Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
It was that time for me too; I'm NOLA, but the submissions are due Midnight ET. This happened to me earlier as well. Red in future comps can you change the time to either midnight CT or remind us that it's due Midnight ET?

Its not that is was late but I would prefer @MonorailRed to say something to me because she is judging my proposal! Im not mad just irritated!

Sorry guys! I'll start adding EST in!

I didn't even notice the late part @ctxak98 sorry about that!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 22

Ending the Grand Fiesta

Welcome to another area at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot.

Your goal here is simple. Replace The Grand Fiesta Tour in the Mexico Pavilion with a ride that makes guests go "Wow!"

Here are the rules this time. No new ride layout. You have to keep the boats and the view from the restaurant.

Due Tomorrow at Midnight

jdmdisney99

Challenge 22

Ending the Grand Fiesta

Welcome to another area at Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot.

Your goal here is simple. Replace The Grand Fiesta Tour in the Mexico Pavilion with a ride that makes guests go "Wow!"

Here are the rules this time. No new ride layout. You have to keep the boats and the view from the restaurant.

Due Tomorrow at Midnight
EST? ;)

jdmdisney99

Challenge 22: Welcome to Harambe Cargo Port!
image.jpg

The Harambe Freight Port takes guest on a ride above Africa's stunning landscape.
image.jpg

Guests enter the small air base and board onto ride vehicles that appear to be freight planes (they are very close to the ground and ceiling because there are hidden poles in both places guiding them along a track). They climb into the cargo area, told they will be collecting and delivering goods from all over the continent (there are windows even though it is a cargo plane, similar to having windows on the Nautiluses (Nautili?)). It is then that the planes pull out of the small hangar onto a landing strip (a physical set). They then "take off" into a spherical screen, completely surrounded by images of flight. This effect is created by controlling the planes motion using a mechanical arm on the top and belly of the plane. I call it a type of 5-D theater. Flying past various aerial images of the continent, along with scents and winds, guests then "return to the air base and are thanked for flying with Harambe Freight Lines. Three of these spherical theaters are built and their showbuildings are distant from the land, but still visible (partially hidden by themed hangar. To help conceal them, a rocky African mountain landscape is added the visible areas. This new take on an exhilarating classic will sure ease the lines on Avatar Land and the nighttime safari.
image.jpg

We hope you choose to fly out of the Harambe Freight Port next time you visit! See you then!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 21 Results
1st - 3 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 0 points - @Sam4D23
3rd - 0 point - @ctxak98
4th - 0 points - @Voxel
5th - 0 points - @Matt7187
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @danjen2331
8th - 0 points - @Zweiland
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@jdmdisney99 gets the advantage of 3 points!

The Scoreboard
1st - 29 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 27 points - @danjen2331
3rd - 21 points - @Zweiland
4th - 20 points - @ctxak98
5th - 14 points - @Sam4D23
6th - 10 points - @
englanddg and @Matt7187 and @Voxel
7th - 8 points - @
MA Screamin'

Zweiland

Challenge 13

For this challenge I created a ride based on the traditional Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. This could be tied in with the upcoming Pixar film of the same name.

400px-Catrinas_2.jpg

Catrina figures, as seen above, are a symbol of Dia de los Muertos. A Catrina figure will narrate the ride.

To fit with the ride, ofrendas (altars) and sugar skulls will be placed throughout the inside part of the Mexico pavilion.

mexico-marketplace.jpg

Dia de los Muertos is not meant to be scary. It is meant to be a time to honor the spirits of the ancestors. The ride will reflect this. Passing through a gate with orange flower garlands, the boats will go through a deserted town in Mexico. Using a Pepper's Ghost effect, skeletons dressed in traditional Latin American garb will appear and go about their business. Going back in time, these skeletons will come to life and the Pepper's Ghost will be replaced with solid animatronics right in front of you.

Then the cycle begins once again, as the ancestors celebrate the spirits of their ancestors. This is where Catrina comes in, explaining the custom of Day of the Dead. The ride ends in a finale where in a flash of smoke, the guests are brought back to present day times.

The boats will be decorated as winged boats called mariposas (butterflies), which are traditional methods of transportation used in Day of the Dead celebrations in some cities.

Janitzio-Day-of-the-Dead-Mexico.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 22 Results
1st - 3 points - @Zweiland
2nd - 0 points - @Sam4D23
3rd - 0 point - @ctxak98
4th - 0 points - @Voxel
5th - 0 points - @Matt7187
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @danjen2331
8th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@Zweiland gets the advantage of 3 points!

The Scoreboard
1st - 29 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 27 points - @danjen2331 and @Zweiland
3rd - 20 points - @ctxak98
4th - 14 points - @Sam4D23
5th - 10 points - @
englanddg and @Matt7187 and @Voxel
6th - 8 points - @MA Screamin'

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 23

The Mistro

midy.jpg

And we're back to planning Disneyland Shanghai!

You know, I think Fantasia is a beautiful film. So many different scenes.

Interesting idea for a restaurant….

Some of you may agree, after some making a Fantasia restaurant for Challenge 4. Well, we're actually making a Fantasia restaurant.

But not as you may think.

You see, everyone is getting one different scene from Fantasia or Fantasia 2000 to base one restaurant off of.

Pick what'd you'd like, have some fun.
Also, I should
mention, the choices are first come, first serve.

Choose Wisely.

The Choices

From the original, Fantasia

Toccatta and Fugue in D Minor
Nutcracker Suite
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Rite of Spring
The Pastoral Symphony
Dance of the Hours
Night on Bald Mountain and Ave Maria

From Fantasia 2000

Symphony No. 5 in C minor-I. Allegro con brio.
Pines of Rome
Rhapsody in Blue
Piano Concerto No. 2 in F Major-I
The Carnival of Animals, Finale
Pomp and Circumstance - Marches 1, 2, 3 and 4
Firebird Suite - 1919 Version

Due tonight at Midnight EST

Last edited:

Zweiland

Challenge 23

The Mistro

midy.jpg

And we're back to planning Disneyland Shanghai!

You know, I think Fantasia is a beautiful film. So many different scenes.

Interesting idea for a restaurant….

Some of you may agree, after some making a Fantasia restaurant for Challenge 4. Well, we're actually making a Fantasia restaurant.

But not as you may think.

You see, everyone is getting one different scene from Fantasia or Fantasia 2000 to base one restaurant off of.

Pick what'd you'd like, have some fun. Choose Wisely.

The Choices

From the original, Fantasia

Toccatta and Fugue in D Minor
Nutcracker Suite
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Rite of Spring
The Pastoral Symphony
Dance of the Hours
Night on Bald Mountain and Ave Maria

From Fantasia 2000

Symphony No. 5 in C minor-I. Allegro con brio.
Pines of Rome
Rhapsody in Blue
Piano Concerto No. 2 in F Major-I
The Carnival of Animals, Finale
Pomp and Circumstance - Marches 1, 2, 3 and 4
Firebird Suite - 1919 Version
Do we have to say what we pick so everyone chooses something different?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom