Automobile drop-off area in Parks?

michmousefan

Original Poster
Hi there... forgive me if this has been asked already; didn't see it in search.

Is it possible to drop someone off at the front of a park — Epcot, DAK, TTC, etc. without paying the parking fee? In other words, can someone drop a few people off and then drive out of the parking lot area?

I know the alternative is to go to a resort and take a bus over but wanted to see if this more direct option was indeed possible.

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

Yes, it is. With the growing popularity of Lyft and Uber, there are actually designated pick-up/drop-off spots. (This comes solely from what I've read online -- I've not seen them in person.) You just have to make sure the driver indicates that he/she is just "dropping off," and not staying, and look for the signs directing you to pickup and dropoff locations.

This photo from easy wdw (those seven letters get blocked from the url -- you'll have to put them back in to see the photo) points to such a spot in Epcot. There is a sign on the ground near the bus circle that says, "Epcot Guest Drop-off / Pick-up, Follow walkway to the lot"). The designated spot is near the taxi stand.

http://www.*******.com/reports13/uffdrsf1.jpg

michmousefan

Original Poster
Yes, it is. With the growing popularity of Lyft and Uber, there are actually designated pick-up/drop-off spots. (This comes solely from what I've read online -- I've not seen them in person.) You just have to make sure the driver indicates that he/she is just "dropping off," and not staying, and look for the signs directing you to pickup and dropoff locations.

This photo from easy wdw (those seven letters get blocked from the url -- you'll have to put them back in to see the photo) points to such a spot in Epcot. There is a sign on the ground near the bus circle that says, "Epcot Guest Drop-off / Pick-up, Follow walkway to the lot"). The designated spot is near the taxi stand.

http://www.*******.com/reports13/uffdrsf1.jpg
Thanks much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom