Arrival Day at your Resort.....

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
We are going on our Honeymoon this Nov. we are staying at AKL. We are taking the first plane we can get out of philly! Our plan is to take some time and tour the resort may be eat something depending on how we feel... way to far out to plan all the little details, however I do know that being so early my fiancee will want a nap! A little before dinner we plan on taking a Bus to EPCOT then the Monorail to Magic Kingdom for dinner and DOLE WHIP!!!

I have done simular things before, tour the resort and relax a little from the flight. Then its first bus to a park to get whats left of the day in! This time however we are going to relax and just enjoy it a little more :)

The Mighty Tim

Next time, my brother and I are aiming to break our Plane-to-Pirates time - that is the time it takes from getting off the plane to getting on the POTC ride. We managed it in just under 2.5 hours last time; our starting point being All Star Sports. This time also included freshening up and getting changed. We were aided by the fact that when we went for the bus, there was a bus to MK ready to go. Not bad for a flight from London!

We're looking at amending the Plane-to-Pirates rule in case of either a) the POTC ride is unavailable or b) we decide to go to another park first instead. So we need to find another ride/attraction in each of the parks that is around the same distance from the entrance that POTC is from the entrance to MK. Any ideas?

Scott10

We always arrive around 11:00, get checked in, if lucky and room is ready, go unpack and get settled. The list of things to do then involves browsing at the resort gift shop, hitting up DTD for kids to scope out what they may want to burn that Disney cash on that they have been saving since last trip, and then jump in the resort pool to relax and get ready for our first full day on property the next day at the Magic Kingdom!

Pluto15

Original Poster
Next time, my brother and I are aiming to break our Plane-to-Pirates time - that is the time it takes from getting off the plane to getting on the POTC ride. We managed it in just under 2.5 hours last time; our starting point being All Star Sports. This time also included freshening up and getting changed. We were aided by the fact that when we went for the bus, there was a bus to MK ready to go. Not bad for a flight from London!

We're looking at amending the Plane-to-Pirates rule in case of either a) the POTC ride is unavailable or b) we decide to go to another park first instead. So we need to find another ride/attraction in each of the parks that is around the same distance from the entrance that POTC is from the entrance to MK. Any ideas?

Sounds fun! Is it the time from resort to the ride or airport to the ride?

PHS79

Our last trip in 2013 we got to AoA around 230pm, we went to DTD to do a little shopping and then also grabbed a bite to eat there. Our next trip, in 12 days, our flight doesn't get in to MCO until 630pm so we won't be to CBR until 730 or 8pm. Since it will be so late we are just going to walk around the resort and check it out, but the next day we have 730 am ADRs for Chef Mickeys and will be at MK for 9am rope drop.

sgtmgd

We actually take the earliest flight we can out so that we can spend the day at the park. For this trip we are flying at 650am. We have taken this flight before and we are usually at our park of choice by 11am the latest. :) We are hitting Epcot first this time around, but typically its MK.
Also what we do, were there just a couple weeks ago landed at MCO at 9am, at the Boardwalk by 10, room was ready as it usually is that early, we dropped off our carry ons and headed to MK to just take it in, I had a couple fast pass plus booked so we used them and headed back to the resort area early for a fantastic meal at the Yachtsman

KDiS88

We arrive at our resort around noon or 1:00, our room usually isn't ready until around 3 so we go to the shops at the resort and see what new merchandise they have and get a frozen cappuccino at the Contempo Grounds, then when they tell us our room is ready we go up rest for a little bit then freshen up and head to Magic Kingdom to ride PotC! The first day is my absolute favorite!!

The Mighty Tim

Sounds fun! Is it the time from resort to the ride or airport to the ride?

It's the time from the moment the seatbelt lights go out on the plane upon arrival at the gate to boarding the ride vehicle.

We weren't intending to do the Plane-to-Pirates time thing last time, but we were so impressed with our speed through everything that whilst we were in line for POTC, I remarked to my brother that only 2.5 hours before we were disembarking the plane. So, I didn't get an accurate timing, but it was close enough.

Fizban

We drive and usually arrive around 2:eek:opm. Room check in, unpack, head to the pool bar for a Pina Colava for her and a margarita for me then straight over to DTD for shopping, dinner at Raglan, and people watching.

S. Paridon

We normally fly in, get to the resort around 2ish, check in and have a drink while the kids play at the playground at WL. This time we will be driving and arriving around 4pm, barring bad traffic, so Dad will be pooped out after the ten hour drive. I see a cold beer and a nap in my immediate future before dinner at Whispering Canyon. First day at the park is always the day after arrival.

Plowboy

For we west coasters it's kind of a moot point as our flights typically land anywhere from 4:30 - 7:00 p.m. so by the time we get on property it can be anywhere from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. If we arrive early enough we try to go to dinner, stroll the Boardwalk and then hit the sack after a verrrry long day.

Skibum1970

Typically, we land around 10:00, Magical Express typically doesn't arrive at the resort until 11:00 or a little later. Then, we check in and visit the room if it is available. If it isn't, we'll grab some lunch and rest for a spell. DW likes to land and adjust and enjoy some relaxation. She likes to sit outside and catch some Vitamin D. I'll walk around the resort (especially WL or PORS) and unwind. Finally, around 2:00 or so, she'll cave in to my ever increasing fidgeting and we'll go to the Magic Kingdom. For us, it is the best way to kick things off. Walk under the train and enjoy the view of Main Street. The music and sights seem to wash away all travel fatigue and work stress.

Mista C

We always arrive on a Sunday, around 2 or 3. We check in at POFQ, head to our room, immediately turn on the tv to the Disney parks channel, and unpack and set things up. Then we hop on the boat and head to DTD. Walk around for a bit, dinner at T-Rex, then dessert at Ghiradelli's. Back to our room by about 8 or 9 for an early bed time. Then, 8 am Monday morning, it's Magic Kingdom time.

DisneyJunkie

Arrival Day.....usually consists of this: Arriving at the resort, either via Magical Express or our own vehicle. We empty the car of our luggage and bring carry it inside the lobby while I go to the front desk and get us all checked in. After we get our room # and welcome packet, we head up there, get the luggage situated, then head over to the Magic Kingdom. We get on whatever we can in the time that's left, maybe have a meal at Cosmic Ray's, do another ride or two, and by that time it's nearing closing time so we start heading back to the resort for a night's rest.

Foolish Mortal

dump carry on bags, check out WDW Today channel for a few minutes to find out whats going on (and get that months safety tip) and then almost always off to MK. Usually spend no more than 20 minutes at room.

WDW 3

We try to arrive around12:30. Room is generally not ready so we check in, change clothes in a bathroom, check our bags with the bellmen and head to a park and lunch. We don't have a usual park. Last time it was EPCOT for the Candle Light Processional.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom