Attempting dream proposal, need advice!!!

Fuzzball543

Original Poster
Alright here is the situation,

My girlfriend and I have been together for 5 years and we are finally stable enough in our lives that its time to pop the question. We have talked and joked about marriage and proposals over the years, but there has always been one in particular that put a real smile on her face; and I want to make it happen.

If anyone has ever seen the movie "Enchanted" then they know towards the end of the film Robert and Giselle attend the King and Queens ball where they dance the waltz to the song "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin. It's very romantic and anytime we watch the movie she always watches it with such a passionate look in her eyes. I want to give her a proposal she will never forget and so I figured recreating this scene would be the way to do it. I have been planning a trip to Disney world for our 6 year anniversary and at some point during our stay I would like to surprise her with the dance and pop the question.

Here is my problem,

I have never actually been to Disney World and so I have no idea where to hold our dance. I have searched online but can only find dinners and ball rooms that are much more then what I need to make this happen. The trip is already quite pricey just by itself, so I don't need a grand ballroom (as much as I would love that) I just need a romantic spot where we can dance and not be interrupted by passing bi-standards.

I wanted to ask if anyone out there knows any good spots or possibly even restaurants that may be able to accommodate the request. If you have any idea's I would greatly appreciate them :) Thank you!

ItlngrlBella

Congrats! Top of the World (or whatever it's now called), at Contemporary and then watch Wishes from there? Maybe they can put the song on for you, present the ring on a special dessert, and then time it just before Wishes starts so you can watch it after. Keep us posted or do a mini report. We love pics too! Best wishes!!! :)

catmom46

Congratulations! I'm wondering if you'll be able to do this at Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk? It's actually used for weddings and receptions, but it's also open to the public in the evenings as a dance club. Maybe if you get there early on you'll have the place mostly to yourself and the DJ will be able to play the song for you. From what I've read online, it's not exactly a hot spot, but it can get crowded some nights.

Another idea may be renting a pontoon boat, although usually you can't rent past 5pm, so not sure if you'd want to pop the question in broad daylight. Or you could go to one of the beaches, either near the Boardwalk or Beach Club, around Seven Seas Lagoon, or at Fort Wilderness, at sunset.

BJones82

Hey so a few ideas,

1: 2 Day in room thing linked here from Disney Floral

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/awishcometruetwodayromanticexperience.do

The first night is just flowers and a message, the second night you get back to your room and you can dance to the candle light with the champagne delivered to your room and ask.

Another option is contact Disney about a dinner on a grand floridian balcony (only 1 dinner a night) it's just the two of you, music, and it would be an amazing place to do it :)

Both of those are up there price wise though, so alternatively I would call Disney and tell them what you want :) They are ammmmmmazing at helping with this stuff just some times it's too much lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom