Art of Animation Rates

barkerbird

Original Poster
Why is it so expensive to stay at this resort? I remember it was marketed as the next value resort. I've never seen the price below $250 a night. They only put aside suites for the military as well, discounted to the price of a standard room. Those are constantly booked as well, and it's near impossible to stay here. Is anyone else as miffed as I am about this?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Little mermaid (single rooms) are not that much.

The idea all suites are set aside is not true

The price should be compared with two all star rooms... that's what it was targeting to improve upon (in terms of target need... it's not cheaper)

What are you actually trying to book?

DisneyDreamer08

Even though they are in the "value" category, the Cars, Nemo & Lion King rooms are suites, meaning two rooms put together. So hence the much higher price tag. The Little Mermaid rooms are standard size (non suites) and are more of a value price. However they are insanely popular so they are always excluded from any deals or special offers.

Dana223

I am traveling to Disney in August with a party of 6. When comparing the price of 2 rooms at All-Star Sport to a family suite at AoA it is a $600 difference. We decided to stick with All-Star for the pros of everyone having a bed and having to make price cuts somewhere even though I want to experience the environment of AoA.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am traveling to Disney in August with a party of 6. When comparing the price of 2 rooms at All-Star Sport to a family suite at AoA it is a $600 difference. We decided to stick with All-Star for the pros of everyone having a bed and having to make price cuts somewhere even though I want to experience the environment of AoA.

Seems like an extreme example. Looking right now, all star rooms are quoting at 117/night for md august while aoa is quoting at 302/night. Both these are with the summer room offer. So that is roughly 65/night delta.

Pretty consistent with history. At aoa you are getting an updated decor, connecting rooms guaranteed, but less bathrooms and different beds.

But I agree, the price delta is arguably not worth it.

Dana223

Seems like an extreme example. Looking right now, all star rooms are quoting at 117/night for md august while aoa is quoting at 302/night. Both these are with the summer room offer. So that is roughly 65/night delta.

Pretty consistent with history. At aoa you are getting an updated decor, connecting rooms guaranteed, but less bathrooms and different beds.

But I agree, the price delta is arguably not worth it.

5 day park hopper, 5 nights, dining plan: $82 difference between the two...so I guess a bit of an exaggeration but I rounded up! :)

daisyduckie

The problem with going the 2 room route is connecting rooms are not guaranteed. You may end up apart.

BigRedDad

Honestly, because people visiting are willing to overpay for everything. I have a very strong feeling Disney has a 10-year plan to turn the entire property into an exclusive access. What I mean is that they will have onsite resort size to put all parks to capacity. They will require onsite resort stays for park access. Restrict outside access until later in the day. They have EMH now. They will make EMH resort guest access and say 10AM, if not at capacity, allow outside guests to enter.

Disney has some odd 30k resort rooms. They are building new towers at CSR and CBR. They are going to expand DVC to moderate resorts. They will be able to populate their parks with resort guests only and then you will see Value resort rooms at $300/night.

deeevo

Honestly, because people visiting are willing to overpay for everything. I have a very strong feeling Disney has a 10-year plan to turn the entire property into an exclusive access. What I mean is that they will have onsite resort size to put all parks to capacity. They will require onsite resort stays for park access. Restrict outside access until later in the day. They have EMH now. They will make EMH resort guest access and say 10AM, if not at capacity, allow outside guests to enter.

Disney has some odd 30k resort rooms. They are building new towers at CSR and CBR. They are going to expand DVC to moderate resorts. They will be able to populate their parks with resort guests only and then you will see Value resort rooms at $300/night.
I think this is a little extreme. The people that can afford a $300 night room will not pay that to stay in Value accommodations.

correcaminos

I think this is a little extreme. The people that can afford a $300 night room will not pay that to stay in Value accommodations.
Even if they add a gondola and then change it from "value" to another level? I think this is more likely than shutting people out until 10am unless staying onsite.

Doug Means

well, I've had 3 trips with 12 people in total. we stayed at the all-start sport, and the AoA twice. from my experience the AoA was worth the extra cost to be all together in the sweets. the extra bonus of the theming, newness, big pool, and sleeping arrangements of the AoA made it great. Im not saying the sports trip wasn't good but we were all spread out and logistically was harder on the few parents there. everything was just so much smoother for us at the AoA. enough so, that when i went back with a group of 6 we paid the extra for the AoA. from now on we will stay there with 5 or more but somewhere else with 4 or less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom