August 2017 Trip

JTHC

Hi all

We'll be making our 3rd trip to Orlando in 6 months (last trip was 2014), coming from the UK.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs (for the 3rd time!) and arrive on 19th August for 14 nights.

I'm hoping some of you will be kind enough to help out with some advice if you can.

I am considering booking breakfast at BOG on our 1st full day, with the aim of getting into MK before it opens. My concern is getting there :confused:! If I make an 8am reservation will any of the Disney transport be able to get us there? We will have a hire car but I had heard that the monorail won't be running that far before park opening (9am) and the same with the resort buses?

Myself and my son love all things Star Wars :geek:. Does anybody know if the recent HS SW tours will be available in August and when I might be able to book?

Our 180 day dining reservations window is next week. Can I make reservation for a Tusker House/ROL dining package at this stage?

I'm sure I will have lots more questions in the coming months, so thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

:):)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Be Our Guest breakfast is terrible. Save your money. But if you decide to go your resort will arrange transportation for you. They'll send a van if there's no mus available.

Normally you'd be able to book ROL dining at 180 days but show times aren't confirmed that far out yet.

Upvote 0

JTHC

Original Poster
Be Our Guest breakfast is terrible. Save your money. But if you decide to go your resort will arrange transportation for you. They'll send a van if there's no mus available.

Normally you'd be able to book ROL dining at 180 days but show times aren't confirmed that far out yet.

Thanks CA. It was more about getting in the park early than the food. We have had lunch & dinner at BOG on our last trip and as we'll be on the dining plan, I think breakfast is a QS credit?
I wasn't aware that our resort would sort the transport so that's really helpful, thanks :)

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thanks CA. It was more about getting in the park early than the food. We have had lunch & dinner at BOG on our last trip and as we'll be on the dining plan, I think breakfast is a QS credit?
I wasn't aware that our resort would sort the transport so that's really helpful, thanks :)
Yes, breakfast is a QS credit. If you're on the dining plan, go for it. I highly recommend skipping for guests paying cash.

Upvote 0

belledream

BOG breakfast isn't the best food, but it is worth the QS credit in my opinion. Resort buses will be running early so you can definitely get there for an 8am reservation. We've done it many times, getting out of room and on a bus by 7am or so. Early! :in pain:;)

Upvote 0

JTHC

Original Poster
BOG breakfast isn't the best food, but it is worth the QS credit in my opinion. Resort buses will be running early so you can definitely get there for an 8am reservation. We've done it many times, getting out of room and on a bus by 7am or so. Early! :in pain:;)

Thanks belle. As it's our first morning, the jet lag means we'll be wide awake by 4-5am so may as well make good use of the early rise!

Upvote 0

Capsin4

The ROL shows times haven't been released passed June so the packages are showing up as not available. One the phone, I was told they're probably working out the fireworks schedule and to just keep checking. Good luck!

Upvote 0

LeighM

Be Our Guest breakfast was not good but our reservation was at 8AM and it was great to be in Fantasyland before the park opened. We got some nice pictures after our breakfast. We were done eating a little after 8:30 so we had some time to wait in Fantasyland until they opened the park. They opened up Peter Pan early and we were able to ride twice before the park opened early at 8:45. I wouldn't pay out of pocket for it but I would do it again on the dining plan (if the park didn't open early that day for EMH). We were on the MK bus at our resort a little before 7 and got to the park at 7:30 and getting thru security was a breeze. Then we had to wait in line for half an hour until they let us in. If you want a good, filling breakfast, try to get Crystal Palace before park opens as close to 8AM as possible. It does take longer if you wait for the characters but by the time we finished, we could walk right across the bridge into Adventureland.

Upvote 0

mbl219

"Yeah, we're arriving on the 19th, so we're within the 180+10, hence why we've managed to book restaurants on 26th August. Interesting to know there's a similar issue with other venues, I'll keep checking!"

I arrive on the 22 nd until Sept. 1 .I have been trying as well. What is 180 +10? is that only in the app? I just started using it today and was surprised I could book before the 180 mark. I have been trying coral reef also but nothing after the 23rd. I am also wondering why I cant use App for Fantasmic dinner package. Was feeling like maybe it was me ,glad to hear i am not that bad with the phone ! LOL

Upvote 0

Capsin4

What is 180 +10? is that only in the app?

Onsite quests can make ADRs when 180 days from their arrival date and also for the next 10 days. Offsite guests can only make them 180 days from each day of their visit. So you can basically make reservations from 190 days from the end of the 10 day window.

I don't use the app for reservations, but it's available online and by phone for sure.

Upvote 0

Luca219

Onsite quests can make ADRs when 180 days from their arrival date and also for the next 10 days. Offsite guests can only make them 180 days from each day of their visit. So you can basically make reservations from 190 days from the end of the 10 day window.

I don't use the app for reservations, but it's available online and by phone for sure.
Thank You!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom