Autotopia announcement coming soon.

George Lucas on a Bench

Wait wait wait... this cost 1.3 million dollars? :facepalm:

My earlier Austin Powers joke didn't go over well, but I'm going to bring this up again.

This is a prime example of why I like to call bullcrap on Disney's spending. There's no way this junk cost 1.3 million dollars, more money than probably the entire population of WDWMagic combined would even come remotely close to having. Think about this. What in tarnation cost 1.3 MILLION dollars? None of this makes sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My earlier Austin Powers joke didn't go over well, but I'm going to bring this up again.

This is a prime example of why I like to call bullcrap on Disney's spending. There's no way this junk cost 1.3 million dollars, more money than probably the entire population of WDWMagic combined would even come remotely close to having. Think about this. What in tarnation cost 1.3 MILLION dollars? None of this makes sense.

Well given that a full blown ASIMO is rumored to cost over 2.5 Million, and thats just a single one. I would say this is probably right on the money if they are shells and have the rumored basic motion.

I know it seem like a lot, but 1.3 Million doesn't go as far as you think.

Last edited:

Practical Pig

For what it's worth, Disneygeek.com said he has heard that the new ASIMO and Bird figures have some animation, but that it's not ready yet.

I hope that's true. Right now they're just static Honda ads (unsurprising with the Honda sponsorship, of course.) Some limited motion would at least make them a bit more interesting than driving by a 3d billboard. Thanks for the hope.

Actually, I'm not quite as dismissive of this as I was at first. At least this is trying to tell a story, no matter how slight.

SuddenStorm

This makes me wish Tesla had sponsored the attraction.

They could helped WDI develop a new fleet of electric vehicles, in addition to putting scenes that show the future of human transportation from electric vehicles, to space exploration with SpaceX. I'd rather see a ride that advertises what Tesla/Elon Musk/SpaceX is working on then Honda.

October82

They could helped WDI develop a new fleet of electric vehicles, in addition to putting scenes that show the future of human transportation from electric vehicles, to space exploration with SpaceX. I'd rather see a ride that advertises what Tesla/Elon Musk/SpaceX is working on then Honda.

Disney has already developed electric vehicles for Autopia at Hong Kong Disneyland. Since that ride is closing, I wonder if those vehicles will show up at Disneyland.

Practical Pig

I haven't been since Honda took over the Autopia, but I'm confused what story this is trying to tell?

Honda ... I mean Asimo and the new Bird character are on a camping trip and Bird wants to fly between locations. Bird keeps inventing impractical means of flight leading to comical defeats ... or something like that. I skimmed.

Curious Constance

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get past these hips.

upload_2017-3-28_16-59-44.png

D

Deleted member 107043

Disney has already developed electric vehicles for Autopia at Hong Kong Disneyland. Since that ride is closing, I wonder if those vehicles will show up at Disneyland.

Doubtful since they just repainted the DL cars and added Honda logos to the hoods.

IMG_9710-610x407.jpg

SuddenStorm

Honda ... I mean Asimo and the new Bird character are on a camping trip and Bird wants to fly between locations. Bird keeps inventing impractical means of flight leading to comical defeats ... or something like that. I skimmed.

Yeah, that's a stretch. I'm surprised that no one was able to come up with something better. It's also completely unrelated to what the attraction is.

Practical Pig

Doubtful since they just repainted the DL cars and added Honda logos to the hoods.

IMG_9710-610x407.jpg
I'm not committing to this, but I think I read somewhere that they also swapped out the old engines for new Honda engines. If true, I doubt there's enough difference between the old lawn mowers and the new Honda lawn mowers for anyone to notice.

Curious Constance

I'm not committing to this, but I think I read somewhere that they also swapped out the old engines for new Honda engines. If true, I doubt there's enough difference between the old lawn mowers and the new Honda lawn mowers for anyone to notice.
MiceChat said they switched the motors out, but that it still smelled the same to the person who wrote the article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom