Article: The Priciest Theme Park Tickets Around the Globe

21stamps

When are you visiting? 80% of the year express pass isn't necessary at all. Even on busy days I'm able to do everything without it.

I'm just curious how you do parks...and it sounds to me like you probably stay at Disney resorts, which makes visiting their parks easier.
The particular trip that I was referring to was Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday) ending on 12/4. I really wanted to go to Universal for Grinchmas and the Macy's Parade, but it didn't start until 12/3...crowds were predicted to be very high that day, the Express pass would be mandatory for me and high crowds. I have a WDW AP this year, and my kid had a 6 day park pass...that factored in. Also there was just so much to do at our resort and around Disney with their Christmas events, that I just couldn't see losing a day. Combine all of that with a kid who just hit 48" last summer, but loves roller coasters and complains when he's not tall enough, as well as a high price on top of it all- Pass.
I'd rather go back when we have 3 nights to stay at a Universal hotel, and either when he hits the next height requirement, or when Volcano Bay opens. For me, there's no point in doing IoA or Uni without a park to park now that the train is open, and I'd like the ability to go to HP early, and have an express pass.

GenerationX

It's amazing that the non-US Disney parks should be so much cheaper than the American ones.

I think Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong might be more expensive in pretty much every regard - wages, electricity, taxes. Yet the US parks add 50% to the price of these three foreign parks.
Maybe some of this is due to the exchange rate. The U.S. Dollar has risen significantly in value the last couple of years.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It doesn't make sense to add the express pass to that price because it gets you onto every single ride. FP+ gives you 3 guaranteed attractions and whatever is leftover that day after that. If adding an extra $100 to the ticket price is "more comparable" to you then I don't know what to say.

Of course adding express pass doesn't make sense. It's a front of the line access pass, how can that be compared to FP which is, in fact, only a virtual place in line?

I can only assume that since this page is missing A LOT of posts, that, what's her face is arguing/trip reporting. Good times.

For what it's worth, I actually think Disney tickets, while more expensive, represent a better value then Universal. That's a personal opinion though, and not really relevant to the discussion of what tickets are most expensive.

Patcheslee

The Kings island ticket prive is the PRE-SEASON price, not the normal price if you wait until they are open for the year. Thats more around $64.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The particular trip that I was referring to was Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday) ending on 12/4. I really wanted to go to Universal for Grinchmas and the Macy's Parade, but it didn't start until 12/3...crowds were predicted to be very high that day, the Express pass would be mandatory for me and high crowds. I have a WDW AP this year, and my kid had a 6 day park pass...that factored in. Also there was just so much to do at our resort and around Disney with their Christmas events, that I just couldn't see losing a day. Combine all of that with a kid who just hit 48" last summer, but loves roller coasters and complains when he's not tall enough, as well as a high price on top of it all- Pass.
I'd rather go back when we have 3 nights to stay at a Universal hotel, and either when he hits the next height requirement, or when Volcano Bay opens. For me, there's no point in doing IoA or Uni without a park to park now that the train is open, and I'd like the ability to go to HP early, and have an express pass.

Grinchmas is an awesome show, in my opinion a must see. That plus a love of roller coasters makes Islands and Universal sound like a natural fit. Free on-site express is worth its weight in gold in my opinion. It's all that FP+ could have been, and more because you don't have to mess with an app and hope (slash pray) that what you want to ride is available. :)

OliveMcFly

Dorney Park is in my backyard. It was my first job in my teen years. I have NEVER thought "let's go to Dorney instead of Disney" :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom