As anchor drops

loveofamouse

Original Poster
My husband was asked a trivia question no one could answer.

What song does Disney crew members sing when they are ready to drop anchor?

Tonka's Skipper

I never heard of the CM's singing a song........The round tackle(anchoring gear) is cleared and the anchor usually walked out(hanging clear of the hawse pipe) somewhat, well before entering or nearing an anchorage or channel. The dropping of the anchor, once the command is given in a matter of seconds.

Add to that since the ground tackle is under deck, none of the passengers could hear a song.

I think someone was putting your husband on.

AKK

MaryJaneP

One outrageous answer would be that they sing some random pop song like Miley Cyrus's "Party in the U.S.A." but we gotta agree with Tonka that it would be near impossible to hear, hard to enforce among a rotating crew, and given the multiple nationalities of the crew, maybe not even in English. Our thought is the crew is focusing on the task at hand and are not performers. We would be interested to hear what "the answer" was/is.

KeithVH

This was a hidden video taken on a cruise last year. Should answer the question.

And before anyone thinks this isn't Disney, research it.

ChuckElias

And before anyone thinks this isn't Disney, research it.
I suppose it's possible that this clip was recorded on a Disney cruise, but it isn't a Disney-produced cartoon, if that's what you meant. It's a Loonie Toons cartoon, which were made by Warner Bros.

Wikipedia makes no mention at all of Disney: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_the_Sailor

And from IMDB.com:

Production Companies
Distributors

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom