Art of Animation - Cars Suite Room Requests

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
For this upcoming trip in January (click here for the details) we will be staying in a Cars Suite at Art of Animation. We've never stayed at AoA but on our last trip stayed at Pop so we could hop across the bridge and walk the property a bit (which sold us on staying there whenever we went again).

Today was our 60-day mark so I was able to check-in online. Typically I know what special room requests to chose because I'm more familiar with the resort but this time around I wasn't sure. My question is this... when it comes to AoA, and maybe specifically the Cars buildings, what are your opinions on location? Is bottom floor or top floor better (knowing the rooms have entry inside vs. outside like the other values)?

Figaro928

We stayed in the Cars suites our last vacation. We stayed in the Mater wing - which was the closest to the main building. we were on the third floor.

If we could do it all over again, I would request the Mater Building again, but request a 1st floor room. There were only two elevators and either they seemed to take forever or would be full with a double stroller or two. All in all i think once inside your room, they did a good job of keeping the sound out.

The Lightning Mcqueen wings were behind the pool and seemed much further back.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
We stayed in the Cars suites our last vacation. We stayed in the Mater wing - which was the closest to the main building. we were on the third floor.

If we could do it all over again, I would request the Mater Building again, but request a 1st floor room. There were only two elevators and either they seemed to take forever or would be full with a double stroller or two. All in all i think once inside your room, they did a good job of keeping the sound out.

The Lightning Mcqueen wings were behind the pool and seemed much further back.
Thanks for that! I requested a Lake View room (because when we stayed at Pop we loved looking out our window toward AoA so why not in reverse lol). Do you know which wing that is?

Figaro928

Thanks for that! I requested a Lake View room (because when we stayed at Pop we loved looking out our window toward AoA so why not in reverse lol). Do you know which wing that is?

I'm 90% sure those would be the Luigi wings. Definitely not the Mater wing (we overlooked the parking lot) A lake view room may also include one wing on the Lightning McQueen section as well. All in all, I don't think you can't go wrong with the car's section. The theming is amazing and the walking distance to the main hall isn't that bad.

The walking trail by the lake is AWESOME. So peaceful with great movie facts and tidbits.

Figaro928

Also - we has a stroller with us so we had to use the elevator each time - but there are staircases on the outside of each wing (just like in POP) so without a stroller, the elevators really shouldn't be a huge concern.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I'm 90% sure those would be the Luigi wings. Definitely not the Mater wing (we overlooked the parking lot) A lake view room may also include one wing on the Lightning McQueen section as well. All in all, I don't think you can't go wrong with the car's section. The theming is amazing and the walking distance to the main hall isn't that bad.
Thanks for sharing that! The one thing we've never been overly concerned with was our proximity to the main hall or transportation. We enjoy walking around the property and taking it all in so if we have a little trek to get there it's not a big deal.
catfury said:
The walking trail by the lake is AWESOME. So peaceful with great movie facts and tidbits.
Yes we did the walking trail by the lake, very neat experience, especially during a time of day the resort is relatively quiet.
catfury said:
Also - we has a stroller with us so we had to use the elevator each time - but there are staircases on the outside of each wing (just like in POP) so without a stroller, the elevators really shouldn't be a huge concern.
Excellent point, we no longer travel with a stroller so stairs are fine. In fact when we stay at Pop etc. we always take the stairs, even if we're on the top floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom