Assistance needed- split trip

njBadLands

Original Poster
Taking wife and four year old son on a six night trip in April. Last three nights we will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time. My son loves animals so I can't wait. Typically stay at WL or Pop. The first three days of trip we will be at MK and Epcot almost exclusively.

Trying to figure out where to stay these first three nights. Originally wanted to stay POP for comfort level and used to it (never a bad experience) but was sold out. Booked ASM for $350 just as a placeholder. Potentially can stay there if can't make decision. Trying to keep cost within reason since spent a lot on tickets and AKL but also realize probably won't be back for a couple years. Wanted suggestions as to:

1) keep ASM at $350
2) AoA little mermaid room for $550
3) Caribbean Beach for $600
4) Old Key West $687

Concerns are have read mixed reviews on OKW. My wife not very thrilled with sharing a bus at ASM. Leaning towards AoA but wondering if the older moderate is better with CB. It's a good problem to have but everyday my wife is asking me to make a decision. Thoughts?

HollyAD

Well I see pros and cons to all of your possibilities. Since it's only three days you could stick with ASM and save a lot of money. The bus situation isn't the greatest but you have a few hundred dollars to spend on other parts of the vacation. I have stayed at all the all stars and survived with few issues. My last all star was movies and it was cute and my son enjoyed it. We were only there one night. AoA is a great resort with a great main pool. The little mermaid rooms are far away from the buses/ main area so be prepared to walk. CB is not a bad resort but it is spread out with multiple bus stops. Personally I would enjoy the luxury of AKL for three nights and save money with ASM for the rest. If you are doing the parks the first few days while you are at ASM you won't be spending much time at the resort anyway. Just plan for the potential crowded bus situation.

patch553

AoA is a great choice,we haven't a bad word to say about the place,of youre choices it certainly wont dissapoint

ekutchey

Not to throw another choice in the mix and based on what you said you probably have already checked. But have you checked prices at WL? I only ask because with the construction the prices are lower right now than normal. Just a thought if you have not looked into it.

njBadLands

Original Poster
Not to throw another choice in the mix and based on what you said you probably have already checked. But have you checked prices at WL? I only ask because with the construction the prices are lower right now than normal. Just a thought if you have not looked into it.
I actually did check WL and its 100 more a night than AKL. I was shocked by that. I'd more likely do full 5 at AKL.

ekutchey

Sorry to hear that. April takes to be a high price month with all the festivals and Spring break so unfortunately prices are higher across the world. But I am sure you will have a fantastic time!

slappy magoo

Have you thought about trying to rent DVC points for the full 6 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Renting for 3 nights won't really save you any money, but for the full 6, it might be worth your while, depending on what the cost is for those 3 nights you're paying to stay at AKL. 6 nights would probably run you a grand even, no tax. You'll still be able to use Magical Express, and depending on where you rent the points you could get help getting on the Dining Plan. Looks like you might be paying that much now just for the 3 night stay.

dreamfinder

I'd do ASM. Unless you are going back and forth multiple times during the day, it's not that much of an inconvenience. And even if they do stop at all the resorts, it's no worse than the multiple bus stops at CBR or OKW.

njBadLands

Original Poster
Thanks for all the opinions! I actually just found out that I got a big promotion at work so we decided to go all out (as this will
Be last vaca for a bit) and book three days at Contemporary to go with the AKL. Very excited to walk to MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom