Around the Resorts in 30 Days

ctxak98

Challenge 19

Dead Men Tell No Tales

midy.jpg

Welcome back to Shanghai Disneyland!

Today, we're actually working with concept art.

delaney_piratesdrop.jpg

I'll get right to it. Your job today is to give the ride experience/layout for Pirate Mountain!

It's not the craziest
challenge you've done, but, this is a different layout. And, I'm letting you guys do what you want to the ride, all you have to do is keep the drop and the elements in the image above.
Due tonight at Midnight.
Is this all we know about the ride so far!? So I could make up my own story and plot for the attraction!?

Sam Magic

Land Map:
rl017q.png

Challenge 19: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Story: A unique mountain in Adventureland is rumored to have been the site of the Golden Grail, discovered by Chinese Pirate Cheng Shinji in 1844. As story goes the Pirate buried it inside this mountain, after he buried it his ship crashed and was destroyed. Afterwards the people of the land named the mountain Buxing de for ‘unlucky’. It’s now modern times and it’s you job to find the Golden Grail and remove it safely.

Ride layout: The ride starts off in the Que area which is the small green building attached to the mountain façade. It’s exterior resembles Tiananmen Square just more rustic and weathered along with a mix of dull reds, browns, and blues. Inside a history of the main Pirate is given in the traditional Disney style, also here is history on the legend to enhance the experience. Next guest enter the ride vehicles, these vehicles are the same as in the concept art. They proceed on to scene one which shows the pirate’s ship traveling through the rough sea, in scene two we see his team capture the holy grail, next we see them traveling to hide the treasure until guest go up (into the main head) and see the grail, the boats stop for a second until the grail ignites an explosion which destroys the pirates ship and sends guest plummeting down in-between the now split boat. After that as guest head back to the loading area an eerie song plays that goes as follows:

“Far away in Canaanite lands laid a grail of gold, As the story goes the grail was cursed with , Men came from far and wide until they were cursed, but one day a man came and stole the grail, he brought it to his home land! When he realized the threat it brought he tried to hide it away, but he failed and died before he saw another day, for he had been cursed by the Golden Grail.”
The ride then ends and guest leave.

delaney_piratesdrop.jpg

Attraction Tittle: The Curse of the Golden Grail; I chose this name because it ties the song into the tittle and it accurately portrays the main story. The title also has the ability to interest guest into learning more about the attraction and curse. Main reason: appeal.

Surrounding land: The remainder of Adventureland is influenced by the rides presence, not only is it the icon of the skyline (for Discovery Cove and Adventureland) but it’s story is enhanced through the town. The tie is similar to Mt. Everest and its surrounding are, except here there are signs that ask guest to stay away from the mountain, some facades advertise the mountain. And the streetmosphere is set on spreading the legend to further tempt guest.

Well that’s all for now! See ya’ next time!

danjen2331

Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirate Mountain

This will be a new log flume for Shanghai Disneyland Park. There will be 4 show scenes and 3 drops, including one very large drop. The first show scene will be of quiet Port Royal at night, here you see Jack Sparrow sitting by himself near the Black Pearl. After the first drop you see Port Royal being attacked. You see Elizabeth Swan and William Turner as well as Jack Sparrow. You then go up a large lift hill surrounded by projections of water and the ocean. When you level off, the song “Skulls and Crossbows” is playing. You go between two ships: Jack Sparrow’s and Barbossa's as they fight for the gold. Right before you go down the large drop, you witness Jack and Barbossa in a sword duel. At the base of the drop you meander through some jungle before entering a cave where Jack is sitting on a pile of gold celebrating while the song “He’s a pirate” is playing.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@Sam4D23 - Interesting idea! I like how you gave it a different storyline. Not what you'd expect.

I also liked how you made the rest of adventure land work with the attraction.

I wish you included some of the classic characters though, it's kind of expected with Pirates.

Overrall, great job! I just wish you had some classic characters in there.

@danjen2331 - I don't know about changing the boats to log fume. You kind of expect that.

I like what you did with the characters and story. It feels like you really made the movies come together.

Overall, great job on this!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 19 Results

1st - 3 points - @danjen2331
2nd - 2 points - @Sam4D23
3rd - 0 point -@jdmdisney99
4th - 0 points - @Zweiland
5th - 0 points - @ctxak98
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points -@Matt7187
8th - 0 points - @Voxel
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@danjen2331 gets the advantage of 3 points!

The Scoreboard
1st - 27 points - @danjen2331
2nd - 23 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 21 points - @Zweiland
4th - 18 points - @ctxak98
5th - 10 points - @
englanddg and @Matt7187
6th - 9 points - @Voxel
7th - 8 points - @
MA Screamin' and @Sam4D23

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 20

Pick A Short, Any Short!

Walt%20Disney%20Studios.jpg

Welcome to Walt Disney Studios Paris!

Your goal here today is to make a new, nice little addition to Walt Disney Studios Paris based on a Pixar Short!
forthebirds.jpg

You can only pick one short, don't go to crazy. Just a nice experience.

Attraction, restaurant, gift shop, I'm letting you pick!

Due Tonight at Midnight.

Sam Magic

I've got time, but this will not be as detailed as I normally do.

Short: La Luna

Storyline: The ride is like a more peaceful and tolerable version of IaSW, guest get inside their own 'skiff' and sail around the cosmos. It's calm and peaceful, perfect to just sit back and relax in a unique environment. It's facade is designed to appear like a classical Roman street corner and it's located in the current location of the Aladdin Carpets...so it is within a larger Pixar Place.

Pixar Place: I know I said I would not really go all out, but this is more for the environment that La Luna is located in. Pixar Place is remodeled to resemble a larger version of it's Florida counter part, all the rides stay the same with the addition of Ratatouille and La Luna. This renovation adds better thematic detailing to the overall park and creates a unique environment that is worth of the Disney name.

Well that's all for now! See ya' soon!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Challenge 20

Pick A Short, Any Short!

Walt%20Disney%20Studios.jpg

Welcome to Walt Disney Studios Paris!

Your goal here today is to make a new, nice little addition to Walt Disney Studios Paris based on a Pixar Short!
forthebirds.jpg

You can only pick one short, don't go to crazy. Just a nice experience.

Attraction, restaurant, gift shop, I'm letting you pick!

Due Tonight at Midnight.
Mikes New Car.

Your invited to take a ride in Mike's new car on a wacky trip full of blunders and surprises. The ride will take guest on a test ride through Monstropolis where they will encounter many scenes from the film all controlled by the zany behavior of Mikes car. In one segment the Windshield wiper with turn on and spray the guest with a bit of water. Or the jet engines will "engage" and rocket the car forward. It will be fun for every member of the family.

Matt7187

Really, since this is based on a short, I will make this short (pun intended). My idea is based on the short lifted. It is a very basic idea, since I feel truly that no short deserves an E ticket attraction if it couldn't even be made into a full length feature. So what I would like is a spinner with space ships that you sit in, with the big ship in the middle. Just a quick, fun ride for the little ones and the adults.

Sam Magic

Red just a question but with the fantastic diversity in proposals how will you grade them? I imagine it hard to compare a restaurant to a ride or show it's like comparing Apples to Banana's and strawberry's.

also @ctxak98 the judge in me cant help but noticing your submission is late by around 21 minutes.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@Sam4D23 - I thought this was a really cool idea! La luna is really a beautiful short. I like how you made it fit the film, just peaceful and fun!

Pixar Place was a nice touch as well.

Overall, Great job on this!

@Voxel - Like what you did here! I like how you got effects in there, with the windshield wipers and engines.

Overall, Great idea!

@Matt7187 - I like how you used Lifted, it was good to use something basic.

Overall, neat! A spinner would be great!

@ctxak98 - Cool idea for Pixar Place!

I'm glad you chose entertainment, it really brings more death in theming to the area.

Overall, Great Job on this!

Sam Magic

I keep forgetting the tine difference. It was 11:22 where I am. And @Sam4D23 do you always have to nitpick something each challenge!? Sorry the observer in me has observed you do this quite often! Lol
It was that time for me too; I'm NOLA, but the submissions are due Midnight ET. This happened to me earlier as well. Red in future comps can you change the time to either midnight CT or remind us that it's due Midnight ET?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 20 Results
1st - 3 points - @Sam4D23
2nd - 2 points - @ctxak98
3rd - 1 point - @Voxel
4th - 0 points - @Matt7187
5th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @danjen2331
8th - 0 points - @Zweiland
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@Sam4D23 gets the advantage of 3 points!

The Scoreboard 1st - 27 points - @danjen2331
2nd - 23 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 21 points - @Zweiland
4th - 20 points - @ctxak98
5th - 14 points - @Sam4D23
6th - 10 points - @
englanddg and @Matt7187 and @Voxel
7th - 8 points - @
MA Screamin'

ctxak98

It was that time for me too; I'm NOLA, but the submissions are due Midnight ET. This happened to me earlier as well. Red in future comps can you change the time to either midnight CT or remind us that it's due Midnight ET?
Its not that is was late but I would prefer @MonorailRed to say something to me because she is judging my proposal! Im not mad just irritated!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 21

Simba, It's to Die For!

t3hz.jpg

Welcome to Disney's Animal Kingdom!

You know, the Festival of the Lion King is moving to Africa, and Africa's going to be pretty busy with that and Kilimanjaro Safaris!

Let's make it even busier with Avatarland Coming along… Let's make an E-Ticket!

Yep. Your challenge is to make a new E-Ticket for Africa.

No rules really, just make it inventive and creative! Please, nothing with Lion King. To Obvious of a E-ticket.

stampede-scene-lion-king-o.gif

Due at Midnight EST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom