Around the Resorts in 30 Days

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not to tip my hand, but can the name be added to if we wanted to include an overarching IP?

Say something like:

The Klumps Superstar Limo (I am not using the Klumps, just using it as an example)?

Or "The Klumps Present: Superstar Limo" or "Superstar Limo Starring the Klumps"?

Voxel

President of Progress City
I can't believe how many times I'm having to watch this video to get details from it.

This ride is aweful! I want to punch the "agent" in the nose!

It really is terrible, and the Monster Inc replacement isn't that much better when you realize that its the same track path and a lot of the facade wasn't changed just repainted.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Do I have to use those characters directly (as in the exact models from the original ride)?

Or, do I have creative leeway as long as those stars are in the ride?

I got Melanie Griffith and Antonio Bandares and Drew Carey...is the other one supposed to be Tim Allen?

Voxel

Do I have to use those characters directly (as in the exact models from the original ride)?

I got Melanie Griffith and Antonio Bandares and Drew Carey...is the other one supposed to be Tim Allen?

From Wikipedia "Celebrities included but were not limited to Joan Rivers, Regis Philbin, Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas, Cindy Crawford, Tim Allen, Jackie Chan,Drew Carey, Cher, and Whoopi Goldberg."

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge 2 - Anything But THAT! - @englanddg

You guys get the privilege... No, the honor... To bring back Superstar Limo! All you have to do is use the name and summary of the old ride on the old DCA map, do whatever else you'd like to it. The summary you have to use is...

"A ride through LA's Starstudded Streets"

Put it wherever! Make a an attraction that Californians will want to ride. In addition, it must be a dark ride.

Challenge Addendum for @englanddg only - @Voxels Advantage - Sneaky (um...I meant...Sweet) Sabotage!

You get to give an opponent of your choice the addition of having to use these specific characters!

5705525338_6764153d33.jpg
limo_timallen2001tm.jpg
limo_melanieandantonio2001tm.jpg

@Voxel said - "@englanddg. I was impressed with your work an honestly thought your theme would win. Because of this respect I wanna beat you thus I am sabotaging your attraction good luck"

The Original Superstar Limo

This short lived ride lasted in Disney's California Adventure for exactly one year, and was replaced by Monsters Inc: Mike and Sully to the Rescue!

While not one of the most popular rides ever put at a Disney Park, it did have a simplicity and charm to it. Plenty of sight gags and extremely well done caricatures of popular celebrities from that time (2001) were played over a bright and inviting background. With this in mind, it could be said the ride deserves another chance, given an appropriate facelift.

Presenting the new re-imagined Superstar Limo, with the Muppets!

The Muppets - Superstar Limo

The ride would be located near the current Muppet 3D Theater. With the addition of a new Muppet concept, this section of the park would be re-themed accordingly to have a "Muppet Feel" while still staying with the guidelines of other neighboring themes such as Hollywood Blvd. The exterior theme would be similar to Hollywood Studios.

5011351615_8051cbddbd_o.jpg

Expanding on the Muppet IP has been long overdue, especially with a fun dark ride that has thrill elements. The unique use of the ride system (described later) along with the show itself should attract visitors from around the area, and around the world!

Superstar Limo.jpg

The ride begins with the queue, which is divided into three distinct sections. The first section will be themed as the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

060309-015..jpg

Guests will be able to pick out their "favorite stars", along with some goofy ones placed next to each other, like (get ready to groan, but hey, this is a Muppet ride!):

1) Tom Cruise / Tom Drive / Tom Fly

2) Jeff Bridges / Jeff Tunnels

3) Neil Patrick Harris / Stand Patrick Harris

4) Keanu Reeves / Keanu Comes Back

Sounds of the hustle and bustle of the city (traffic, pedestrians, street salespeople calling out to "get your star maps here!") would be heard using positional audio to make the listener feel they are truly engulfed on a busy LA street sidewalk.

Additionally, in certain spots, animetronic muppets will make an appearance to tell a funny story or play out a scene. Some examples are:

1) Pepe the King Prawn trying to sell you a star map (this will come up again later)

2) Fozzie Bear dressed up like a Captain A-Bear-ica (waka waka!) having a turf fight with Gonzo dressed up as the Great Gozno.

3) Zoot and Lips playing music on the sidewalk for spare change

524-12.jpg

As guests leave the first section of the queue, they enter a small pre-staging area where they meet a few characters which each have a small part of the presentation.

The pre-stage show begins as a projected Kermit apologizes for the wait, and begins to explain that the Muppets are trying to help Gonzo with his newly acquired tour business. Gonzo obtained through a convoluted inheritance involving Gonzo's late uncle, Nogzo (new character reference, he won't come up again though. He's just a plot device).

Gonzo.png

After telling the amusing story, Kermit leaves the screen, saying he's going to go check on what the holdup is.

Gonzo, Bunsen and Beaker appear.

Gonzo confirms that he inherited a limo service, and has decided to turn it into a star studded tour of the city! He goes on to explain that, while controlling the limo has proven an issue, with the improvements made by Muppet Labs, and his newly acquired Professional Limo Drivers License, he is more than capable to lead you on your adventure.

It seems he's spent months working with a team of experts at Muppet Laps to improve the experience of a "Simple Tour". Beaker "Meeps" in the background, sounding a bit scared at this point, and Bunsen says "We think you will be quite pleased!", eliciting another worried "Meep" from Beaker.

tumblr_lm8omaQswl1qhxr17o1_400.gif

At this point, Gonzo leaves to go "warm up the engine", and BoBo the Bear pokes his head in from the side of the screen, shy at first. He comes out and gives a short safety lecture, reminding guests that they are to stay seated, no eating and drinking, and not to use flash photography, etc.

44bc08325519b72f.jpg

Then the pre-stage queue passes to the third section of the queue. This is themed with the style of the original ride, as a nod, with props littered throughout the room. It would look similar to this (with some Muppet "updates" of course):

limo2.jpg

This is also the first place you get a view of the "limo" you will be traveling in. Elements of the older ride vehicle would be included, again as a nod, but the decoration would be over the top. Obviously some influence of the design taste of Dr. Teeth went into the "refurb".

kaqkqr.png

Lets step away from the ride through description for a moment to discuss the ride vehicle and mechanics.

The ride system would be on round tracks, like a modern roller coaster. It would utilize magnetic propulsion to accelerate, maintain speed and decelerate for scenes.

The cars themselves would, again as a nod to the original ride, have a screen where videos will play intermittently to help advance the plot as the ride moves along.

You would also have surround sound speakers behind your head, to help immerse you in the experience. Guests will be strapped in with an overhead locking harness (this ride will go upside down).

After boarding, your vehicle will begin to move and will stop at a vehicle queuing area (set up so that there is space between the cars). On your screen, you'll see a small group of Muppets in the "drivers seat".

Gonzo again insists that he is a licensed professional, certified by the "Pepe's Institute of Steering and Gas Pedal Management". To prove it, he shows you a piece of ripped cardboard with the words "Prefeshunal Leemo Pilot" written in crayon on it. Did that sooth your nerves?

He goes on to explain that along with the multimedia enhancements of the screen, etc, the engine has been "fine tuned" with the "latest technology" by Muppet Labs (again you hear Beaker "Meep"). He offers to turn on the radio for you, and you hear this being sung by various muppets. A music video accompanies the song on your screen.

You hear the engine rev loudly, and Gonzo says "Hold on! First stop! Beverly Hills!". The ride accelerates to around 20 mph and takes you over a few small humps (symbolizing the "hills) in a dark tunnel themed with fluorescent street signs and palm trees before slowing down to continue your "tour".

Here, Gonzo passes the tour narration to Pepe the King Prawn. "You all bought my maps before starting this tour, right?", he asks. (told you it would come up again)

Pepe-thumbs-up.jpg

Having slowed back down using the electromagnetic system, we pass through the shops of Beverly Hills, all with parody names. D. Blues Brothers is a play on Brooks Brothers, the shop is run by Rowlf the Dog and Fozzy Bear dressed as the Blues Brothers and playing music with each other.

The next shop is Gukki (a play on Gucci). Here, a flustered Mert (one of Henson's first creations, a timid personality, and this is a clear nod) is a salesperson.

165px-IFeelPretty-EdSullivanShow.png

(Mert is on the left)

He is trying to restrain Ms. Piggy from Melanie Griffith and Antonio Bandaras. Ms. Piggy is upset because they are wearing the same dress, and she thinks "Moi" looks better.

It seems that they both were trying it on, unknowingly, and had exit their changing rooms at the same time. Hilarity ensues as Piggy breaks into a parody of this song

This interchange is interspersed with sarcastic observations and funny remarks from "Pepe" on your monitor. "Look at the grace and glory of these stars!", as they exit the changing room. And, when Piggy tries to karate chop Melanie Griffith from behind, ending the scene, Pepe says "You can see she has some real star power!"

At this point Gonzo comes back on the screen to inform you that we are off to our next stop, Sunset Strip! Again the ride vehicles speed up and you go through a similar "driving" scene as earlier, except this time the ride tracks snake back and forth rather than up and down. Again Gonzo turns on the radio for you. This song plays, again, a parody sung by Muppets characters. As before, the music video accompanies it on your screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs6Los4Go4s

Again the ride vehicle slows and you are presented with a comedy club scene. The theme is done up like the Muppet Theater, and who is on the stage? Tim Allen!

timallen1.jpg

Of course, we all know that Tim is a pretty funny guy, but there are some people who just can't be pleased. So, he's being heckled by the grandfathers of the modern internet trolls themselves, Statler and Waldorf! They shout insults and perform sight gags from the comfort of their classic booth.

statler_waldorf.jpg

As the vehicle leaves the scene, Pepe makes an offhand comment that "That guy reminds me of a talking space toy I had a child."

Gonzo comes on to let you know that we are off to tour the fabulous homes of the stars in Bel Air. The ride speeds up again, doing a mix of a hill and a banking 180 degree turn (it's towards the end of the building at this point), and again slows down. As you travel, Gonzo sings a rap to you, a parody of this!

As before, you can see him on your screen singing the song dressed up like the Fresh Prince!

As the vehicle slows and you enter the scene, the first thing you see is Drew Carey...selling maps!

limo_drewcarey2001tm.jpg

Pepe is infuriated, and says so on your screen. Then, opposite the Drew Animetronic, an anemetronic Pepe appears and starts hurling insults at Drew. "Why are you trying to steal my business! This is my turf!" He also asks "Who's Tour Line is this Anyway? What do you think this is, Cleveland?" (both references to Drew Carey shows) Towards the end of the scene, Pepe yells at Drew "I better not see you around the Chinese Theater!"

Something is happening...strobe lights go off and the tunnel becomes dark as the ride comes to a complete stop. What is really happening is that the ride vehicle is being positioned on the launcher, but the Guests do not know this.

You begin to hear some rustling, and the feed on your screen cuts in and out as Gonzo tries to warn you and is yelling at someone (or something) in the background...

Gonzo - "Stop, DON'T TOUCH THAT!" (static) "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" (static)
<another voice> "Want go Chinese Theater! WANT GO, WANT GO! GO SEE HANDPRINTS!"
Gonzo - "DON'T, GET OFF!" (static)
<another voice> "GO NOW DRIIIIIIIIIVE!!!! NEED MUSIC!!!!"

Animal's face pops up on your screen as you see him grab the wheel with a horrified Gonzo behind him and makes a motion that he jammed on the gas. Well, that's exactly what he did!

Rock music from Dr. Teeth and the Electric Meyham blares on your screen and speakers as you fly through a dark room with blacklit muppet animetronics, palm trees, cones, etc. Occasionally you'll hear piped in over the music police sirens and other cars honking at you.

animal_muppet_1.jpg

The ride speeds up to nearly 60 mph, goes through a few thrilling tight turns and corkscrew loops. Functionally, the ride is returning to the loading area, but the guest by now should be disoriented by the various scenes and scene transitions.

At this point the ride slows again and you find yourself in front of the Chinese Theater. Gonzo indicates he has taken control of the vehicle, and interacts from the screen with a Kermit animetronic asking how everything went. Gonzo, of course, downplays to Kermit, saying it went "better than expected", but of course, you the guest know better!

tumblr_mb6vsaRrNP1rhubw5o1_500.gif

From here you proceed out of the exit queue and into a new muppet themed merchandise shop that will be shared with the Muppets 3d Theater exit.

In summary, the ride will combine IPs, with clever nods to the original, while also giving it a new range of characters and situations to play with. A mixture of projections and Animetronics would be used throughout, with a lean towards well themed Animentronics.

In all, this is a deserving take on a poorly executed original ride, and offers to incite new interest in a well-deserving IP such as the Muppets.

Last edited:

Voxel

Challenge 2 - Anything But THAT! - @englanddg

You guys get the privilege... No, the honor... To bring back Superstar Limo! All you have to do is use the name and summary of the old ride on the old DCA map, do whatever else you'd like to it. The summary you have to use is...

Put it wherever! Make a an attraction that Californians will want to ride. In addition, it must be a dark ride.

Challenge Addendum for @englanddg only - @Voxels Advantage - Sneaky (um...I meant...Sweet) Sabotage!

You get to give an opponent of your choice the addition of having to use these specific characters!

5705525338_6764153d33.jpg
limo_timallen2001tm.jpg

@Voxel said - "@englanddg. I was impressed with your work an honestly thought your theme would win. Because of this respect I wanna beat you thus I am sabotaging your attraction good luck"

The Muppets Superstar Limo

This short lived ride lasted in Disney's California Adventure for exactly one year, and was replaced by Monsters Inc: Mike and Sully to the Rescue! While not one of the most popular rides ever put on a Disney Park, it did have a simplicity and charm to it, with lots of sight gags and extremely well done characters of popular celebrities from that time (2001).

So, with that in mind, here is the new re-imagined Superstar Limo, presented by the Muppets!

The ride would be located near the current Muppet 3D Theatre, and with the addition of a new Muppet concept, this section of the park would be re-themed with a muppet feel to it (similar to Hollywood Studios). Also, this will attract guests both due to the unique use of the ride system (described later) and the fact that it is a long deserved dark ride for a very popular IP.

View attachment 37574

The ride begins with the queue, which is divided into three distinct sections. The first section will be themed as the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

060309-015..jpg

Guests will be able to pick out their "favorite stars", along with some goofy ones placed next to each other, like (get ready to groan):

1) Tom Cruise / Tom Drive / Tom Fly
2) Jeff Bridges / Jeff Tunnels
3) Neil Patrick Harris / Stand Patrick Harris
4) Keanu Reeves / Keanu Comes Back

Sounds of the hustle and bustle of the city (traffic, pedestrians, street salespeople calling out to "get your star maps here!" would be heard using positional audio to make the listener feel they are truly engulfed on a busy LA street sidewalk.

Additionally, in certain spots, animetronic muppets will make an appearance to tell a funny story or play out a scene. Some examples are:

1) Pepe the King Prawn trying to sell you a star map
2) Fozzie Bear dressed up like a Captain A-Bear-ica (waka waka!) having a turf fight with Gonzo dressed up as the Great Gozno.
3) Zoot and Lips playing music on the sidewalk for change

524-12.jpg

As guests leave the first section of the queue, they enter a small pre-staging area where they meet a few characters which each have a small part of the presentation. The pre-stage show begins with Kermit apologizes for the wait, and begins to explain that the Muppets have acquired a new business that's having trouble succeeding through a convoluted inheritance involving Gonzo's late uncle, Nogzo (new character reference, he won't come up again though. He's just a plot device).

After telling an amusing story, Kermit leaves the screen, saying he's going to go check on what the holdup is. Gonzo, Bunsen and Beaker appear to explain that he's spent months working with a team of experts at Muppet Laps (Beaker will "meep" in the background, sounding a bit scared at this point) and Bunsen will say "We think you will be quite pleased!", eliciting another "meep" from Beaker.

tumblr_lm8omaQswl1qhxr17o1_400.gif

Gonzo explains that he inherited a limo service, and has decided to turn it into a star studded tour of the city! He goes on to explain that, while controlling the limo has proven an issue, with the improvements made by Muppet Labs, and his newly acquired Professional Limo Drivers License, he is more than capable to lead you on your adventure.

At this point, he leaves to go "warm up the engine", and BoBo the Bear pokes his head in from the side of the screen, shy at first. He comes out and gives a short safety lecture, reminding guests that they are to stay seated and not use flash fotography, etc.

44bc08325519b72f.jpg

Then the pre-stage queue passes to the third section of the queue. This is themed with the style of the original ride, as a nod, with charactures and props littered throughout the room. It would look similar to this (with some Muppet "updates" of course):

limo2.jpg

This is also the first place you get a view of the "limo" you will be traveling in. Elements of the older ride vehicle would be included, again as a nod, but the decoration would be over the top. Obviously some influence of the design taste of Dr. Teeth went into the "refurb".

kaqkqr.png

Lets step away from the ride through description for a moment to discuss the ride vehicle and mechanics. The ride system would be on round tracks, similar to a roller coaster. It would utilize magnetic propulsion to accelerate maintain speed and decelerate. The cars themselves would, again as a nod to the original ride, have a screen where videos will play intermittently to help advance the plot as the ride moves along. You would also have surround sound speakers behind your head, to help immerse you in the experience. Guests will be strapped in with an overhead locking harness (this ride will go upside down).

After boarding, your vehicle will begin to move and will stop at a vehicle queuing area (set up so that there is space between the cars). On your screen, you'll see a small group of Muppets in the "drivers seat". Gonzo will again explain that he is a licensed professional, and to prove it he shows you a piece of ripped cardboard with the words "Prefeshunal Leemo Pilot" written in crayon on it. Did that sooth your nerves?

He goes on to explain that along with the multimedia enhancements of the screen, etc, the engine has been "fine tuned" with the "latest technology" by Muppet Labs (again you hear beaker "meep").

You hear the engine rev, and Gonzo says "Hold on! First stop! Beverly Hills!". The ride accelerates to around 20 mph and takes you over a few small humps (symbolizing the "hills) in a dark tunnel themed with fluorescent street signs and palm trees before slowing down to continue your "tour". Here, Gonzo passes the tour narration to Pepe the King Prawn. "You all bought my maps before starting this tour, right?" He asks.

Pepe-thumbs-up.jpg

We pass through shops with parody names, like D. Blues Brothers (a play on Brooks Brothers, the shop is run by Rawlf the Dog and Fozzy Bear dressed as the Blues Brothers) and Gukki (a play on Gucci). Here, a flustered Mert (one of Henson's first creations, a timid personality) is a salesperson.

165px-IFeelPretty-EdSullivanShow.png

(Mert is on the left)

He is trying to restrain Ms. Piggy from Melanie Griffith and Antonio Bandaras. Ms. Piggy is upset because they are wearing the same dress, and she thinks she looks better.

They each were trying it on, and exit the changing room at the same time, and hilarity ensues as they break into a parody of this song, interspersed with sarcastic observations and funny remarks from "Pepe" on your monitor. "Look at the grace and glory of these stars!", as they exit the changing room. And, when Piggy tries to karate chop Melanie Griffith from behind, ending the scene, Pepe says "You can see she has some real star power!"

At this point Gonzo comes back on the screen to inform you that we are off to our next stop, Sunset Strip! Again the ride vehicles speed up and you go through a similar "driving" scene as earlier, except this time the ride tracks snake back and forth rather than up and down.

Again the ride vehicle slows and you are presented with a comedy club scene. The theme is done up like the Muppet Theater, and who is on the stage? Tim Allen!

timallen1.jpg

Of course, we all know that Tim is a pretty funny guy, but there are some people who just can't be pleased. So, he's being heckled by the grandfathers of the modern internet trolls themselves, Statler and Waldorf! They shout insults and perform site gags from the comfort of their classic booth.

statler_waldorf.jpg

Pepe makes an offhand comment that "That guy reminds me of a talking space toy I had a child." and Gonzo comes on to let you know that we are off to tour the fabulous homes of the stars in Bel Air. The ride speeds up again, doing a mix of a hill and a banking 180 degree turn (it's towards the end of the building at this point), and again slows down. The first thing you see is Drew Carey...selling maps!

limo_drewcarey2001tm.jpg

Pepe is infuriated, and says so on your screen. Then an animetronic Pepe appears to hurl insults at Drew about "Trying to steal his business!" and asking "Who's Tour Line is this Anyway? What do you think this is, Cleveland?" (both references to his shows) Towards the end of the scene, Pepe yells at Drew "I better not see you around the Chinese Theater!"

Something is happening...strobe lights go off and the tunnel becomes dark as the ride comes to a complete stop. You begin to hear some rustling, and the feed on your screen cuts in and out as Gonzo tries to warn you and is yelling at someone (or something) in the background...

Gonzo - "Stop, DON'T TOUCH THAT!" (static) "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" (static)
<another voice> "Want go Chinese Theater! WANT GO, WANT GO! GO SEE HANDPRINTS!"
Gonzo - "DON'T, GET OFF!" (static)
<another voice> "GO NOW DRIIIIIIIIIVE!!!! NEED MUSIC!!!!"

Animal's face pops up on your screen as you see him grab the wheel with a horrified Gonzo behind him and makes a motion that he jammed on the gas. Well, that's exactly what he did! Rock music from Dr. Teeth and the band begin to play on your screen and speakers as you fly through a dark room with blacklit muppet animetronics, palm trees, cones, etc. Occasionally you'll hear piped in over the music police sirens and other cars honking at you.

animal_muppet_1.jpg

The ride speeds up to nearly 60 mph, goes through a few thrilling tight turns and corkscrew loops. Functionally, the ride is returning to the loading area, but the guest by now should be disoriented by the various scenes and scene transitions.

At this point the ride slows again and you find yourself in front of the Chinese Theater. Gonzo indicates he has taken control of the vehicle, and interacts from the screen with a Kermit animetronic asking how everything went. Gonzo, of course, downplays to Kermit, saying it went "better than expected", but of course, you the guest know better!

From here you proceed out of the exit queue and into a new muppet themed merchandise shop that will be shared by both venues in the newly rethemed area.

In summary, the ride will combine IPs, with clever nods to the original, while also giving it a new range of characters and situations to play with. A mixture of projections and Animetronics would be used throughout, with a lean towards well themed Animentronics. In all, this is a deserving take on a poorly executed original ride, and offers to incite new interest in a well-deserving IP such as the Muppets.

I like how you handled my sabotage :D GOOD JOB!

Voxel

Challenge 2
Anything but THAT...

Welcome to Disney's California Adventure! It's gotten some news because of Carsland... But that's not why we're exactly here...

The summary you have to use is...

I'm subtracting the fact that that you have to have a dark ride element. Make a roller coaster if you want! Just make it top notch if you do.

Voxel proudly presents:
Superstar Limo

Nestled into North West corner of California Adventures, Superstar Limo will take guest for a wild ride through LA's Starstudded Streets. Using a coaster designed that recreates the simulation of drifting, will be a one of a kind experience that can only be found in Disney’s California Adventures. This one of a kind attraction will have riders boarding roller coaster limo like Rockin Roller Coaster except the cars pivot with force as the coaster go around turns. The main trains sit about 4 feet above the track and between the car and track a road like facade is in place.
F2399F41-7E3B-4892-9E1E-AA5B676950D2-1247-000000D219412657_zpsa962a9b9.jpg

From the outside, the entire structure will look like the hills of Hollywood including the famous Hollywood sign. This will blend in the California look that the park is suppose to emulate.

Hollywood-Hills-Sign.jpg

A map of the new attraction and area can been seen below:
ScreenShot2013-11-03at43031PM_zps4a51cd31.png

A) Guest will enter walk through the Walt Disney Studio gates on their way to a red carpet event to celebrate the premier of the newest Walt Disney Production staring you, the guest.
Lille-0135-472206845.jpg

B) Walking on to the red carpet guest will be welcomed by the flashing camera of photographers(which will happened slowly as to not induce issues with those with light sensitivity and seizure). Guest will “mingle” with animatronic celebrities who will be signing autographs to their adoring fans. Guest will see similar faces such as Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, even Walt himself. Think movie premier:
300-movie-premiere-26.jpg

C) Guest will then enter it the screening room where they will watch the movie they just started in. This will be achieve with the help of intelligent rendering programs that inserts the faces of guest into famous movies roles allowing guest to see them self on the big screen. They will queue through a theatre like the own in side The Great Movie Ride:
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/02/5480854593_0e439d453012.jpg

D)After they witness their new movies guest will be escort out the back of the theatre to their awaiting their limo

E) Turning out of the station the ride will began their slow trip home until a car of paparazzi start flashing their camera trying to snap an embarrassing photo of Hollywood’s newest star. The limo driver announces that he will try to get away and the limo launches out.

F) The limo flies through a helix that wraps around a model of a part of the Hollywood Bowl, during the section the drifting abilities are currently locked giving the experience of journeying on a normal roller coaster.

H) The Ride snakes its way up the Hollywood Hills where it hits a dead in.
hollywood-hills-la-ca.jpg

H) Hitting the dead end the Limo screeches to a halt and the track behind it switch and the limo “rolls back” and floors it in reverse through the hills of Hollywood

I) Roaring backwards past famous Hollywood hill.

J) The limo will once again come to a stop and the tracks will switch before accelerating up and towards the out side of the mountain

K) Guest will fly out of the mountain and through the second O in the Hollywood Sign, at this point the drifting ability will unlock allowing cars to have the effect seen in the video as the go around the turns.
Look at video about a 1:30 into.

L) Guest will fly across the highway at 60 mph drifting through the turn.

M) This last thrill section will floor guest through a helix as they make their way down the Hollywood hills changing the direction of the drift as they go.

N) Finally guest will finish their travels outside “Disneyland Resort” where they will take a “backstage” entrance back into the park.

T) The monorail will ride through the ride and the mountain through its own tunnel.

Stage 17

Stage 17 will stay in the same general area as it is now but will be moved over to the left. The Stage will have a slight studio facade that blends into the mountain. This will be used through group parties and events, like it is now.

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine will be a 5-star restaurant restaurant featuring the prime of Hollywood. Guest will dine in the Golden Age of Hollywood with contemporary cuisine. The interior will have a familiar feel to the Brown Derby. The treat of the restaurant will be the bi weekly dine with an Imagineer which will guest a opportunity to meet with Disney Imagineers, who knows who might show up all and every Imagineer will be open game including Joe Rodhe.
Brown-Derby-2-small.jpg

Backdrop
A big issue with this new mountain will be how to hid the main structure the building from the entrance, a shear metal face could ruin the immersion of the attraction. To handle this the direct view walking in will be lined with Fake Red Woods that tower up and provide a beautiful disguise. The walls will be painted to give the illusion of a redwood forest.
disney-way-parking-entrance-for-blog.jpg

No_03_Redwood_Forest.jpg

HOPEFULLY COMING IN 2016.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Voxel proudly presents:
Superstar Limo

Nestled into North West corner of California Adventures, Superstar Limo will take guest for a wild ride through LA's Starstudded Streets. Using a coaster designed that recreates the simulation of drifting, will be a one of a kind experience that can only be found in Disney’s California Adventures. This one of a kind attraction will have riders boarding roller coaster limo like Rockin Roller Coaster except the cars pivot with force as the coaster go around turns. The main trains sit about 4 feet above the track and between the car and track a road like facade is in place.
F2399F41-7E3B-4892-9E1E-AA5B676950D2-1247-000000D219412657_zpsa962a9b9.jpg

From the outside, the entire structure will look like the hills of Hollywood including the famous Hollywood sign. This will blend in the California look that the park is suppose to emulate.

Hollywood-Hills-Sign.jpg

A map of the new attraction and area can been seen below:
ScreenShot2013-11-03at43031PM_zps4a51cd31.png

A) Guest will enter walk through the Walt Disney Studio gates on their way to a red carpet event to celebrate the premier of the newest Walt Disney Production staring you, the guest.
Lille-0135-472206845.jpg

B) Walking on to the red carpet guest will be welcomed by the flashing camera of photographers(which will happened slowly as to not induce issues with those with light sensitivity and seizure). Guest will “mingle” with animatronic celebrities who will be signing autographs to their adoring fans. Guest will see similar faces such as Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, even Walt himself. Think movie premier:
300-movie-premiere-26.jpg

C) Guest will then enter it the screening room where they will watch the movie they just started in. This will be achieve with the help of intelligent rendering programs that inserts the faces of guest into famous movies roles allowing guest to see them self on the big screen. They will queue through a theatre like the own in side The Great Movie Ride:
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/02/5480854593_0e439d453012.jpg

D)After they witness their new movies guest will be escort out the back of the theatre to their awaiting their limo

E) Turning out of the station the ride will began their slow trip home until a car of paparazzi start flashing their camera trying to snap an embarrassing photo of Hollywood’s newest star. The limo driver announces that he will try to get away and the limo launches out.

F) The limo flies through a helix that wraps around a model of a part of the Hollywood Bowl, during the section the drifting abilities are currently locked giving the experience of journeying on a normal roller coaster.

H) The Ride snakes its way up the Hollywood Hills where it hits a dead in.
hollywood-hills-la-ca.jpg

H) Hitting the dead end the Limo screeches to a halt and the track behind it switch and the limo “rolls back” and floors it in reverse through the hills of Hollywood

I) Roaring backwards past famous Hollywood hill.

J) The limo will once again come to a stop and the tracks will switch before accelerating up and towards the out side of the mountain

K) Guest will fly out of the mountain and through the second O in the Hollywood Sign, at this point the drifting ability will unlock allowing cars to have the effect seen in the video as the go around the turns.
Look at video about a 1:30 into.

L) Guest will fly across the highway at 60 mph drifting through the turn.

M) This last thrill section will floor guest through a helix as they make their way down the Hollywood hills changing the direction of the drift as they go.

N) Finally guest will finish their travels outside “Disneyland Resort” where they will take a “backstage” entrance back into the park.

T) The monorail will ride through the ride and the mountain through its own tunnel.

Stage 17

Stage 17 will stay in the same general area as it is now but will be moved over to the left. The Stage will have a slight studio facade that blends into the mountain. This will be used through group parties and events, like it is now.

Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine will be a 5-star restaurant restaurant featuring the prime of Hollywood. Guest will dine in the Golden Age of Hollywood with contemporary cuisine. The interior will have a familiar feel to the Brown Derby. The treat of the restaurant will be the bi weekly dine with an Imagineer which will guest a opportunity to meet with Disney Imagineers, who knows who might show up all and every Imagineer will be open game including Joe Rodhe.
Brown-Derby-2-small.jpg

HOPEFULLY COMING IN 2016.

I intentionally didn't read your concept until I had finished editing my original post (which, I think I'm finally happy with now).

WOW, just WOW!

First, I love the ride vehicle idea (even if not used here, a drifting coaster is a great idea!).

Second, I like the restaurant concept (a bit partial to restaurants myself), and we both did a "miniland" again for our ride.

Third, the backdrop concept is fantastic, but I am a tad concerned how it would appear from outside the park? Since we chose the same general area, one thing I considered was how to keep the ride within the limits of the sight lines from the bus load and unload area to the north. Had you put any thought into that? (genuine question, not a critique)

Only other question is...what happens to Tower of Terror?

This is a ride I certainly would want to do!

Voxel

I intentionally didn't read your concept until I had finished editing my original post (which, I think I'm finally happy with now).

WOW, just WOW!

First, I love the ride vehicle idea (even if not used here, a drifting coaster is a great idea!).

Second, I like the restaurant concept (a bit partial to restaurants myself), and we both did a "miniland" again for our ride.

Third, the backdrop concept is fantastic, but I am a tad concerned how it would appear from outside the park? Since we chose the same general area, one thing I considered was how to keep the ride within the limits of the sight lines from the bus load and unload area to the north. Had you put any thought into that? (genuine question, not a critique)

Thank you!

I am working on adding the Backdrop to the attracting. I had an issue with it too because its such a key area that you would like to have that blend it. I thought using it to advertise disney movies because that would be such a big money maker for Disney.Tower of Terror is still there. It is across the street from Hollywood and Vine. So that theme will blend in to the Tower of Terror feel

I loved how you used the Muppets to mock the original attraction, I can only think of the fun stories that will go along with that.

Voxel

WOW, just WOW!

I case you were curious, I just posted a solution to the backdrop issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom