Arrival Day at your Resort.....

TXDisney

We always do the 1st flight out in the morning. So we land in Orlando around 9:30am. We do a mix of trips. When we stay onsite we take MDE to the resort and more times then not our room is ready. Normally we stay at Boardwalk, BC, YC or swan, so we do epcot arrival day. If we were to stay around bay lake we'd do MK probavly arrival day. When we stay offsite we always do universal arrival day bc the timeshare doesn't let u check in early and we have a rental car.

zurgandfriend

We usually get in noon-ish as well, after check-in and dropping off our carry on bags we head right to the Magic Kingdom. Up Main Street, pay homage to Walt at the partners statue then right to the Haunted Mansion. After that maybe a snack then flip a coin do we work our way to Adventure land or Tomorrow land.

Dog Ate Mouse

We always arrive the day before our package begins and stay in a room overnight and 99% of the time stay in this room for our package. We unpack the car and then take the luggage up to the room. Then we go for a swim then take a quick shower and then off to DTD to get a meal and walk around. This is how we love to spend our first night and let the excitement for the first day of our package to begin. For us this is a tradition that we really love that always gets us in the mood of the Mouse.

allgiggles

We drive (split over 2 days) so we typically arrive around 12-1:00 p.m. Because we didn't by tickets for every day of our stay and didn't want to "waste" a day of admission when we could only spend about 6 hours in a park, we used to check in, grab a late lunch at the resort, do some unpacking, and then head to DTD for a few hours. Then we'd head back to the resort for swimming and unpacking or we would take a bus to one of the monorail resorts and ride both loops on the monorail before heading back to the resort.

However, once we actually paid attention to ticket pricing and realized that adding an extra day to our tickets was really only a few dollars per person (at that time I think it was less than $8) we started buying tickets for every day of our stay. Now we check in at the resort (we've always been lucky and our room has been ready), grab a quick lunch at the resort, and then head to Epcot for several hours. We usually head back to the resort by 8:00 for unpacking and/or swimming.

Matt_Black

In 2013, we got in, did mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens, and then hit DTD for some shopping and dinner at Cookes of Dublin.

2012, we arrived very late; between the lateness of the flight and trying to find the then-new Art of Animation resort in the dark, we didn't get checked in until well after 1am.

TB4244

We arrive late afternoon after battling through immigration and the rental car desk. We check in, get to the room and get settled until early evening then we jump on the boat from POR to Downtown Disney for an evening meal and a browse of the stores for as long as we can manage to stay awake, because of the time difference.

DisneyPrincess5

No matter when we arrive, our first day us always a relax, recoup, and recover day. We stroll our resort, eat, go grocery shopping, shower, and settle into the room. Then we start fresh the next day, bright and early at a park!

WDW!

Once we check in we go to DTD to walk around & unwind from traveling. Next is to hang out at pool, have dinner, & get ready for MK 1st thing next morning.

disneyfirstLJ

Last year (our first trip) we arrived at the resort, dropped off our carry on, changed our clothes and headed to the Magic Kingdom. We were so tired that right after our ADR at Crystal Palace we went back to the resort to crash.
We are switching it up for our trip in April. We do not have park tickets for our travel day. We plan on checking into the resort, hopefully our room will be ready and we can get settled in. Then we plan on going for a swim, relaxing, going to DTD for dinner/shopping and then getting a good nights rest.

sophie_the_pooh

We usually arrive in early afternoon, have a quick lunch at the resort, and head to DTD for shopping and early dinner. This time,with our then 4 year old son, we'll be trying something different, we'll rest at the resort and head to MK in late afternoon for a couple of attractions and (hopefully!) dinner at BoG to celebrate my birthday!

jonabyte

We usually drive so we arrive mid to late afternoon. Most of the time we go to DTD and start with a sandwich from Earl's then go back for a swim.

SDisney90

We take the first flight out and arrive by 11-11:30am. We head to our resort and luckily the rooms have been ready our last two trips. We go inside take a look around (bags aren't there yet) the room and just relax the rest of the day, we never go to the parks on our first day. My girlfriend and I enjoy going to T-Rex (she loves the bronto burger or whatever its called) and basically its a tradition now for us to go there right after check-in. We hang around DTD for a bit and go to a few stores. After that we do some resort hopping (zebra domes, mmmm) and enjoy being in our Disney World bubble..and end the night with a nice dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

boopuff

Always take the first flight out and we're on the ground by noon. For my family we usually like to start with EPCOT. I usually make dining reservations somewhere there for the first night (and usually EPCOT is open later). BUT! if we are on a monorail resort we'll start at MK.

HollyAD

We usually relax, explore, then get ready and have a nice dinner somewhere fun. On our past trip we went to Ranglan Road and loved it. Then we rest up for the parks starting bright and early the next day.

skimbob

I take a read eye out of Sacramento and arrive at 5:45 the next morning. I go to my room and sleep for a couple of hours before heading over to packet pickup and then off to MK and then back for a nap before heading to Epcot for the evening.

Hawkeyegirl

Since we fly and could have delays I don't like to use a park day. Our last trip we had a late dinner at Chef Mickeys booked. It really got us ready for the trip!

JohnD

I usually end up in MK at some point on my check-in day. My plan right now on my check in day of May 12 is to head to MK for a few hours, leave the park and have dinner at Kona Café, then return to MK for the night activities (MSEP, CTM, Wishes).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom