Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@englanddg - I love that you included the Muppets and made a Muppet area out of this! I would have never thought out anything close to that. It's a brilliant idea really, it is. It just seems to fit right. Hey, later they could even Mix up the Mad T Party (Like the changed Electronica) to a Muppet Style to keep if around if they'd like.

The pre show sounds similar to Muppet-Vision. And I'm not sure how I feel about an enclosed vehicle (I may be wrong, that's how it looked in the picture).

I can't critique anymore because you fused the Muppets perfectly with Superstar Limo. It was just awesome! Great job!

@Voxel - I like the new ride system and how it's specific to DCA. I grew up going to Cedar Point as a kid, so this was interesting to see.

The backdrop idea was perfect! I had an issue with this on my previous trip to DLR where you see the other side of Carsland, It just kinda made me sad that Disney didn't theme it at all, just a big structure.

I really enjoy the queue, it really makes guests rethink the attraction from cheesy to something else when you hear "Superstar Limo". Adding Hollywood and Vine to the mix just brought it together more!

One big problem though. It seems with the space you took, you demolished Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular. Which is kind of a protected show at DCA. They we're going to replace it with the Toy Story Musical from the cruise ships once, but with so many negative comments about it leaving, it stayed. If you say your taking Aladdin away for Superstar Limo to DLR, that may not go over well, at all.

Overrall, Nice mix on the ride by adding the new technology, it really made it come together for me! But, I'm still concerned about loosing Aladdin.

@danjen2331 - I like the new approach you took to Superstar Limo! It fits well with the area. It seemed like you brought an old, educational film to life. With that, it didn't really give a wow factor. The guests seemed like they weren't along for the ride, just being told whats happening right in front of them.

Overrall, I love the theme and the idea, I just feel that the execution could have been better.

@jdmdisney99 - I'm not going to lie, I was thinking this past week about how in the world you'd fix that area at DCA, it just doesn't flow well. It's such a mess, Muppets, Monsters Inc, The Disney Dance Party thing, and then the Mad T Party at night. It's so hard to do a good re-theme, but I think you did! I don't know how I feel about getting rid of the Muppets though.

The ride itself was good! I like what you added technology wise and what you did storyline wise. It just didn't wow me, though. It felt like it needed a bit more of a storyline or characters, like something was missing from the recipe.

Overall, great job on Hollywoodland! But the ride sort of fell flat for me.

@Zweiland - Doing something like the Great Movie ride was definitely a great solution! I think it brings something different to the area.

I'm a little worried about the pre show audio-anametronics though, that's a bunch just for applause, I could see a film make a bit more sense though.

Overrall, great idea bringing something like that to DCA, but the pre show may have been a bit over the top.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Adding the Muppets with nods to the original made you win Challenge 2 @englanddg . It was fantastic! Moving right along with an Advantage and a New Challenge!

tumblr_mdqd1cwpkM1qcga5ro1_500.gif

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 3

Under New Management!

midy.jpg

Welcome to Shanghai Disneyland contestants!

TikiRoom.JPG

There's something about the Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room that just screams Disney Parks, isn't there? Well guess what…. We're bringing it to Shanghai! Just not as you think…

I don't want any… I mean any Tiki's in this Tiki Room … Or the classic four birds that we know so well….

You guys have to do a show with singing birds, plants, and whatever other magic you can bring together for a musical show!

Same elements as the regular old tiki room. Most of the show should be suspended above you. Show be similar to a musical show, nothing to crazy. Guests must stay in stable seats, no Philharmagic elements here people. Just a nice rif on a classic. Hopefully with some new technology or a pre-show, but not required.

Since we don't know much about "Main Street" and "Tomorrowland" or even "Frontierland" there, you guys are allowed to use 2 lands for you new attraction, Fantasyland or Adventureland. Pick one and build your theme from there!

You can use different known disney characters from disney movies, if you wish.

It's Monday, and well Monday's are a pain. So I'll help you guys out a tiny bit with some pictures to get some ideas. Seriously, these are just ideas, use what you want!

82fba5b1.jpg

Be_Our_Guest.png

Cant-Wait-To-Be-King-10.jpg

Contestants, I need a fresh take on a Disney Park classic before the clock strikes 12!

Now, on another note, I'm going to see if this can add something for this competition...

The Winner of Challenge 3 will receive the advantage of points. Yes, 3 nice points!

Good Luck!

Zweiland

Critiques

@englanddg - I love that you included the Muppets and made a Muppet area out of this! I would have never thought out anything close to that. It's a brilliant idea really, it is. It just seems to fit right. Hey, later they could even Mix up the Mad T Party (Like the changed Electronica) to a Muppet Style to keep if around if they'd like.

The pre show sounds similar to Muppet-Vision. And I'm not sure how I feel about an enclosed vehicle (I may be wrong, that's how it looked in the picture).

I can't critique anymore because you fused the Muppets perfectly with Superstar Limo. It was just awesome! Great job!

@Voxel - I like the new ride system and how it's specific to DCA. I grew up going to Cedar Point as a kid, so this was interesting to see.

The backdrop idea was perfect! I had an issue with this on my previous trip to DLR where you see the other side of Carsland, It just kinda made me sad that Disney didn't theme it at all, just a big structure.

I really enjoy the queue, it really makes guests rethink the attraction from cheesy to something else when you hear "Superstar Limo". Adding Hollywood and Vine to the mix just brought it together more!

One big problem though. It seems with the space you took, you demolished Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular. Which is kind of a protected show at DCA. They we're going to replace it with the Toy Story Musical from the cruise ships once, but with so many negative comments about it leaving, it stayed. If you say your taking Aladdin away for Superstar Limo to DLR, that may not go over well, at all.

Overrall, Nice mix on the ride by adding the new technology, it really made it come together for me! But, I'm still concerned about loosing Aladdin.

@danjen2331 - I like the new approach you took to Superstar Limo! It fits well with the area. It seemed like you brought an old, educational film to life. With that, it didn't really give a wow factor. The guests seemed like they weren't along for the ride, just being told whats happening right in front of them.

Overrall, I love the theme and the idea, I just feel that the execution could have been better.

@jdmdisney99 - I'm not going to lie, I was thinking this past week about how in the world you'd fix that area at DCA, it just doesn't flow well. It's such a mess, Muppets, Monsters Inc, The Disney Dance Party thing, and then the Mad T Party at night. It's so hard to do a good re-theme, but I think you did! I don't know how I feel about getting rid of the Muppets though.

The ride itself was good! I like what you added technology wise and what you did storyline wise. It just didn't wow me, though. It felt like it needed a bit more of a storyline or characters, like something was missing from the recipe.

Overall, great job on Hollywoodland! But the ride sort of fell flat for me.

@Zweiland - Doing something like the Great Movie ride was definitely a great solution! I think it brings something different to the area.

I'm a little worried about the pre show audio-anametronics though, that's a bunch just for applause, I could see a film make a bit more sense though.

Overrall, great idea bringing something like that to DCA, but the pre show may have been a bit over the top.
Thanks for the critique. In my defense, I did say that only the AAs in the front would have any motion; the rest would be statues.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@MonorailRed

I should have clarified...the ride vehicles are not intended to be enclosed. The picture of the meh ham bus was to illustrate the paint job and trim, not be the actual ride vehicle. I agree, enclosed really wouldn't work for the dark ride elements.

Also...

In retrospect, I can see how the queue, while themed differently, would be similar to Muppets 3D. However, there is another ride queue which I didn't want to mention in the post, because it is almost an exact copy in terms of layout and flow...

And, that ride also has a limo that goes upside down.

Rockin roller coaster.

Though, in my defense, while I used the same propulsion method as well, I utilized it far differently than RNR does.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@englanddg I call this advantage....

The Original Dump

Ah, back to sabotage...

Nice, isn't it?

Anyways you, my good friend, have the opportunity to make someone have to use entirely original characters that they create in their submission. Due at Midnight tonight.

Choose Wisely.
Every good turn deserves a response. I will use this advantage and I assign it to @Voxel for the same reasons he assigned it to me for the last challenge.

@Voxel - Can't wait to see what you come up with, good luck!

Voxel

President of Progress City
@englanddg I call this advantage....

The Original Dump

Ah, back to sabotage...

Nice, isn't it?

Anyways you, my good friend, have the opportunity to make someone have to use entirely original characters that they create in their submission. Due at Midnight tonight.

Choose Wisely.
Two questions about this. First because the maps and blueprints of Disneyland shanghai are not yet public information do we have to give you an exact location of the attraction or just say frontierland or fantasyland.

Also question two. about the sabotage, does the entire attraction have to be original characters or can my original character mingle with Disney characters in the process.

Voxel

Challenge 3

Under New Management!

midy.jpg

Welcome to Shanghai Disneyland contestants!

TikiRoom.JPG

There's something about the Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room that just screams Disney Parks, isn't there? Well guess what…. We're bringing it to Shanghai! Just not as you think…

I don't want any… I mean any Tiki's in this Tiki Room … Or the classic four birds that we know so well….

You guys have to do a show with singing birds, plants, and whatever other magic you can bring together for a musical show!

Same elements as the regular old tiki room. Most of the show should be suspended above you. Show be similar to a musical show, nothing to crazy. Guests must stay in stable seats, no Philharmagic elements here people. Just a nice rif on a classic. Hopefully with some new technology or a pre-show, but not required.

Since we don't know much about "Main Street" and "Tomorrowland" or even "Frontierland" there, you guys are allowed to use 2 lands for you new attraction, Fantasyland or Adventureland. Pick one and build your theme from there!

You can use different known disney characters from disney movies, if you wish.

It's Monday, and well Monday's are a pain. So I'll help you guys out a tiny bit with some pictures to get some ideas. Seriously, these are just ideas, use what you want!

82fba5b1.jpg

Be_Our_Guest.png

Cant-Wait-To-Be-King-10.jpg

Contestants, I need a fresh take on a Disney Park classic before the clock strikes 12!

Now, on another note, I'm going to see if this can add something for this competition...

The Winner of Challenge 3 will receive the advantage of points. Yes, 3 nice points!

Good Luck!
Also.. Do we have to have singing birds and plants?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Two questions about this. First because the maps and blueprints of Disneyland shanghai are not yet public information do we have to give you an exact location of the attraction or just say frontierland or fantasyland.

Also question two. about the sabotage, does the entire attraction have to be original characters or can my original character mingle with Disney characters in the process.

Nah, no exact location. If you want to do some sort of blue prints for the attraction though, go for it...

Sabotage-wise, no mingling with Disney characters. Completely and extremely original.

Also.. Do we have to have singing birds and plants?

Nope. I'd prefer some sort of animals doing the show. But you don't have to have birds or plants.

Voxel

Nah, no exact location. If you want to do some sort of blue prints for the attraction though, go for it...

Sabotage-wise, no mingling with Disney characters. Completely and extremely original.

Nope. I'd prefer some sort of animals doing the show. But you don't have to have birds or plants.

Okay so I can't pull from a scene from say Cinderella in the background with the original character saying whats going on without interacting. Well there goes my original idea.

Voxel

Can I use scenes from Disney movies? Sorry for the questions. I am trying to get a feel for what I can and can't do.

And Curse you @englanddg .

ctxak98

Doing these challenges seem more time consuming then I thought. So for instance if I wanted to do a show similar to TIKI Room featuring Snow White characters I could do that!? ( I am not using Snow White, just trying to figure all of this out!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom