AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

NoChesterHester

Yes, because that is the date that they planned to have the work done. Yes, they can extend it, like they did with Fantasyland, but generally they try to get the date correct from the beginning.

Love it if it was true. Just seems like a ton to still get done.

If those permits are for general construction they could wrap and still have months of set installation and other finish work to do.

drummond

I
I'm a pretty big supporter of WDW in general and Avatar Land in particular, and even I have to say that's just embarrassing for the project. Lego's Avatar ripoff has only existed in toy form for a couple months and the theme park land will probably be open before Disney even breaks ground. Maybe this will finally force Disney's hand and we can see some real concept art.

LOL

Daveeeeed

Willing suspension of disbelief? Same reason you can "breath underwater" on Journey of the Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom or breath in the void of space on Space Mountain?
You do realize on Space Mountain I think they have some sort of invisible gravity and air thing. I think it would be nice to have in the loading area for the banshee ride some explanation for how, but not going overkill.

Last edited:

Figment2005

You do realize on Space Mountain I think they have some sort of invisible gravity and air thing. I think it would be nice to have in the loading area for the banshee ride some explanation for how, but not going overkill.
I believe and explanation will be present as we enter the land. Remember the suspension of belief is supposed to be in effect the second we step off of Discovery Island and into Pandora.

Daveeeeed

I believe and explanation will be present as we enter the land. Remember the suspension of belief is supposed to be in effect the second we step off of Discovery Island and into Pandora.
True, they don't even have to mention it at all, and it could be fine, but I do not think it is unreasonable to assume that they could offer a brief mention of it on one of the rides, and it is at least very likely to have some easter egg in the Hangar restaurant. Either way not a loss.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

its called a theme park, stop being so literal
plot twist.. they will sell the "breathing apparatuses" as part of the merchandise.

Everyone will be killed as soon as they cross the threshold into Pandora unless they bought a breathing apparatus at the newly annointed Rafiki's Breathing Apparatus Shop (RBAS) for $78 (included in platinum annual pass).

damn george.. are you sure you're not my long long lost brother?
great minds think a like!

Cesar R M

The movie WAS a success. But its not something like Potter or Star Wars where there are legions of royal fans. It just doesn't live in that same 'air' as those franchises. Thats the problem.
There were tons of hippies dressing in blue for years after the movie.
Some of them were hilarious like those who believe "I'm a teenage werewolf" thanks to the Twilight Franchise.
The Avatar ones were "I was born in the wrong body, I'm a Na'vi!". As they build their own tree of souls with toilet paper and trash :hilarious:

Matt_Black

There were tons of hippies dressing in blue for years after the movie.
Some of them were hilarious like those who believe "I'm a teenage werewolf" thanks to the Twilight Franchise.
The Avatar ones were "I was born in the wrong body, I'm a Na'vi!". As they build their own tree of souls with toilet paper and trash :hilarious:

You might think that's weird, and that's fair, but look at it this way- at least they're not bronies!

Cesar R M

You might think that's weird, and that's fair, but look at it this way- at least they're not bronies!
yeah.. no.. thank you for ruining my day x_x
I still have nightmares of that video a friend sent me.. of a fat 50 year old dude trying to shove adult questions (while cosplaying partially as a pony and with a clearly XXX modified pinky pie toy) to the creator of the tv show in a convention.
The parents of the little kids were horrified..

Matt_Black

yeah.. no.. thank you for ruining my day x_x
I still have nightmares of that video a friend sent me.. of a fat 50 year old dude trying to shove adult questions (while cosplaying partially as a pony and with a clearly XXX modified pinky pie toy) to the creator of the tv show in a convention.
The parents of the little kids were horrified..

Don't even get me started. One time on twitter I made a comment about how, in general, MLP fans tend to be the most insufferable and annoying, and I got retorts like "Have you even watched the show?" What does the show have anything to do with your poor behavior?!?

Siren

Remember to not set your foot in this part when it opens ;)
Yes! I've found another one. I just feel like singing *and* dancing after reading this post -- it brings me all kind of joy. You must be one of the last pro Avatarland survivors. On second thought, you're not a survivor -- you're a warrior, a champion. Yeah...

And, why "this part"? Perhaps, they should not set foot in *all* of AK, really. I'm so excited about Avatarland. I might just wanna do some cartwheels and stuff -- so, I could really use that space. LOL.

CastleBound

Yes! I've found another one. I just feel like singing *and* dancing after reading this post -- it brings me all kind of joy. You must be one of the last pro Avatarland survivors. On second thought, you're not a survivor -- you're a warrior, a champion. Yeah...

And, why "this part"? Perhaps, they should not set foot in *all* of AK, really. I'm so excited about Avatarland. I might just wanna do some cartwheels and stuff -- so, I could really use that space. LOL.
Another supporter here too... While I find the choice of Avatar strange, I am completely looking forward to this and hope the oncoming movies and park bring this film back into a good light. It's gained so many haters in recent years. I doubt anyone will be able to fight the urge to step into this land.

Siren

Another supporter here too... While I find the choice of Avatar strange, I am completely looking forward to this and hope the oncoming movies and park bring this film back into a good light. It's gained so many haters in recent years. I doubt anyone will be able to fight the urge to step into this land.
Yay!!! Thank you @CastleBound -- your upbeat and kind nature will slowly but surely draw more Avatarland supporters back! Or at least those who are curious and willing to keep an open mind.

Seriously, the last time I was here -- I just couldn't keep up with the construction thread. It was so busy and full of excitement with all of the pictures and updates everyday.

I don't know what happened but when I came back everything was already downhill. And, like all of the pro Avatar people had disappeared! LOL. So, hopefully everything will eventually get back on track.

I really appreciate your honesty. I am not a fan of the movie -- I didn't see it at the cinema. And, I just couldn't get into it at home. But, I am so excited to see Avatarland because Pandora is so beautiful and James Cameron is all about pushing boundaries and exceeding expectations.

And, then there are all of the extra bonus night experiences coming to AK, as a result of the Avatarland expansion. I don't know why this has so many haters and the same can be said for Frozen, too. LOL.

MerlinTheGoat

Espresso is small, but packs a punch.
Well sure, if "packs a punch" means giving me killer headaches and causing massive nausea (in addition to being completely ineffective at actually waking me up). At least the boat ride won't yield the same physical effects as espresso... :p

The boat ride sounds like it'll have a similar impact to that of Maelstrom (with more advanced technology) or the more recent Mine Train (meaning an admittedly "good" but criminally short ride that leaves you unsatisfied and wanting more). Blueprints refer to it as a C ticket, while Disney has been hyping it to the media as a D. Logically a C ticket sounds about right, particularly given that Disney has been inflating their attractions at least 1-2 ranks higher on the ticket scale than they actually are. Both Mermaid and Mine Train were claimed as E's, where they are actually C's and D's respectively (and i'm sure they'll be bribing Lou Mongello to call the boat an E nearer to opening).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom