Astro Orbiter refurbishment dates set for summer 2014

rct247

Was just wondering if anyone has a video of the planets spinning? I did a YouTube search but couldn't find anything.

This is the closest thing I found on YouTube. You can see that the planets on sticks spin and the larger planets are just rotating on their axis. The effect creates more kinetic energy to the land and add more "thrill" to the ride.

The smaller planets have been missing from around Christmas 2011.

boufa

Was sure hoping the seating would change. Spaceships are so small and it's rather awkward riding in somebody's lap. Even if you really like the person!;)

It should be noted that no one actually knows what if anything on this posters list is or is not going to be addressed. They may have fixed (though they were not broken so the proper word would be changed) the seating, they may not. This refurb, and all others are failures prior to the walls going up for many true Disney fans.

Personal advice, Don't get too caught up into any of these types of posts.

For me, personally, if the planets don't spin, I'm going to never go back to Disney World. They're just fools for not focusing on the stuff that matters (sarcasm)

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It should be noted that no one actually knows what if anything on this posters list is or is not going to be addressed. They may have fixed (though they were not broken so the proper word would be changed) the seating, they may not. This refurb, and all others are failures prior to the walls going up for many true Disney fans.

Personal advice, Don't get too caught up into any of these types of posts.

For me, personally, if the planets don't spin, I'm going to never go back to Disney World. Their just fools for not focusing on the stuff that matters (sarcasm)
Correct. My post is meant to be nothing more than a list of requests and an honest opinion of what I expect.

Also, in regards to your last sentence: *"They're". Sorry.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
AO testing, but stuck in place now. Here's a shot of the new color scheme for the rockets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 286

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom