1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Article: The Priciest Theme Park Tickets Around the Globe

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Siren, Jan 28, 2017.

1. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

The particular trip that I was referring to was Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday) ending on 12/4. I really wanted to go to Universal for Grinchmas and the Macy's Parade, but it didn't start until 12/3...crowds were predicted to be very high that day, the Express pass would be mandatory for me and high crowds. I have a WDW AP this year, and my kid had a 6 day park pass...that factored in. Also there was just so much to do at our resort and around Disney with their Christmas events, that I just couldn't see losing a day. Combine all of that with a kid who just hit 48" last summer, but loves roller coasters and complains when he's not tall enough, as well as a high price on top of it all- Pass.
    I'd rather go back when we have 3 nights to stay at a Universal hotel, and either when he hits the next height requirement, or when Volcano Bay opens. For me, there's no point in doing IoA or Uni without a park to park now that the train is open, and I'd like the ability to go to HP early, and have an express pass.

2. GenerationX

GenerationX Well-Known Member

Maybe some of this is due to the exchange rate. The U.S. Dollar has risen significantly in value the last couple of years.

The Empress Lilly likes this.
  3. xdan0920

xdan0920 Think for yourselfer Premium Member

Of course adding express pass doesn't make sense. It's a front of the line access pass, how can that be compared to FP which is, in fact, only a virtual place in line?

I can only assume that since this page is missing A LOT of posts, that, what's her face is arguing/trip reporting. Good times.

For what it's worth, I actually think Disney tickets, while more expensive, represent a better value then Universal. That's a personal opinion though, and not really relevant to the discussion of what tickets are most expensive.

RustySpork, Luxe and drizgirl like this.
  4. Patcheslee

Patcheslee Active Member

The Kings island ticket prive is the PRE-SEASON price, not the normal price if you wait until they are open for the year. Thats more around $64.

21stamps likes this.
  5. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

Grinchmas is an awesome show, in my opinion a must see. That plus a love of roller coasters makes Islands and Universal sound like a natural fit. Free on-site express is worth its weight in gold in my opinion. It's all that FP+ could have been, and more because you don't have to mess with an app and hope (slash pray) that what you want to ride is available. :)

6. OliveMcFly

OliveMcFly Well-Known Member

Dorney Park is in my backyard. It was my first job in my teen years. I have NEVER thought "let's go to Dorney instead of Disney" :hilarious: