Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 18

DisneyQuest on Vacation?

65525974.jpg

Well, it is around the resorts, so …. Welcome to Disney's Aulani!

Today, You have a big project ahead if you. You know, I've always liked the idea of DisneyQuest. An indoor, interactive, theme park.

Well today, we're bringing it to Aulani! (A bit better and more successful, of course. Better theming, possibilities are endless.

So, you goal is to make a Hawaiian DisneyQuest pretty much. Make it work with the story of Aulani, add or subtract games. Add more family fun to the Aulani experience!

Due tonight at Midnight.

Last edited:

Zweiland

Critiques

@Matt7187 - I find it interesting what you did here. It's a mini Tower of Terror. I like the idea the it's a funny instance and not something scary. This ride really works with the area well to. City-ish Toontown, Toontown Towers. Works for me!

Overall, Great job on this!

@jdmdisney99 - I don't know how I feel about adding another ride based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I was kind of hoping everyone would try to stray away from that.

But, as a ride I enjoy the idea! It sounds like a fun attraction and a nice addition to Toontown.

Overall, nice idea!

@Sam4D23 - Great idea! It sounds like something fun! I'm not sure about a thrill ride in Toontown though.

If you did a a Port in Toontown over there, I'd be interested to see Duffy in that area (In a gift shop of something), with his presence overseas.

@Zweiland - I like the ride! It sounds like a cool idea!

I really like the ride system itself! Brilliant for choosing what you want in the ride!

I'm not sure about the storyline for younger guests though. I know who Gyro Gizmo and the Beagle Boys are, because I watched DuckTales. Kids today probably won't know who they are.

Overall, love the technology and the theme, but I'm not sure younger guests would enjoy it as much as People who have watched Disney Afternoon shows in the past.
Most kids don't know who Roger Rabbit is either... ;)

Thanks for the helpful critique!

jdmdisney99

Challenge 18: Welcome to DisneyQuest Hawaii!
For this Challenge, I will be adopting @TRF 's concept of listening to music while reading the proposal. Please listen to the following...

Challenge 18

DisneyQuest on Vacation?

65525974.jpg

Well, it is around the resorts, so …. Welcome to Disney's Aulani!

Today, You have a big project ahead if you. You know, I've always liked the idea of DisneyQuest. An indoor, interactive, theme park.

Well today, we're bringing it to Aulani! (A bit better and more successful, of course. Better theming, possibilities are endless.

So, you goal is to make a Hawaiian DisneyQuest pretty much. Make it work with the story of Aulani, add or subtract games. Add more family fun to the Aulani experience!

Due tonight at Midnight.
Logo...

Location (map not to full scale)...

Description...
Now, when I first heard of DisneyQuest, an indoor theme park, the idea sounded just awesome. I mean, it's a theme park indoors! But I've never been, once I found out it was simply a dated assortment of video games spread throughout a multi-level building. So, in my over-arching plan for a hostile take-over of Disney and taking my rightful place as CDO (Chief Dictating Officer) I mean, in my concept for all DisneyQuests (that's right, they'll be franchised somewhat as originally planned) the "parks" won't be purely based on virtual experiences, but more the attraction and entertainment aspect. In DisneyQuest Hawaii you will find 10 levels. Some highlights of the "park" follow.

• Polynesian Voyage - Take a boat ride around the Hawaiian Islands in a thatch canoe, encountering bubbling volcanoes, evil gods, singing tikis, and more. The main part of this attraction, which makes it interactive, is the water gun that each guest has to use. They are locked in so they can only be pointed away from the boat (which in itself is a new take, more on that later), and are used by guests to shoot at and cool lava (which "hardens" when hit) as it approaches the boat. The boats are similar to rafts used in rapid rides, as in circular vessels. However, in the Polynesian Voyage, the guests seats are facing outwards, so they can easily shoot lava.
  • Soarin' Over the Pacific - This is a new take on Soarin', as it involves a story taking guests on a wild flight above Polynesia. The Hawaiian god, Maui, beckons you to capture the Sun for him as it is night time, so he casts you into the sky. Guests soar over active volcanoes, bustling ports, plantations and more as they venture towards the sun. In the end they either grab the sun and continue on a scenic descent to leave the Sun with Maui, or they are unable to reach the sun and they return to land where Maui forgives them and decides he must try again soon (this leads to slight experience variability).
  • Mount Kīlauea: Eruption! - This would be a drop/launch ride out the top of Mount Kīlauea, an indoor rock structure taking up all ten levels, as it "erupts". Even with such a small building, the repetitions and the constant, quick, up and down motions of the vehicle create a high sense of thrill.
  • Mount Kīlauea: The Journey Within - This would be a new hanging roller coaster within Mount Kīlauea. The story is that guests have been recruited to find a new mineral recently reported to be buried extremely deep within the volcano's lava rock. It has such brilliant qualities that it can cure the world's major diseases and relieve Earth's fuel situation. Guests board Class 2200 Retrievers and dive into the mountain. At one point, they recah the bowels of the lava cavern. As they feel the heat of the lava press on their faces, their Retriever grabs the mineral needed (according to a robotic, on-ride narration). They continue on as the 'cano starts to erupt, going past the launch tower, and barely escaping the mountain as heat surrounds them.
Remember, those are just some of the attractions available at DisneyQuest Hawaii. Surely, this indoor theme park will attract a lot more visitors to stay at Aulani.

We hope you choose to visit DisneyQuest Hawaii next time you venture to the Hawaiian Islands! See you then!

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Welcome to Pali-Ahi Mountain!

Pali - Ahi Mountain is an all new interactive experience located as Disney's Aulani Resort and Spa; here bring your imagination to life in the heart of a volcanic mountain.

Map:
r7qa9u.png

6j0h1x.png

Park Map:
op5u03.jpg

We will begin on the first floor. Upon entering the first floor you will learn that the building is divided into three 'lands': Discovery, Adventure, and Tomorrow. The first floor is more of an entrance and communal gathering place. The large feature here is Lake Kai which can be viewed from all levels. It also holds Around the Plate which is a mix of 25 quick service restaurants that serve world cuisne from 25 different nations (Brazil, America, Mexico, England, France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Morocco, Russia, India, Japan, China, Australia, Poland, Norway, Canada, Iceland, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Israel, Ireland, South Korea, and Argentina) Next were off to Discover everything this place has to offer.

photo+6bis.jpg

Discovery:
This level is one with many unique rides and shops. The first attraction here is Tink in Tink; this attraction is geared more towards kids. They embark on paper mache birds and go on a journey through time seeing mans greates achievements and discoveries. These include: Electricity, The car, cells, DNA, The Eiffel Tower, the Train, Concrete (yes concrete), The Ocean liner, Plane, TV, and the Internet. Also here is a small little space where kids will be encouraged to create their own inventions so work spaces and 'tools' will be provided.

Next is Da Vinci lab; this area is dedicated to the inventions of Leonardo Da-Vinci. Guest begin their journey inside his helicopter design and then travel through todays world if his inventions were popular and created.

20,000 Leagues is the former WDW version.

Adventure:
On this level guest will be able to journey out into an un-known world. This area sports the same design as Adventureland in DL and WDW, but only holds two rides. These rides are World Bazaar and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

World Bazaar is a unique ride that takes guest through our bazaar world. It starts off in the African Savannah and Galapagos Island, then Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Australia. It showcases unique things in those areas from man made creations to nature made and the species in between.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is the same as the one in Disneyland

Tomorrow:
Welcome to the Future! This area takes after the planned Syfy City and creates a futuristic world for as all. The first ride here is The People Mover which will go over the entire level giving guest a different view of the world of tomorrow.

The next is Giz'e; this is a small shop that sells futuristic items and even gives guest a chance to try new technologies.

The last is Trip to the Moon. TttM is a futuristic trip to a moon colony; after visiting you head back to earth only to make a wrong turn and end up at Mars. There you will see the teraformation of the red planet to finally head back home. This ride is filled with laughs for the whole family and a unique view of what the future may look like.

Well that's all for now! See ya' next time!

Last edited:

Matt7187

Ok, here is how I got my concept for DisneyQuest Hawaii. Every time I listen to what a friend thought of their vacation to Alauni, they ALWAYS tell me they were disappointed that there was no theme park. I disagree with them, saying that a huge park would ruin the natural beauty of the resort. So I came to the conclusion that an indoor park would be the perfect solution. So I will be adopting an idea that Team Magic used in The Sorceror's Apprentice, (which was made by me, @WED99 and the rest of the crew). This will not be like the DisneyQuest in Orlando, an outdated 5 floor arcade, but a real virtual theme park that YOU design. Yes, you design it, kinda. You pick attractions you want in your park on you Apple device or computer at home, or from the touch screens at the complex. Also, you have the option of picking a remade park, either a custom pre-made one or a real park from around the world. Then, once you have a park set, you will get on a simulator which is shown below:

http://www.virtuix.com/

Check out the site, it is amazing technology. A huge 5 story building would house tons of these simulators. This new and improved DisneyQuest will start a rage, and cities all across the world will now try to get Disney to make one in their city, and start the chain that they always imagined. But for the time being, all those vacationers/gamers will have to come to Alauni to experience this groundbreaking technology and have A Great Time Without the Lines.

Sam Magic

Ok, here is how I got my concept for DisneyQuest Hawaii. Every time I listen to what a friend thought of their vacation to Alauni, they ALWAYS tell me they were disappointed that there was no theme park. I disagree with them, saying that a huge park would ruin the natural beauty of the resort. So I came to the conclusion that an indoor park would be the perfect solution. So I will be adopting an idea that Team Magic used in The Sorceror's Apprentice, (which was made by me, @WED99 and the rest of the crew). This will not be like the DisneyQuest in Orlando, an outdated 5 floor arcade, but a real virtual theme park that YOU design. Yes, you design it, kinda. You pick attractions you want in your park on you Apple device or computer at home, or from the touch screens at the complex. Also, you have the option of picking a remade park, either a custom pre-made one or a real park from around the world. Then, once you have a park set, you will get on a simulator which is shown below:

http://www.virtuix.com/

Check out the site, it is amazing technology. A huge 5 story building would house tons of these simulators. This new and improved DisneyQuest will start a rage, and cities all across the world will now try to get Disney to make one in their city, and start the chain that they always imagined. But for the time being, all those vacationers/gamers will have to come to Alauni to experience this groundbreaking technology and have A Great Time Without the Lines.
I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but this is re-using a submission that was used formerly in another ICS/ACS comp. Not sure if that is allowed in this comp, but nonetheless glad to see this idea get some new life.

Matt7187

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but this is re-using a submission that was used formerly in another ICS/ACS comp. Not sure if that is allowed in this comp, but nonetheless glad to see this idea get some new life.
If that is for whatever reason, please tell me @MonorailRed so I have some time to change it, but I don't think I should have any problem with it.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

If that is for whatever reason, please tell me @MonorailRed so I have some time to change it, but I don't think I should have any problem with it.

Well, you re-used a concept earlier from you final submission in Sorcerer's Apprentice. So, I don't really see a problem with this...

Sam Magic

Well, you re-used a concept earlier from you final submission in Sorcerer's Apprentice. So, I don't really see a problem with this...
The concept I used was a personal creation made by myself and the characters were placed in a very different setting, we helped Matt earlier with his proposal and I can't help but feel a bit cheated as in part his proposal is more of an idea made by the team. I am not trying to degrade his proposal in any way, but I do feel that it's cheating to a certain degree.

Alas you are the host and so if it does not bother you it does not bother me.

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - I like what you did here! you really brought DisneyQuest to a new level! Polynesian Style!

Polynesian Voyage and Soarin' over the Pacfifc sound like great additions to the resort. Really fits in well.

For some reason, your Mount Kilauea rides sounded like they wouldn't fit with DisneyQuest. When I think DisneyQuest, I think technology and video games, and a lot of it. Mount Kilauea: Eruption sounds fun! Not something you'd expect from DisneyQuest, but it'd fit! It sounds more like a basic drop ride and Mount Kilauea: The Journey Within sounds like a nice little rollar coaster in a normal theme park, not DisneyQuest.

Overall, great ideas! I'm not sure if it fits with the whole DisneyQuest idea. (But if you become the Chief Dictating Officer, Amazing job! Brilliant! Now, if you'd like someone to give Epcot a makeover… ;))

@Sam4D23 - Nice Mountain! I wish you made it more involved in the story of DisneyQuest Hawaii though.

I also don't know about 25 different Quick Service Restaurants, seems a bit much.

I wasn't a fan of Tink in Tink. It sounded, a bit to educational, not fun that'd you want to see at DisneyQuest. Da Vinci lab and World Bazaar was interesting though!

I wish you did something different then 20,000 Leagues, PeopleMover and Temple of Doom. Even thought they're great rides, it wasn't original, there wasn't even a twist. Kinda wish you did something with this.

SyFy city sounds like an interesting twist. I like it! Trip to the Moon sounded fun!

Overall, it was interesting, but it didn't wow me with something different.

@Matt7187 - I always thought this was a cool idea! Very cool idea for Alauni!

I wish you added some food and shop options, you know to make a bit more of a day experience.

Overall, Neat idea! I really like it!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 17 Results
1st - 3 points -@jdmdisney99
2nd - 2 points - @Matt7187
3rd - 1 point - @Sam4D23
4th - 0 points - @Zweiland
5th - 0 points - @ctxak98
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @Matt7187
8th - 0 points - @Voxel
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@jdmdisney99 gets the advantage…

The Scoreboard
1st - 23 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 21 points - @
danjen2331 and @Zweiland
3rd - 18 points - @ctxak98
4th - 10 points - @englanddg and @Matt7187
5th - 9 points - @Voxel
6th - 8 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 6 points - @
Sam4D23

jdmdisney99

Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - I like what you did here! you really brought DisneyQuest to a new level! Polynesian Style!

Polynesian Voyage and Soarin' over the Pacfifc sound like great additions to the resort. Really fits in well.

For some reason, your Mount Kilauea rides sounded like they wouldn't fit with DisneyQuest. When I think DisneyQuest, I think technology and video games, and a lot of it. Mount Kilauea: Eruption sounds fun! Not something you'd expect from DisneyQuest, but it'd fit! It sounds more like a basic drop ride and Mount Kilauea: The Journey Within sounds like a nice little rollar coaster in a normal theme park, not DisneyQuest.

Overall, great ideas! I'm not sure if it fits with the whole DisneyQuest idea. (But if you become the Chief Dictating Officer, Amazing job! Brilliant! Now, if you'd like someone to give Epcot a makeover… ;))

@Sam4D23 - Nice Mountain! I wish you made it more involved in the story of DisneyQuest Hawaii though.

I also don't know about 25 different Quick Service Restaurants, seems a bit much.

I wasn't a fan of Tink in Tink. It sounded, a bit to educational, not fun that'd you want to see at DisneyQuest. Da Vinci lab and World Bazaar was interesting though!

I wish you did something different then 20,000 Leagues, PeopleMover and Temple of Doom. Even thought they're great rides, it wasn't original, there wasn't even a twist. Kinda wish you did something with this.

SyFy city sounds like an interesting twist. I like it! Trip to the Moon sounded fun!

Overall, it was interesting, but it didn't wow me with something different.

@Matt7187 - I always thought this was a cool idea! Very cool idea for Alauni!

I wish you added some food and shop options, you know to make a bit more of a day experience.

Overall, Neat idea! I really like it!
Thanks, but DisneyQuest shouldn't be purely restricted to virtual rides IMO. I think it should be small, indoor theme parks for places not feasible for a whole resort. Just what I think, but I get where you're coming from. :)

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 19

Dead Men Tell No Tales

midy.jpg

Welcome back to Shanghai Disneyland!

Today, we're actually working with concept art.

delaney_piratesdrop.jpg

I'll get right to it. Your job today is to give the ride experience/layout for Pirate Mountain!

It's not the craziest
challenge you've done, but, this is a different layout. And, I'm letting you guys do what you want to the ride, all you have to do is keep the drop and the elements in the image above.
Due tonight at Midnight.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom