Astro Orbiter refurbishment dates set for summer 2014

Rob562

my guess is they are doing a complete rebuild of the ride and they found something they did not like during the teardown (stress crack perhaps) so they had to order/manufacture a replacement part which they did not originally plan for.

Didn't I hear that they were planning on replacing one of the rockets with a wheelchair-accessible one? Doing so would require the ride system to be able to park the rockets in exactly the same place each time. Not surprised that would require a complete re-build.

-Rob

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Has anyone heard if the rockets will have speakers/interactive buttons?
Or if the rocket's "thruster" will now be LED lighted?

Last edited:

rct247

Didn't I hear that they were planning on replacing one of the rockets with a wheelchair-accessible one? Doing so would require the ride system to be able to park the rockets in exactly the same place each time. Not surprised that would require a complete re-build.

-Rob

This is one of their goals... at least to get it to stop in the same place each time. We'll see if they accomplish that.

kbmb

Can anyone confirm if the TTA is running?

Waiting to hear official word that someone has been on it.

Based on this thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tta-refurbishment-on-schedule.885093/page-15

It was running last night (no riders) as they prepared for it to open today.

The official app shows it being Temporarily Closed as opposed to Closed for Refurbishment.
Guessing it's going to take a bit to get things up and running, but so far looks like it will be open soon.

-Kevin

rct247

All the planets are back now, but time will tell if they will ever spin again or not. Lots of rumors saying they won't due a variety of things. The planets are nice and shiny. The metal mesh has also returned to the elevator shafts. I was disappointed to see that the mesh didn't look painted. The rest is look really good.

Disneynola

I heard yesterday from a worker on people mover that astro orbitor is a brand new ride. They rebuilt it from the ground up. Since they did that, it has to be Ada compatible.
The TPM refurb got canned because they could not make it Ada compliant.

ToTBellHop

I heard yesterday from a worker on people mover that astro orbitor is a brand new ride. They rebuilt it from the ground up. Since they did that, it has to be Ada compatible.
The TPM refurb got canned because they could not make it Ada compliant.
What is a TPM? I didn't get that memo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom