Attendance drop in the parks... I wonder why

L.C. Clench

If I understand correctly you are asking me why is it odd that people who have soured on a WDW vacation would spend large amounts of time posting on a forum for people who love DIsney and would join said forum after they soured on the experiance. If so I'd answer because I'd think they could find better things to do with their time. For the record I never said these people were not welcome here or shouldn't be welcomed here, just that I found it odd that they want to be here.
I think for some it's because they actually love Disney and hate to see what it's become. There was a time when Disney was about innovation, service and show. There was a time when the executives spent time in the parks. They watched what people did and they actually understood guest experience. There was a time when brand loyalty was more important than short term money grabs. There was a time they could build in an entire theme park 3 times over in the time it's taken them to build a land in Animal Kingdom.

The Disney of today is a far cry from what many people grew up with and loved. It doesn't mean it's all bad but it's not all great either. To paraphrase things said by many people about many things I don't hate Disney. I love Disney and realistic criticism is a hope that they can do better.

Sonconato

I think for some it's because they actually love Disney and hate to see what it's become. There was a time when Disney was about innovation, service and show. There was a time when the executives spent time in the parks. They watched what people did and they actually understood guest experience. There was a time when brand loyalty was more important than short term money grabs. There was a time they could build in an entire theme park 3 times over in the time it's taken them to build a land in Animal Kingdom.

The Disney of today is a far cry from what many people grew up with and loved. It doesn't mean it's all bad but it's not all great either. To paraphrase things said by many people about many things I don't hate Disney. I love Disney and realistic criticism is a hope that they can do better.
Well said.

Angel Ariel

Exactly!

Siren

I've spent a fair bit of time reading this thread the past week and until the last few pages one thing really stood out for me, quite a few posters who feel they don't get a good ROI on WDW trip. This in and of itself is not unusual here and that's fine, but it seemed odd to me that there was a rather vocal handful who joined this forum in the past 6 months or so. Just struck me as odd that one(or three) would feel this way and join the forum after coming to this conclusion. I fully understand those who were already active here when they came to that conclusion.
Very well said and I totally agree with you.

If I understand correctly you are asking me why is it odd that people who have soured on a WDW vacation would spend large amounts of time posting on a forum for people who love DIsney and would join said forum after they soured on the experiance. If so I'd answer because I'd think they could find better things to do with their time. For the record I never said these people were not welcome here or shouldn't be welcomed here, just that I found it odd that they want to be here.
Again, very well said and I find it extremely odd and quite disturbing as well.

Anyway, in regards to park attendance -- I think it's a non issue. Pandora, Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land are sure to increase crowds in the coming years. Not to mention, the billions slated for Epcot. This is an exciting time to be a Disney fan and a theme park fan.

Angel Ariel

I can understand finding it odd...I don't understand it being disturbing.

I'm one of those who has said I'm not choosing WDW right now because what you get for the cost is not worth it. Going out to Disneyland is not much more expensive for us, and we have a better overall experience there, so we choose DLR over WDW. What about that is disturbing at all? I still love the things that have always been at MK. I don't suddenly hate MK just because I don't find it to be the best use of my vacation dollars at the moment. I still love Disney. Bottom line. I truly don't understand why that would disturb anyone.

And yes, I'm still interested in what happens at WDW because I do expect that *some day* we will head back there. I also help family members and friends plan their trips (in the middle of doing that now, for my brother and his family). So even if WDW may not be my first choice right now, that doesn't mean I don't have a reason to be on Disney forums.

Grimley1968

I can understand finding it odd...I don't understand it being disturbing.

I'm one of those who has said I'm not choosing WDW right now because what you get for the cost is not worth it. Going out to Disneyland is not much more expensive for us, and we have a better overall experience there, so we choose DLR over WDW. What about that is disturbing at all? I still love the things that have always been at MK. I don't suddenly hate MK just because I don't find it to be the best use of my vacation dollars at the moment. I still love Disney. Bottom line. I truly don't understand why that would disturb anyone.

And yes, I'm still interested in what happens at WDW because I do expect that *some day* we will head back there. I also help family members and friends plan their trips (in the middle of doing that now, for my brother and his family). So even if WDW may not be my first choice right now, that doesn't mean I don't have a reason to be on Disney forums.
Agreed. I think it's disturbing that I can't understand someone else's use of the word "disturbing". ;)

Angel Ariel

I truly hate how this forum has been hijacked by a handful of new posters and their garbage posts. They totally destroyed and ruined that other forum they were on with their nastiness and gross ways. Rabid and incessant ranting and bullying over fastpass, price increases and raging obsessively over cancelling their trips to WDW. And, claiming how they are going to Disneyland but too stupid to realize that the money goes in the same damn pot.

It's the same cycle and sadly it won't be long before they destroy this wonderful forum with their tacky garbage posts.

Given the Disneyland reference, I have to assume you're talking to me (since no one else recently has mentioned DLR), but I'm not sure where the accusations of nastiness are coming from. I haven't said anything nasty to you, or anyone on this forum. I'm here to talk about Disney, that's all.

As to the Disneyland comment..yes, I'm aware it still goes to "disney" as a whole - since I love Disney, I don't have a problem with that. But attendance numbers mean something to the company as well, and my attendance at DLR does not actually count towards WDW attendance numbers.

SorcererMC

Given the Disneyland reference, I have to assume you're talking to me (since no one else recently has mentioned DLR), but I'm not sure where the accusations of nastiness are coming from. I haven't said anything nasty to you, or anyone on this forum. I'm here to talk about Disney, that's all.

As to the Disneyland comment..yes, I'm aware it still goes to "disney" as a whole - since I love Disney, I don't have a problem with that. But attendance numbers mean something to the company as well, and my attendance at DLR does not actually count towards WDW attendance numbers.

No, I don't believe @Siren was referring to you. There are a few/some posters here who have a penchant for making personal attacks on other posters, that is what she was referring to, I believe. Most of us here like talking about Disney...and prefer to do so without the nastiness/ name-calling, etc. So, welcome to the boards:confused::).

Angel Ariel

No, I don't believe @Siren was referring to you. There are a few/some posters here who have a penchant for making personal attacks on other posters, that is what she was referring to, I believe. Most of us here like talking about Disney...and prefer to do so without the nastiness/ name-calling, etc. So, welcome to the boards:confused::).
That's good to know. Thank you for clarifying! And thanks for the welcome :)

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I've spent a fair bit of time reading this thread the past week and until the last few pages one thing really stood out for me, quite a few posters who feel they don't get a good ROI on WDW trip. This in and of itself is not unusual here and that's fine, but it seemed odd to me that there was a rather vocal handful who joined this forum in the past 6 months or so. Just struck me as odd that one(or three) would feel this way and join the forum after coming to this conclusion. I fully understand those who were already active here when they came to that conclusion.

Oh man-just squeaked past that 6 month window!

Joking aside, I don't think it matters if you've been on the forum for a month or a decade. Some people may have perused for a time, but only recently decided to jump on the forum. And of course, there are people that'll post once in a while and disappear for a time. Doesn't mean a person can't post a remark. If it's trolling, I'm sure the moderators will do something about it.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Seems like Disneyland is picking up the slack, they have Remember back which is their version of Wishes plus the newer castle images left over from Forever, Main Street Electrical Parade is back and they have Fantastic. I think A new destination is calling my name.

drizgirl

Seems like Disneyland is picking up the slack, they have Remember back which is their version of Wishes plus the newer castle images left over from Forever, Main Street Electrical Parade is back and they have Fantastic. I think A new destination is calling my name.

Just an FYI, Fantasmic is under refurbishment right now, and MSEP is reported to be ending in June.

The Mom

Premium Member
And another thread that the same group of people have derailed. Please stop. There may not be anything that specifically states new posters cannot express an opinion - in fact they are welcome to do so. But there are rules against personal attacks, continual off topic posts (although a little leeway is allowed), having multiple accounts, and ignoring moderator decisions. I shouldn't have to go into each and every thread to give the same group the same warning.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No clique around these parts AT ALL. I have been here for well over a decade and this is hands down one of the nicest corners of the internet. It doesn't take much to get along, just some common courtesy and you're good to go.

That's why my post was just deleted but the other wasn't. :rolleyes:

DisneyFan 2000

That's why my post was just deleted but the other wasn't. :rolleyes:
I think you can excuse the moderators for having a life other than being a forum police and thus perhaps missing a post here and there. My point still stands - No cliques here, just a very enthusiastic bunch of fans taking theme parks far too seriously. ;)

orky8

I just got back from Disney. Great quick trip, but personally, my attendance might be dropping because they can't afford to run the dang air conditioner, apparently. I should not be sweating bullets in Arendale in February (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom