august crowds

Boo's Mom

We go in August every year. We normally go around the middle of the month. This year, we are going August 13-19. The crowds are reasonable. Its not overly crowded. Maybe hour wait times for the big attractions, though I have seen Test Track wait time almost 2 hours during August.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

We went the last week of August last year and are going again this year. Very little waits. This could have been because of the hurricanes though. we shall see this year if the low crowds were just a fluke or if they are always like that.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We've been in August before, towards the end of the month, and are going again this year in the middle of this August. The last time we went the crowds were low to moderate, and I would imagine this year, given the hurricanes of last summer, they will probably be smaller since many people may have been deterred by the weather.

I also know that at least a few of the FL schools start VERY early this year (like the first or second week in August, as I've learned from some relatives that live there and have kids,) so that should also cut down on some of the crowds, at least from locals.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Never been in August, but I understand the first two weeks are busy, the last two not as busy because the American schools go back then, but the British crowds will still be there as they go back at the start of September.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

It has been years since I went in August. I do not remember they crowds being unbearable, but it was moderate. I am going again this year in August, so we will see how it is. :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

barnum42 said:
Never been in August, but I understand the first two weeks are busy, the last two not as busy because the American schools go back then, but the British crowds will still be there as they go back at the start of September.

Not all American schools go back in August. The southern schools go back in August, but up here in the north east, they don't go back until the first week in September.

The crowds shouldn't be too bad, but you might see increased crowds because of the 50th celebration.

Upvote 0

barnum42

shoppingnut said:
Not all American schools go back in August. The southern schools go back in August, but up here in the north east, they don't go back until the first week in September.
Thanks for the clarification - my knowledge of American school timetables comes from good folk like yourself :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom