutch, but I think it may be used to justify gift shops and restaurants.
I'm just waiting to see if they'll try to explain why we're breathing without masks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom