Atraction Closing Look At This!!!!

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
Timekeeper is now closed it closed on 4/22/01 ? some where around there but i do know it is closed and it is not open. it will be demolished :( ill get over it

DisneyGal

I heard that Timekeeper was closed for good to make room for a new attraction. I haven't heard anything about what is going to happen to the spot or what will be taking its place, but I never heard anything about the spot being demolished.

goofy

was time keeper the 360 degree cinema where u stood in the middle and went round the world with Jules Verne or somethin

NBCPEACOCK50321

I had a chance...

I had a chance to go on the Timekeeper in April...I've never been on it...what I'm still wondering about is WHY DID THEY CLOSE THE SKYWAY?

~~PreppyGoodyGoody ;)

DisJosh

From what I heard the Skyway was closed b/c it was too dated and didnt fit in with the theming. Last I heard they were preparing to take down the skyway towers(poles).....theyve probably already done it.

MrPromey

Seeing the tarmac roof of all the buildings in fantaysland really wasn't very magical. Some people have also suggested that they cast member that died from it had something to do with it's closing as well. While I don't really think that's the case, an attraction that has people in little buckets suspended 100 feet in the air unattended that they could crawl out of (if for some unknown reason they wanted to) was probably something that didn't make the suits at Disney feel too comfortable with. They said it was to make room for new attractions but considering that the loading platforms had rather small footprints and that they have yet to really do much of anything with either end since they closed them, I would have reason to doubt this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey
Seeing the tarmac roof of all the buildings in fantaysland really wasn't very magical. Some people have also suggested that they cast member that died from it had something to do with it's closing as well. While I don't really think that's the case, an attraction that has people in little buckets suspended 100 feet in the air unattended that they could crawl out of (if for some unknown reason they wanted to) was probably something that didn't make the suits at Disney feel too comfortable with. They said it was to make room for new attractions but considering that the loading platforms had rather small footprints and that they have yet to really do much of anything with either end since they closed them, I would have reason to doubt this.

Wasnt there also some issue with disabled access?

DisJosh

I heard they were going to use the Fantasyland loading area as a swiss themed restaurant. Probably just a rumor.....anyone know anything about that?

FutureCEO

I hated the Timekeeper. I heard that the Carousel of Progress was going down, don't ask where i heard it from. Maybe I heard it in my sleep. Also MetLife is not renew its contract for Wonders of Life so Disney might ditch that. I say bring back World of Motion and Horizons!!!! My two favorite rides in Epcot!:mad: :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom