Trip Report At Long Last - A 4-Day Anniversary TR

I used to be so good with my TRs, but I guess I’ve fallen off the wagon! I didn’t even write one for my past few trips, and this one comes nearly 3 months after getting home! Ah well, it’s fun to have a little separation from the trip and relive it a bit. So much has happened since then, reliving the magic is a good thing :)

For a brief intro on me and my BF, here’s my Pre-TR: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-sure-why-not-ptr-5-31-6-3.864676/

I think our story is pretty romantic…the first post might be worth a quick read, lol.

Here’s the uber-light basics, though:

Dates: 5/31-6/3/2013
Airline: Southwest, BUF-MCO
Hotel: POR (First Time)
Celebration: Our 1-Year Anniversary
Extra Notes: My BF hadn’t been to WDW since 1992, and hadn’t flown since 1999 (I can’t even imagine…)

Our flight left really early on Friday morning…6am, to be exact. So, we of course couldn’t sleep the night before (I haven’t had that feeling in awhile. I’ve been going so much as an AP the past few years, those pre-trip jitters haven’t come around in awhile. It was kinda nice to have them again…except for the whole, “slept for 2.5 hours thing!”).

My countdown app proved that it was finally time for our trip!
IMG_3896.jpg

I helped BF pack, since he was new to all the fluid requirements and other post-9/11 changes. Luckily, we were through security and to our gate in less than 20 minutes. We were off to a good start!

I paid extra for Southwest priority boarding, and we ended up as the first or second group after business class, so we lucked out and got exit row seating – nice and comfy for the two of us :)

Noooo, we don’t look tired at all!
IMG_3900.jpg

BF was enthralled with the plane and flying in general. It was so cute! I travel a lot for business and in general, so it was cool to live it through his eyes.

A view of the sunrise (and another Southwest plane) from our seats:
IMG_3899.jpg

BF loved playing with the “free” parts of in-flight WIFI. Here’s our flight tracker…almost there!
IMG_3908.jpg

At long last (really, only 2 hours, lol) we arrived at OIA. I’m used to hightailing it over to DME, but BF was so excited to see a Kennedy Space Center store. I was prepared to slow down my usual pace so that he could enjoy himself, and it was so awesome to see things through his eyes. He loved checking out that store! When we take his son to WDW next year, we’ll definitely be stopping at Kennedy Space Center.
IMG_3910.jpg

Then it was off to DME. These new podiums made it easier to see which lines go where. It used to be total chaos! These were new since my last trip in January, so I had to take a picture :)
IMG_3911.jpg

At this point, we were so excited to be in Orlando and on our way to WDW.
IMG_3914.jpg

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
POR was the second stop (I think) for DME, and I was especially excited since it was my first stay there. My family’s favorite resort was POFQ, but it wasn’t available with an AP rate, and I thought POR would be more romantic anyway, so that worked out.

Heading to check in:
IMG_3916.jpg

I checked in online well in advance, but the process still took about half an hour. We had a new CM checking us in and she was really confused…so was I, but I didn’t get grumpy or anything. We were just happy to be there :)

We stopped at the food court for snacks since we hadn’t eaten in about 5 hours by that point. I was on Weight Watchers at the time (I’ve lost another 20lbs since the trip – woo hoo!) and was going to count points all weekend…well that lasted awhile. I got a cinnamon bun :). It was my anniversary and I was there to enjoy myself, I figured I could get right back to the plan when I got home (which I did). I gained .8lbs that week but lost 3.2 the next week, so it all worked out!

We grabbed some snacks for the room for later and made the trek to our room:
IMG_3920.jpg

Yes, I make my BF pose with snacks in random spots, lol. Luckily, he "gets" me :). So, we took our snacks and made the loooong trek to our room. I loved the theming and scenery at POR, but I’ll tell you – we never took the same path to our room more than once. It was so confusing! It was fun getting a little “lost” each time, though, and like I said – the property is SO gorgeous.

We had a king room that had recently been refurbished (the entire resort has been, I believe) and it had several nods to The Princess and the Frog in it, so here are a few shots to give you an idea:
IMG_3921.jpg

My bag is on a bench that also opens up into a twin-sized bed:
IMG_3922.jpg

See:
IMG_3929.jpg

Another PatF reference, this one on the king bed:
IMG_3926.jpg

We were very pleased with the room…and very tired! We took a short nap before heading over to MK.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I was so excited to get to MK with BF. I was exhausted but didn’t want to nap…I didn’t let him know that, though. I’ve experienced everything at WDW so many times, this trip was about relaxing and enjoying my time there with him. He hasn’t been on any vacation in 10 years, so I wanted this to be about us and about him relaxing. I travel to WDW solo quite a bit as well, so I shifted my perspective entirely. This also included refraining from pointing out broken effects or other issues…I didn’t want to ruin anything for him and wanted to just enjoy it (although he pointed out things and asked questions numerous times – go figure!).

We made it!
IMG_3932.jpg

Our first stop was at Guest Relations for Happy Anniversary pins. We had SO many CMs and other Guests congratulate us during our weekend...it really made the trip!

After making our way down Main Street via the Mall…I mean the Emporium, we were hungry again, so we stopped at my favorite place to eat – Casey’s. I had been raving about it to BF, who loves hot dogs and ESPECIALLY loves classic Disney cartoons (I found a keeper, folks! Not a Disney “geek,” but loves the old cartoons and hates new Disney Channel). I was hoping we’d find a spot on the bleachers and we did – yay :)
IMG_3936.jpg

He loved it – double yay! Sorry for assaulting you for photos while you’re eating, Babe!

That’s another thing with this trip. I was all about flexibility, but there were certain things that had to be booked ahead of time, and also things that I would suggest. Thankfully, everything worked out. I would feel personally responsible if something I planned or suggested, well, stunk!

For our first ride in WDW, we went over to HM. Some backstory – while my “geeky” thing is Disney, my BF’s geeky thing is Knight Rider (we actually just met David Hasselhoff this weekend, lol). He is currently working on transforming his Trans Am into KARR, basically the “evil twin” of KITT. Very early in our relationship, he explained to me his dream of building a KITT/KARR (he hadn’t bought the TA yet) and played for me the voice he wanted it to have.

“Oh, that’s Paul Frees,” was my response.

His jaw dropped :D.

“How the heck do you know who Paul Frees is?!” he almost yelled at me, lol.

He knew then that I was a keeper…I’m just sayin :cool:

So, back to WDW, BF was extremely excited to ride HM and hear Paul Frees “in person.” The line was about 20 minutes, and we went through the graveyard so that he could experience it and get excited for the ride (which he did):

IMG_3944.jpg

MK was pretty busy and we skipped rides that BF’s son would want to do when we went as a family (except for HM because it was so important to BF and he was afraid his son would be too freaked out to ride when we went).

We headed over to HoP next, then just kind of wound our way through the MK, taking in the sights and sounds.

This is a Photopass picture…with their camera…seriously! I’m no photographer, but a bit blown out, don’t you think?

IMG_3950.jpg

I had a weird encounter with that Photopass photographer, actually. I asked him to take a picture with my camera and he flat out refused. And very nastily. I let it slide, but it was such an odd encounter!

As we made our way around MK, we made our way to my favorite ride in all of WDW, of course, the Peoplemover. He was excited to ride with me, knowing how much I love it:

IMG_3954.jpg

By the time we had made it to MK, it was around 1, I think, and we had dinner reservations at 5:30 for Shula’s, so after the Peoplemover we made our way out of the park and back to POR.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
One aside, in case I forget – it is SO luck of the draw how the bus service will be, but we seriously lucked out this trip (BF likes to think he is a WDW busy lucky charm, lol). We never waited more than 10 minutes for any bus, from anywhere. It worked out so well!

Back at the hotel, we got all gussied up for our anniversary dinner. BF is a HUGE Dolphins fan (rough for him, living in Buffalo), and I originally wanted to surprise him with this choice, but I couldn’t keep a secret, so he knew for awhile. Ah well!

On the way back to our room at POR I documented the building and room number for posterity:

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

Bell services called us a cab, and a nice CM took this pic while we waited:
IMG_3961.jpg

The cab to the Dolphin from POR cost $12, I think, so not bad. And much easier than going to a park or DTD and transferring. We were running a little behind anyway, so no big deal there.

It looks unassuming from the lobby, but it is an amazing restaurant:
IMG_3962.jpg

I didn’t take pictures of our food, sorry, but I ordered a pineapple mojito (The best I’ve ever had…although I’m not a big drinker so I have no idea how good it “really” was. All I know is that it was smooth and tasted amazing!). I had the 12-ounce filet mignon with wine sauce, and thoroughly enjoyed the bread and salad (thank goodness I decided not to count Weight Watchers points!). For sides, we had mashed potatoes and corn (literally the best corn I have ever tasted…what do they do to it?!). Oh, in case you haven’t been there, the sides are served family style, so we just split one order of each (and there was plenty left over – the servings are huge!).

BF had the 12-ounce filet mignon without sauce, no drinks for him (just Coke, lol). For dessert, we split the chocolate soufflé. We were pleasantly surprised when the manager came over to say that dessert was an anniversary gift from Shula’s.

The meal was absolutely superb. I am…well…cheap, and we don’t eat at fancy restaurants often, so we don’t have much culinary discipline, but this meal was simply the best I have ever had. Our server was friendly and attentive (without being intrusive), and just the whole meal was amazing. As an anniversary present ,I bought BF a Shula’s hat on the way out ($40…ouch, lol) as well.

From there, we hopped on a bus back to MK, all decked out! I am a very casual traveler, so it was fun to be a little dressier in MK.

Since we looked so good (lol) we had a ton of Photopass pics taken, but I won’t bombard you. Here’s my favorite:
2c650a7a-fdc4-47bf-8113-a1d3009ae951.jpg

We went over to HM again (no line this time):
IMG_3991.jpg

Then we meandered through Fantasyland and New FL. Of course, we had to check out those awesome restrooms ;)
IMG_3998.jpg

Actually, it was a coincidence, but they looked nice…for restrooms. I don’t get why people were in such a tizzy over them, but whatever.

After walking around a bit, it was nearly time for Wishes, so we made our way to the hub. I kind of casually watch Wishes since I’m in WDW so much, so I didn’t think much about where to go. We ended up on the main walkway from Tomorrowland (a path I rarely use, for some reason…I always cut through the Terrace), and we ended up right under Tinkerbell’s path – I was so excited for BF!.

The weather was clear, no rain, and no wind that I could tell, but apparently there was wind up high because Tinkerbell didn’t fly that night. Ah well, that’s okay. We had a great view of Wishes, and it was so romantic being there with BF. It was a reat finish to an awesome (long!) day.

We were too tired to make it for the second Electrical Parade, so we headed back to POR to get some much-needed sleep.

Coming up – Day 2, DHS (With an incredible surprise...and way more pictures!)

PartOfYourWorld

Yay!!!!! So glad to see you have started it! One day our trips to WDW will overlap!!! haha :) We came so close this time! Only missed each other by 3 days!!! Can't wait to read what the surprise in DHS was! :)

fractal

How did I miss this TR?

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm always struggling with getting where I want to be and it doesn't get easier as you age.

Very cool about your BF's Kit Kar. I used to watch Knight Rider - good show!

Thanks for the review of Shula's! I always hear great things but have never tried it.

LizC

Great TR so far. How fun that you get to go with an (almost) newbie! I can't wait to see what he thought of the other parks.

We love Shula's too. Already got my ADR for Super Bowl Sunday!

Can't wait for the rest. :)

PolynesianPrincess

YAY!! Your TR has started!! I was actually wondering the other day if you were going to write one! :)

Congrats on the weight loss and for making it a year with the BF! Looks like staying in Buffalo was a GREAT thing for you!! Can't wait to read the rest!!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for reading my lil ole TR :) I haven't found where multi-quote is since they changed the site a bit ago, so I've cut and pasted to reply to everyone...I hope the formatting is okay!

So excited to see you started your TR! Loving the pics of POR, the rooms are so cute! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks! We really loved POR. It was a lot of walking, but it was just so gorgeous and quiet there...I will definitely stay there again!

Nice 1st day :) Love the pics and love to read more :)

Thank you! Days 2 and 3 need a bit more writing, so I need to get to work :)

Loving your trip report! POR looks so cute and is definitely on my list of places to stay! Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading! I am clearing off some time now to get at least part of Day 2 done, lol.

Yay!!!!! So glad to see you have started it! One day our trips to WDW will overlap!!! haha :) We came so close this time! Only missed each other by 3 days!!! Can't wait to read what the surprise in DHS was! :)

So close on the timing this time! I think we're both doing the Princess Half, though, right? That may be the day, lol.

How did I miss this TR?

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm always struggling with getting where I want to be and it doesn't get easier as you age.

Very cool about your BF's Kit Kar. I used to watch Knight Rider - good show!

Thanks for the review of Shula's! I always hear great things but have never tried it.

Thanks, fractal! I know I say this every once in awhile, but every time I hear a Michael Bolton song I think of you! :D

Totally OT, but I appreciate your thoughtful responses in the NGE thread. I'm somewhere in the middle, but it's so nice to read opinions that don't entail insulting other people!

Shula's was just so amazing - we are still talking about it!

Great TR so far. How fun that you get to go with an (almost) newbie! I can't wait to see what he thought of the other parks.

We love Shula's too. Already got my ADR for Super Bowl Sunday!

Can't wait for the rest. :)

Thanks, Liz! It really was so fun to experience WDW with an (almost) newbie. Since he hadn't been on any vacation in over a decade, I really wanted it to be both fun for him and relaxing. Plus, since we're taking his son in 2014, there was no pressure to do all the "musts," we just took our time and saw some of our favorites, without doing anything that we'd feel badly doing without him (so no Star Tours, lol...he is such a massive Star Wars fan!).

How awesome to eat there on Super Bowl Sunday! Maybe the Dolphins will make it this year...I think they're still rebuilding but I suspect that the team doesn't. Tannehill could surprise me...we'll see!

YAY!! Your TR has started!! I was actually wondering the other day if you were going to write one! :)

Congrats on the weight loss and for making it a year with the BF! Looks like staying in Buffalo was a GREAT thing for you!! Can't wait to read the rest!!

Did you do a TR yet? I can't believe it's already the end of August, so I'm going to guess you did, lol. I come to WDWMagic in spurts now, so I've missed a lot.

Plus, the weekend after we got back, my sister went into labor early (at 32 weeks..baby and mom are good and home now, but it was scary for a bit), BF and I moved in together (a massive undertaking because he had so. much. stuff.) and just this month I had mono (of all freaking things), which pretty much wiped out August. It has been a crazy summer!

PolynesianPrincess

Did you do a TR yet? I can't believe it's already the end of August, so I'm going to guess you did, lol. I come to WDWMagic in spurts now, so I've missed a lot.

Plus, the weekend after we got back, my sister went into labor early (at 32 weeks..baby and mom are good and home now, but it was scary for a bit), BF and I moved in together (a massive undertaking because he had so. much. stuff.) and just this month I had mono (of all freaking things), which pretty much wiped out August. It has been a crazy summer!

I actually have NOT written my TR yet from May! I'm STILL working on my one from last fall and the Tower of Terror 10 Miler! I think I'll finish it just in time for our trip next week! Then I'll have TWO to write when I return.... I'll finish them all though... Maybe by the turn of the next century!! lol

You definitely did have a crazy summer! Congrats to your sister on her new little bundle of joy! Glad they are both doing well! You would think the girl would have more stuff than the guy would when combining assets. I guess not in your case! haha Hope you're feeling better! Mono is brutal!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Day 2 – DHS

Rise and shine – we are ready for Day 2! I don’t think my boyfriend has ever slept so soundly as he did that first night, lol. That’s what a day of WDW will do to you! We slept in a bit, but trooper that he is, he finally rose at a respectable hour (9am, lol…my alarm is usually set for 6 in WDW, but I eased up on him!).

After light snacks in our room, we made the trek back to the bus stops. Yup, we took a completely different way back (even though we thought we were heading in the same direction). That place is a tangled web of walkways, but it is so darn pretty and fun to walk through that it became a bit of a game for us this weekend :)

This time, we came up along the side of the wheel…whenever I passed it I heard Mr. Edwards singing “Old Dan Tupper” on Little House. You’re welcome ;)

IMG_4011.jpg

Before heading to the bus, we stopped in the gift shop and I noticed some awesome details while BF shopped for a few things for his son:

IMG_4015.jpg

Then, of course, we walked out and a DHS bus came about 90 seconds later. My BF has a bus gift, just like he said!

If I had waited about 10 seconds, that lady wouldn’t have been there…oh well:
IMG_4016.jpg

As I mentioned before, BF loves cars, so he got really excited about things that I usually pass by, like this:
IMG_4018.jpg

It was SO awesome to appreciate the details that are important to him in WDW. He found and noticed things that I never pay attention to, and it was so magical for me (and for him) to experience them together <3

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I know I mentioned this before, but every CM (and quite a few guests) said Happy Anniversary to us because of our pins. We grinned and said “Thank You” every time. It really added such a nice touch to the trip. Anyway, here’s our first Photopass picture of the day:
IMG_4021.jpg

I love that Epcot shirt. I bought it with my sister in January (maybe I should do a way late TR for that one, lol, it was a fun trip for MLK weekend) and was finally skinny enough to wear it!

More cars!
IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

He loved stopping and admiring all the details. Of course he knew what kind of car each of them was and could rattle off random factoids. I love that about him :)

Here’s a little story:

Early in our relationship, we both discovered that we loved The Twilight Zone. And somehow we got into this habit of watching it on Netflix at my apartment every Tuesday. Soon, we were texting each other “Happy Twilight Tuesday” every Tuesday morning, lol. So, when BF decided we were gonna do the parks this trip, I immediately suggested he ride ToT, at least once. Because he loves The Twilight Zone so much, he had to ride once, just to appreciate the amazing theming and details.

But he hates heights. Like he really hates heights.

So I told him not to worry and we’d go in the gift shop together. Then I said we should go through the preshow and queue so he could soak up some of the details that way. I’ve tried explaining how cool it was the first time I saw the episode of The Twilight Zone called “It’s a Good Life,” and Rod Serling did his intro. “This, as you may recognize is a….map of the United States!”

I realized that it was from the ToT intro, and loved “discovering” that detail (that was probably 6 or 7 years ago). Little moments like that, recognizing things from episodes, makes experiencing ToT even cooler for me.

So, that was the plan heading into DHS. Then we had a Photopass photographer take this picture:
IMG_4029.jpg

Suddenly BF turned to me and said, “Okay, let’s do it.”

Wait…what?

“Are you sure, babe, cause we really don’t have to!” I promised (and meant it!).

“No, let’s do it. Before I chicken out.” LOL!

The line was kind of long and we had lunch ADRs, so we decided to come back later.

BF likes Aerosmith and loves roller coasters so he was really excited for this RnRC. When we took his son to a local amusement park this summer, he rode his first “real” coaster and hated it, so BF was right in assuming we should do RnRC in May (he was afraid he wouldn’t get to ride when we come back because his son wouldn’t want to). We grabbed FPs for, I think, 4pm. We figured we’d check out ToT after that and just wait, however long the line was.

He looks excited:
IMG_4033.jpg

So does that random dude who saw me and couldn’t shift 2 feet to his left ;)

By this point, it was about 11 so we made our way back down Sunset Blvd for lunch ADRs at SciFi (I knew that BF would love it here, so I booked this one in advance). Of course, we saw more cars!
IMG_4035.jpg

We were a few minutes early for our ADRs at SciFi and stumbled across this guy on his way to a break. How perfect did this turn out?
IMG_4046.jpg

Okay, let’s eat! We only had light snacks for breakfast since we had early lunch ADRs, so we were starving by this point:
IMG_4047.jpg

The park was absolutely slammed. Whoever says early Star Wars Weekends are slower is living in 2007, because it was insanity at DHS. I was at the last SWW last summer and it was a way easier crowd than this. Just insane. For the most part, we were navigating around the crowds so it really didn’t affect us other than traffic.

BF is a picky eater, so I knew the menu at SciFi would be perfect for him. Plus, I knew he’d love eating in a ’57 Chevy and just the whole ambience in there. I was right :D

He had hot chicken bites and French fries, with a vanilla shake. I had a turkey BLT with the cucumber salad and a water. Both were good, although I tried one of his chicken bites and they were HOT. Good, but hot.

Our server was okay…not very attentive but we didn’t need much so we didn’t mind. He took this great shot, though:

IMG_4056.jpg

It’s the wallpaper on my iPhone 5, lol. I have it situated so all my apps and folders are above the car. It looks cute. Just sayin ;)

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Sorry guys, this post is a long one!

After SciFi we walked by Muppets (from now on I’m just going to say “our” son since I love him and it’s easier to write it that way) since our son loves them and we didn’t want to see it without him. After struggling to do a self portrait by the fountain, a nice Guest (I’m guessing CM, actually) offered to take this pic:
IMG_4068.jpg

We went into the Muppet store and stopped to look at all the awesome details (since the Muppets gear now takes up a fraction of the space it used to :()

IMG_4072.jpg

That didn’t turn out very well, but I love the Muppet Show details!

Our next stop was LMA. In case you have forgotten, BF is a huge car guy. I saw LMA in 2005 right after it opened. It was neat, but not something I have ever felt the need to do again. I was so excited to see it again with BF, though. He felt badly seeing it without our son, but I cautioned that it may be gone before we get back, and he really wanted to see it.

On the way, we stopped at one of my favorite little details in DHS:
IMG_4077.jpg

I love that he does goofy poses for me :)

Oh, and the rain was working this time! The last few times I checked it out the effect wasn’t working, so that was nice.

He asked me to take this picture specifically…he was so excited!
IMG_4085.jpg

Okay, so now it’s surprise time!

We sat down to wait for LMA to start, and I checked in on Foursquare (I always do while we’re in WDW). Suddenly I had a tweet response from someone I follow but don’t actually know.

“Are you at the 2:30 LMA?”

Me: “Yep, we can’t wait!.”

Mystery Tweeter (via Twitter DM at this point): I’m a tech on the show, would you like a backstage tour?

Me: Omg yes – thank you so much!

Mystery Tweeter: Meet me by the right hand ropes after the show. Glad I could share some magic with you!

I could not believe this – how amazing! All from a Foursquare checkin!! BF couldn’t believe it (the power of Twitter and Disney friends, as I explained to him, lol). We were extra pumped now!!

The show was great – BF just loved it, and afterward we headed down to the ropes. Before my Mystery Tweeter came by, we talked to one of the drivers for a bit:

IMG_4099.jpg

Then our new friend came over and I thanked him profusely again! He explained that he had to get approval from his manager, but that they are allowed to do it from time to time. I was just so incredibly grateful that he took the time out of his day (after working a hot show on a 90+ day!) to do something like this for us – total strangers!

We started our tour on the main stage. Let me tell you , it was HOT! As I mentioned, it was a 90+ day (although the heat usually gets to me, I really didn’t have problems this weekend, for some reason. I think it might actually be from the weight loss). On the main stage it’s all blacktop, so the heat just radiates. It is insanely hot down there.

My favorite factoid of the tour. See this awning that is to the left if you’re facing the stage?
IMG_4103.jpg

Notice the color of the awning. It’s yellow….or golden.

Any guesses why?

I’ll wait…

I’ll give you one more second…

Okay, I’ll tell you. It’s because that’s where the Golden Girls house was on the old Residential Street (how I miss thee!). Isn’t that a great little trivia nugget? I have all 7 seasons of the Golden Girls on DVD; it’s one of my favorite shows. Just loved that littie tidbit.

Mystery Tweeter (I told him I wouldn’t post his name when writing this TR so he doesn’t get a ton of tweets asking him for tours) offered to take our picture at the café:
IMG_4104.jpg

We made our way backstage and I love that this bike from the show is just randomly parked. Everything was so cool back there!
IMG_4110.jpg

Then we got to the specialty cars and – get this – my BF actually got to sit in them! This is the car that looks like it drives itself:
IMG_4118.jpg

Here are the villain cars parked and waiting for their next show (although they may be ones that need repairs…I can’t remember!):
IMG_4121.jpg

Check out the seats in these things (hero cars now):
IMG_4123.jpg

The coolest auto mechanic job out there would be in this garage, I imagine. It’s air conditioned – thankfully! We couldn’t go in for safety reasons but it looked really cool.
IMG_4124.jpg

A look under the hood of a villain car:
IMG_4132.jpg

Sitting in another hero car:
IMG_4138.jpg

He took a picture of the inside. All the switches and stuff in there are crazy!
IMG_4140.jpg

I think this is the car that drives backward:
IMG_4142.jpg

Yup, it is…and it’s not easy to get into, as you can see!
IMG_4148.jpg

Ah, there you go :)
IMG_4151.jpg

Another photo op for both of us (cause I was too chicken to climb in those cars!)

IMG_4154.jpg

The motorcycle goes up this ramp and blows out the windows:

IMG_4158.jpg

Okay, that’s the end of the backstage pictures (although I took a TON more, I don’t want to bore you guys!). Let me just say that we didn’t just walk backstage and look at this stuff. We were there for nearly an hour with Mystery Tweeter, and he explained EVERYTHING about each vehicle, how it works, what makes it unique, and its role in the show. He gave us so much detail that my head was spinning. It was incredible. Just incredible. We even got to drink official, free Disney water that the crew and drivers use..straight from their water cooler ;)

But seriously, this was the most magical thing possible, and we were so incredibly grateful for this once in a lifetime, magical experience. I would’ve paid $100 for that tour, there was so much incredible detail – and the opportunity to actually sit in the cars! Wow! Little did he know how much of a car guy my BF is – he was like a little boy, it was so exciting for him. Just an incredible surprise and such a magical addition to our trip. Thank you so much, Mystery Tweeter!

WDW_Princess24

How awesome that you got that tour! I too own all seasons of the Golden Girls, I can't get enough! I was so bummed when they removed it from the backlot tour, that's so cool they honor where it used to be!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom