Astro Orbiter refurbishment dates set for summer 2014

evnted

Yup, at MK today and planets are up and look a bit brighter than before
image.jpg

lnsemsf

Glad to see TDO finally getting at least one refurbishment done right without them half doing it!

If the planets don't spin once the ride is back open, will it then only be half done or does just adding them back in static form count as completed? I'm always curious to see what people expect out of a refurb.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
If the planets don't spin once the ride is back open, will it then only be half done or does just adding them back in static form count as completed? I'm always curious to see what people expect out of a refurb.
Reasons this refurb is half-@$$ed:
- No spinning planets
- Same small, awkward cars as before
- Exposed center carousel
- Same cloth seatbelts
- Same broken elevators (if you have a choice, take the one on the right. It's less likely to trap you in with 15 other people)
- Lack of interaction or innovation
- Ride is so loud while lowering that you can't here the CM's spiel
- Lack of proper signage to let ONE person SAFELY staff the ride area
- Lack of additional exit signs so guests exiting the ride know where to go
- Fixing the issue where the supports in the ground holding the whole thing up were quite literally pushing through the concrete.

Yes, much of this is speculative, but I'm confident that a healthy majority of these issues will remain unfixed.

Last edited:

jmmc

I think, as with any refurb, some people expect some fresh paint, and a little maintenance, while others expect a brand new renovated ride with new story elements, interactive displays and audio animatronics. :)

rct247

The crane is gone today according from my friends in Tomorrowland. Construction walls are still up around the elevators. The construction walls at the top are down though.

The planets have not spun since early 2011. There is a big concern that they will not spin when the attraction returns.

Mike S

The crane is gone today according from my friends in Tomorrowland. Construction walls are still up around the elevators. The construction walls at the top are down though.

The planets have not spun since early 2011. There is a big concern that they will not spin when the attraction returns.
Really? Feels longer. Were the smaller planets still there in 2011?

jt04

The planets look amazing but make the elevator look archaic. Replacing it with something new should be a priority on someone's list eventually. It just does not work with the newest new retro-Tomorrowland restoration refurb.

In my opinion. o_O

Rinx

Was at MK today and while on TTA got a peak of some of the rockets. The body of the rockets are a shiny teal shade with gold fins and a little bit of red in there as well. Sorry, no pics to share. As for the size of the rockets, I don't usually ride the attraction but I'd say from what I see they are about the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom