Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Great Submission's for the First Challenge Everyone! It was a close call, but the Winner of Challenge 1 is @Voxel ! The concept of the restaurant won me over.

It seems your all getting used to Paris, but we're off again to a new location.

zzrf.jpg

@Voxel be prepared for your advantage. Everyone else, be prepared for the challenge and anything else thrown.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Now to the important part, the restaurant. A pub is just genius for the place! I was impressed by the menu. It kind of made me think of a fancier version of Gaston's Tavern. The only other thing I could think of I would have liked you to add was pie.

Maid_Marian_about_to_throw_a_pie_at_Trigger.jpg

Overall Great submission with a Great Restaurant!
I did have pie. Trigger's Pies. Currant and blackberry mini-pies served with vanilla bean ice cream.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - Interesting choice in adding Splash Mountain to Disneyland Paris! I'm giving you kudos, because Song of the South's animation is up there for me. On the other hand, I don't know how I feel about an entire "Splash Mountain" land being Critter Country, let alone one big complex based on one movie. I'd hope for more depth in Disneyland Paris, instead it'd just seem like a "one note" area, even if what is there would be done extremely well.

Now, focusing on the most important part of the submission, the restaurant. I love the idea of it being interactive. It just screams like you stepped into a classic run in with Br'er Fox, Br'er Rabbit, and Br'er Bear. The menu choices are perfect! Great job! But, being the Disney buff I am, I can't get over the fact that in the movie, Chickapin Hill is where Br'er Fox lives. On top of that, at the top of Chickapin Hill in Splash Mountain (Before the drop) you're supposed to be in Br'er Fox's Lair, where he's going to cook Br'er Rabbit. It could confused guests.

Overall, brilliant idea for a entertaining restaurant and area! But I felt like the place you chose to put your restaurant just didn't work with the overall story of Splash Mountain and the movie it was based on.

@danjen2331 - What can I say? You were as sneaky as a fox to use Sword in the Stone. I love the idea of the restaurant. The technology aspect like Be our Guest would be perfect! The different rooms are perfect fits with the Steamplunk area of Discoveryland, It sounds like a great restaurant and a perfect fit compared to Pizza Planet.

The one thing that bugs me is that there's already so much Merlin in Fantasyland compared to other Disney Parks, and having another Merlin inspired area in a different area of the park may be just to much. Some sources I've read say, in La Tanière du Dragon (The Dragon's Lair), The Dragon in Merlin's pet (Contrary to other's beliefs that it's Maleficent). Merlin l'Enchanteur boutique also reminds me of what you described.
DSC07574.jpg

Overall, loved the idea for the restaurant! But, I feel like it would have fit more in Fantasyland with Merlin.

@Matt7187 - I love the idea of Woodland World for a land. The attractions build on each other because of symmetry of the forest and southern(Fox and the Hound/Song of the South's) settings.

As for the restaurant, I love the idea as well. The changes in the time of day in the setting depending on what time you eat makes it feel like you are outside. The interactive critters in the restaurant sounds amazing. The menu sounds perfect for the Fox in the Hound setting. I could almost picture it at night like Blue Bayou. You made me want to eat there!

The only other thing I could ask for is something original for the land like Country Bears. It seemed heavily movie based.

Overall, Nice land, nice restaurant. Great concept! Left me wanting to know more!

@englanddg - Great area for the restaurant! It fits with the British area with Peter Pan's Flight and Toad Hall Restaurant. I love the ride concept, it's a good fit for the area. Themed up to Disneyland Paris standards and interactive to!

Now to the important part, the restaurant. A pub is just genius for the place! I was impressed by the menu. It kind of made me think of a fancier version of Gaston's Tavern. The only other thing I could think of I would have liked you to add was pie.

Maid_Marian_about_to_throw_a_pie_at_Trigger.jpg

Overall Great submission with a Great Restaurant!

@Zweiland - Love the concept in adding racecourse to the Park! It's interesting and unique. It seems like it's a perfect fit for that area of Fantasyland. I like that it can probably attract visitors more if they hold a certain event, plus there's room for a future attraction if the space is proven successful.

I don't know how I feel about the "betting". I like the concept, but if your only giving out 2 FP per person, that could be a problem for families and groups. I could see giving out things like they did for Year of a Million Dreams though.

Now, the restaurant. I love this idea! The food sounds like a perfect fit to the area. Plus, I'm a tea person, so of course, I thought the tea idea was awesome!

The trouble I have with this idea is acquiring the land, and that it's close to the Storybookland Canal Boats. If a race is happening, and dust from the course goes by the boats, it could make an unpleasant experience. Same for the restaurant.

Overall, I loved the idea! Great concept and the originality fits DLRP Perfect! But I'm worried about the dust.

@Voxel - When you said this would be on Main Street USA, I immediately thought of the Jolly Holiday Bakery at DLR. But when I read into it, Step in Time has enough originality to carry in Paris! I love how you divided the cuisine by P.L Travers and Walt Disney. Also, it seems like a great restaurant experience! The rooms just seem like a perfect fit!

I'm worried about the audio-animetronics handing out food though. When the Penguins move, they'll wobble, and if the special for the day is soup, you really don't want that to tip or spill, and definitely not before the guest get it. Also, you didn't mention a location on Main Street, which would have been helpful.

Overall, Great submission! You left me wanting to know more! But I'm still a bit worried about audio-anametronics carrying food just yet.
Thank you for the critique. I should have specified that the penguins would have rolled around with legs moving a if they were walking but in my excited to write this up I forgot. And good job everyone I was extremely impressed with everyone's submission

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 2
Anything but THAT...

Welcome to Disney's California Adventure! It's gotten some news because of Carsland... But that's not why we're exactly here...

Well, I guess you can call it a car...

dcaLimo121.jpg

That's right! You guys get the
privilege... No, the honor... To bring back Superstar Limo! :D

To understand, I'm going to give you a video of the ride, it only lasted a year (As you can see why)

I'm giving you some help though. All you have to do is use the name and summary of the old ride on the old DCA map, do whatever else you'd like to it.

The summary you have to use is...

"A ride through LA's Starstudded Streets"

Put it wherever! Make a an attraction that Californians will want to ride. Oh, and it has to be a dark ride.

@Voxel 's advantage coming up in next post...

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
@Voxel I like to call this this advantage...
Subtraction and Addition

I'm subtracting the fact that that you have to have a dark ride element. Make a roller coaster if you want! Just make it top notch if you do.

Now, the addition part. Sweet Sabotage.

5705525338_6764153d33.jpg

limo_timallen2001tm.jpg

limo_melanieandantonio2001tm.jpg

Nice caricature celebs, huh?

You get to give an
opponent of your choice the addition of having to use them! :D

Voxel

@englanddg. I was impressed with your work an honestly thought your theme would win. Because of this respect I wanna beat you thus I am sabotaging your attraction good luck

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
@englanddg. I was impressed with your work an honestly thought your theme would win. Because of this respect I wanna beat you thus I am sabotaging your attraction good luck

Ok, @englanddg use the caricatures in your dark ride! Go crazy!

Everyone has until Midnight tonight to come up with something, because tomorrow...We're off somewhere else!

Another advantage will be given for the winner of this challenge. Good Luck competitors!

Voxel

Challenge 2
Anything but THAT...

Welcome to Disney's California Adventure! It's gotten some news because of Carsland... But that's not why we're exactly here...

Well, I guess you can call it a car...

dcaLimo121.jpg

That's right! You guys get the
privilege... No, the honor... To bring back Superstar Limo! :D

To understand, I'm going to give you a video of the ride, it only lasted a year (As you can see why)

I'm giving you some help though. All you have to do is use the name and summary of the old ride on the old DCA map, do whatever else you'd like to it.

The summary you have to use is...

"A ride through LA's Starstudded Streets"

Put it wherever! Make a an attraction that Californians will want to ride. Oh, and it has to be a dark ride.

@Voxel 's advantage coming up in next post...

Does this need to be in the same location as the original?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom