Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
I don't mean to be picky, but Zweiland didn't post anything, yet got 2 points. Just thought I'd point it out in case it's a mistake.
EDIT: It says 2 points for the results but they aren't added to his total score. I believe the results is just supposed to say 0 :shrug: Sorry if I'm nitpicking.

Chill, it's fixed. :D

Same as always. No post, No points.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 26

Avengers

the-avengers-1235-wallmages.jpg

I'll just get to the point.

Your goal today is to make something for the Avengers at Disneyland Resort.

I won't be picky. Make an attraction, a
restaurant, an experience. Just something cool that gets people's Marvel fix at DLR.

Due Tonight at Midnight.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
@jdmdisney99 , @Zweiland , @danjen2331 , @ctxak98 , @Sam4D23 , @englanddg , @Matt7187 , @Voxel , @MA Screamin'

Contestants, I'd like Everyone to Know,

Challenge 26 is the Last Challenge Until the Finale. The Finale Challenge is huge. It's what I like to call.

The 72 Hour Project.

Winner of Challenge 26 will get the Advantage for the Finale, and oh, it'll be great!

Winner of Challenge 27-30 (The Finale) will Receive. Wait for it...

13 points!

This means, well... 4th-7th places titles could switch up. Or, even 4th-1st places titles :eek:

It brings the game to a whole new level.

3 Days. One Project. One Winner.

Rack up the points while you can tonight... Get Ready!

jdmdisney99

Challenge 26: Avengers: ASSEMBLE
284899.jpg

In this challenge, I present a new ride in the Hollywoodland area of Disney California Adventure. Built where the former food court was, guests enter into Tony Stark's Malibu mansion. It turns out, S.H.I.E.L.D. is having a secret meeting in his headquarters. This is the preshow using projection technology. Emergency alerts begin to go off, and you, as a recruit, are put into immediate action. Guests board into "IronPods", small cabs armored in an Iron Man battle suit style. Loki is attacking the Hollywood area, and the Avengers are the only ones who can contain the inevitable disaster. Joining the thrilling super heroes through a combination of screen and physical effects, the guests help along the journey, travelling all through the city. Some amazing scenes they encounter are; the large, bold, decrepit Hollywood sign, the decaying Capitol Records Building, and the near destruction of the TCL Chinese Theater. Finally, guests defeat Loki, in an ending parallel to the film, with guests equal in position to Iron Man.
We hope you choose to ride with the Avengers in Hollywood! See you then!

(THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE A FINAL POST, TIME WILL TELL)

Last edited:

Sam Magic

For my submision I would like to ask Red for a small extension, an un-expected family related event occurred that took a large portion out of my time to design a proposal. Nonetheless I have one here that I would like to submit today; good luck to everyone and kids remember please do not think it's a brilliant idea to drive a 'chuck wagon' blindly into the woods :hungover:

STARK TOWER
For my submission we will be focusing on a new addition to the Tomorrowland Skyline.
This ride will be similar to ToT in that it's got it's drops, but it's similar to Sorin' in the mechanics it uses. Guest will begin by going inside the elegant and modern Stark Industries Tower when a cast member comes out and announces that everyone will be involved with testing a new technology that will improve pedestrian travel. The guest will then enter a stack of five six person modules. These modules will go through similar thrills and drops to ToT until the event unexpectedly turns around for the worst! While guest were ridding the city was attacked and now they must work with your module to fend off the enemy. While guest are getting ready to help the city they learn each seat is set to a certain person in the Avengers team and in attack these settings activate. So in theory each guest becomes a certain Avenger to save the city. Like all super hero stories the fight is successful and guest disembark the ride.
Well that's all for now! See ya' real soon!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - Interesting idea! I like how you made it fit into the area, brilliant using a Malibu Mansion!

The storyline you used to tie in Hollywood for the ride itself was awesome! The "IronPods" were a nice touch!

Overall, really enjoyed what you did here!

@Sam4D23 - Only because I've been in the chuck wagon situation, and it's Thanksgiving, I'll give a pass.

Awesome Idea for an attraction! I like how the "New Technology" resting kind of fits into Tommorrowland.

Interesting combining the drop and action ride. I like it!

Overall, great idea! Good Job!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 27 Results1st - 3 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 2 points - @Sam4D23
3rd - 0 point - @ctxak98
4th - 0 points - @Voxel
5th - 0 points - @Matt7187
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @danjen2331
8th - 0 points - @Zweiland
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

The Scoreboard 1st - 37 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd- 33 points - @Zweiland
3rd - 27 points - @danjen2331
4th - 20 points - @ctxak98
5th - 16 points - @Sam4D23
6th - 10 points - @
englanddg and @Matt7187 and @Voxel
7th - 8 points - @MA Screamin'

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 27-30 : The Finale

The 96 Hour Project

This will be different then other Around the Resorts Challenges, because instead of making additions to others resorts, you will be creating a resort.

Mineralkingpic1.jpg

Your goal is to create a Disney ski resort in the United States. Take what you get from that seriously. Put it anywhere, do Anything, just make sure it's a ski resort... And everything is based with this ski resort...

mineralking_disneynewsspring1966.jpg

The only complaint is I don't want "Disneyland Colorado with 3 different resorts plus the Ski resort." The goal is to make the Ski Resort the Star.

Add audio-anametronics, add shows, I'll say it one last time. Go Crazy.

1251051197_95f0f3f6ab.jpg

Due Sunday December 1st, at 12:00 Midnight EST.

@jdmdisney99

The Advantage, is pretty simple for the last challenge. You Get to let someone include one of these snow related themes.

WDWJuly20061023-1.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HONOR-CHOIR-WORLD-OF-COLOR-WINTER-DREAMS-10_13_DCA_02047-1024x670.jpg
Disney-Bambi-s-Winter-Trail-135835.jpg

Frozen-movie-poster.jpg

5552385911_9e6caafb50_z.jpg

Personajes-(18).jpg

Some are... Workable... Some, aren't so much. :D

Choose Wisely.

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

Challenge 27-30 : The Finale

The 72 Hour Project

This will be different then other Around the Resorts Challenges, because instead of making additions to others resorts, you will be creating a resort.

Mineralkingpic1.jpg

Your goal is to create a Disney ski resort in the United States. Take what you get from that seriously. Put it anywhere, do Anything, just make sure it's a ski resort... And everything is based with this ski resort...

mineralking_disneynewsspring1966.jpg

The only complaint is I don't want "Disneyland Colorado with 3 different resorts plus the Ski resort." The goal is to make the Ski Resort the Star.

Add audio-anametronics, add shows, I'll say it one last time. Go Crazy.

1251051197_95f0f3f6ab.jpg

Due Saturday November 30th, at 12:00 Midnight EST.

@jdmdisney99

The Advantage, is pretty simple for the last challenge. You Get to let someone include one of these snow related themes.

WDWJuly20061023-1.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HONOR-CHOIR-WORLD-OF-COLOR-WINTER-DREAMS-10_13_DCA_02047-1024x670.jpg
Disney-Bambi-s-Winter-Trail-135835.jpg

Frozen-movie-poster.jpg

5552385911_9e6caafb50_z.jpg

Personajes-(18).jpg

Some are... Workable... Some, aren't so much. :D

Choose Wisely.
First, if this finale is taking up Challenges 27, 28, 29, and 30, wouldn't it be due on Sunday night (the competition started on the 2nd)? Also, for the advantage, do they get to choose the element they use, or do I? Somehow that makes a difference to me... :shrug: <grin>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom