Aunt Polly's is open?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Here's what I'd suggest...and if they did this, I think they'd attract more. Part of the issue is that Polly's is hard to get to...so, I see why they close it.

BUT...I think it would be great if they served unique southern foods there.

For example:

Finger Sandwiches (cucumber, chicken salad, etc)
Sun Tea (fresh brewed, not Nestea)
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade (with flavour options such as fresh raspberries crushed into it, etc)

Stuff you'd find in a southern "Tea Time"...I think it could work well and make it unique enough for someone to visit on a hot Summer day and watch the Mark Twain paddle along.

Sodas and hot dogs...yeah...that ain't gonna cut it.

PhotoDave219

Here's what I'd suggest...and if they did this, I think they'd attract more. Part of the issue is that Polly's is hard to get to...so, I see why they close it.

BUT...I think it would be great if they served unique southern foods there.

For example:

Finger Sandwiches (cucumber, chicken salad, etc)
Sun Tea (fresh brewed, not Nestea)
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade (with flavour options such as fresh raspberries crushed into it, etc)

Stuff you'd find in a southern "Tea Time"...I think it could work well and make it unique enough for someone to visit on a hot Summer day and watch the Mark Twain paddle along.

Sodas and hot dogs...yeah...that ain't gonna cut it.

Apparently they used to serve cold fried chicken.

Which im jonesing for.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm amazed to see the facility's even still functional. I would've assumed they stopped maintaining it after its closure.

Is it not strange what WDW does with Dining establishments, Perhaps a F&B manager finally figured out there is plenty of additional demand for Dining with the huge crowds and especially at FL where trash cans are used as tables because all the tables are FULL.

And the PROFIT from selling food far exceeds the 'savings' from keeping dining locations closed...

gmajew

Premium Member
Fried chicken is awsome cold any chance you can get it! Disney would make a killing with a qsr that serves it. So easy to do and keep warm to seve to mass crowds. Disney restaurant choices need a tweak but for the amount they pump out they do a real good job

Figment82

It seemed like everything was open yesterday - even Diamond Horseshoe. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to go over to Aunt Polly's, but it was nice to see so many seasonal locations open, including Tomorrowland Terrace and Tortuga Tavern, and locations with oddball operating schedules, like Golden Oak Outpost. They definitely need these places open more consistently. It's a shame the park has to be packed for to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom