Around the Resorts in 30 Days

danjen2331

The Midpoint Challenge
This new land at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will transport you back to the Ole South, after the Civil War and during the Reconstruction. You will visit plantations, the smoky mountains, and the streets of Savannah Georgia.
The though process for coming up with this land was simple, Liberty Square leads to Frontierland, so Frontierland should lead to (simple American History Lesson here...) the Civil War/Reconstruction. So now I present to you:

Dixie Country
The map:
6.jpg

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railway
The ride layout will remain the same; however the story and queue will change completely. You know approach the ride shaded under large trees leading to a Manor house of a plantation. Once you enter you wind through the house until you go the basemen. Here you learn you are at the loading station to the Big Thunder Mountain Railway, which is an under construction railway through the Smoky Mountains. Along the ride you listen to different African-American work songs.
5.jpg
4.jpg

2. Splash Mountain
The ride remain very similar however the mountain exterior will look grassier, like Tokyo’s Splash Mountain. The Briar Patch shop next door will be rethemed to a small Southern Plantation house.
3.jpg

3. The Old South
A dark ride about the Southern USA before, during, and after the Civil War. Guests visit a large Plantation getting to see a large extravagant party until it is suddenly interrupted by the Civil War starting… (Think Gone with the Wind). There would then be some somewhat scarier scenes taking you through an army camp and near a battlefield. You then witness the destruction of the war and see the reconstruction beginning.
7.jpg

4. Train Station
5. Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island

a. Mama’s Home cooking (QS)
A Soul Food restaurant on the shores of Rivers of America.
2.jpg

b. Little Back River Café (TS)
An upscale sit down restaurant that features American Cuisine with a southern flare.
1.jpg

Sam Magic

The Midpoint Challenge
This new land at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will transport you back to the Ole South, after the Civil War and during the Reconstruction. You will visit plantations, the smoky mountains, and the streets of Savannah Georgia.
The though process for coming up with this land was simple, Liberty Square leads to Frontierland, so Frontierland should lead to (simple American History Lesson here...) the Civil War/Reconstruction. So now I present to you:

Dixie Country
The map:
View attachment 39007
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railway
The ride layout will remain the same; however the story and queue will change completely. You know approach the ride shaded under large trees leading to a Manor house of a plantation. Once you enter you wind through the house until you go the basemen. Here you learn you are at the loading station to the Big Thunder Mountain Railway, which is an under construction railway through the Smoky Mountains. Along the ride you listen to different African-American work songs.
View attachment 39008 View attachment 39009
2. Splash Mountain
The ride remain very similar however the mountain exterior will look grassier, like Tokyo’s Splash Mountain. The Briar Patch shop next door will be rethemed to a small Southern Plantation house.
View attachment 39010
3. The Old South
A dark ride about the Southern USA before, during, and after the Civil War. Guests visit a large Plantation getting to see a large extravagant party until it is suddenly interrupted by the Civil War starting… (Think Gone with the Wind). There would then be some somewhat scarier scenes taking you through an army camp and near a battlefield. You then witness the destruction of the war and see the reconstruction beginning.
View attachment 39013
4. Train Station
5. Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island

a. Mama’s Home cooking (QS)
A Soul Food restaurant on the shores of Rivers of America.
View attachment 39011
b. Little Back River Café (TS)
An upscale sit down restaurant that features American Cuisine with a southern flare.
View attachment 39012
As a Southerner I approve this proposal! Absolutely phenomenal and really captures Southern charm, food, and culture! Well done!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hey guys, major storms hit here last night, and I finally got the power back on...

I'll have to postpone critiques and scores for an hour... But I'll post today's Challenge now...

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 17

Welcome to Toontown!

g2b0.jpg

Welcome back to Tokyo Disneyland!

I'm just going to get right to the challenge.
7096499707_7a48fa5549_o.jpg

Your job is to create a new attraction that fits into Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown!

The only rule really is you can't use Roger Rabbit in it. I'll say it again, go crazy in this challenge!

Due tonight at Midnight.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - Interesting Idea adding New Orleans to the Magic Kingdom! I was a little worried at first it'd be extremely similar to Disneyland's, but I think you pulled it off in a way to give it it's own style.

Your Big Thunder Mountain Railroad update really keeps the rock work a big part of the attraction, and it'd still probably fit if you saw it from Frontierland. Really enjoyed this!

Trolly sounds great. I loved the ride system they worked on and something similar would really be great to this area. I like the storyline for this as well.

Thank you for keeping Splash Mountain the same, it's a classic. I like how you added greenery though to make it fit!

Interesting idea working with Tom Sawyers Island! The fort change was a cool take on the classic Fort!

Adding the Princess and the Frog in some way was kind of expected with New Orleans Square. I like what you did here though! It doesn't really mess with the Rivers of America, and it makes a great show for the area. Plus, Tiana's Place sounds like a perfect fit as well.

The Bayou Paths and Parc des Angels really add to the place. So do the quick service locations you created. Plus moving the Riverboat here really brings the area together.

Overall, great idea! Really enjoyed this!

@MA Screamin' - I like how you didn't change much to Big Thunder Mountain, but made it fit to the area as a transition! I also like how you didn't mess with Splash Mountain much, just some greenery.

Black Falls and Rover Valley Expeditions sounds like a great addition to the area! I wish you included more information on it, though.

The Mountain Explorers Club sounds great! It being similar to the Adventure's club got me into this! The dining options sound great as well!

Spirits of the Wilderness sounds like a nice addition to the area as well.

Overall, Interesting idea. it kind of reminded me of Frontierland, even though it isn't Wild Wild West. It had that, western exploration theme to it. I don't know if it's so different to be called another land.

@Sam4D23 - I'm a Doctor Who fan, and I'd love to see Doctor Who incorporated someday in the Parks, trust me. But I'm not sure that adding it to the Magic Kingdom in this way is the way to go in adding it to the parks. I'm also not sure about Port Discovery.

It just seems like something for Tomorrowland or something near Tomorrowland. I don't know how the transition would work.

I like what all you added if it was on the other side though! For some reason, it just didn't fit with me where it is in the area of the park.

Overall, I just didn't think it'd work well with the area. It seemed too different from Adventureland and Frontierland to work well.

@ctxak98 - I like how you explored winter in the parks! Brilliant! Geyser Valley was an interesting twist on Big Thunder, and the Sleigh ride adds to the area.

I don't know about what you did with Splash Mountain, though. It is a classic, and you'd have to have an amazing ride to get rid of it. Even though it sounded great for the area, it didn't sell getting rid of Splash Mountain for me.

Overall, Interesting idea! Really enjoyed this take! Not sure about your Splash Mountain overlay though.

@Zweiland - The Inca Empire?! Interesting move! It seems like a mix of Frontier and Adventureland, almost.

I was worried with Dreamworks about El Dorado. Still am, but the ride sounds great! I'm not sure if it's enough to get rid of Splash Mountain though.

I like your take on Big Thunder Mountain, interesting! Awesome story to it!

Uca Pacha sounds like an interesting ride. Not sure about having the underworld at The Magic Kingdom though, then again…

toad_hell.jpg

Anyways,

The Pachacuti sounds like a great railroad station, and adding the Railroad diorama's are always a plus!

Overall, interesting idea! I really enjoyed it!

@danjen2331 - Dixie Country sounds like a great addition!

I like your take on Big Thunder Mountain! Interesting idea adding it to the Smokey Mountains! I like what you did with Splash Mountain as well.

The Old South really is a great addition to Dixie country as well! It really screams the south.

Mama's Home cooking and the Little Back River Cafe sound like great additions to this area.

Overall, Fantastic job! Really great proposal!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Midpoint Challenge Results
1st - 3 points - @danjen2331
2nd - 2 points - @ctxak98
3rd - 1 point - @Zweiland
4th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99
5th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
6th - 0 points - @Sam4D23
7th - 0 points - @Matt7187
8th - 0 points - @Voxel
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

With the Advantage being one point above 1st place, that takes @danjen2331 to 1st!

The Scoreboard
1st - 21 points - @danjen2331
2nd - 20 points - @jdmdisney99 and @Zweiland
3rd - 18 points - @ctxak98
4th - 10 points - @englanddg
5th - 9 points - @Voxel
6th - 8 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 3 points - @Sam4D23
8th - 2 point - @
Matt7187

Last edited:

ctxak98

Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - Interesting Idea adding New Orleans to the Magic Kingdom! I was a little worried at first it'd be extremely similar to Disneyland's, but I think you pulled it off in a way to give it it's own style.

Your Big Thunder Mountain Railroad update really keeps the rock work a big part of the attraction, and it'd still probably fit if you saw it from Frontierland. Really enjoyed this!

Trolly sounds great. I loved the ride system they worked on and something similar would really be great to this area. I like the storyline for this as well.

Thank you for keeping Splash Mountain the same, it's a classic. I like how you added greenery though to make it fit!

Interesting idea working with Tom Sawyers Island! The fort change was a cool take on the classic Fort!

Adding the Princess and the Frog in some way was kind of expected with New Orleans Square. I like what you did here though! It doesn't really mess with the Rivers of America, and it makes a great show for the area. Plus, Tiana's Place sounds like a perfect fit as well.

The Bayou Paths and Parc des Angels really add to the place. So do the quick service locations you created. Plus moving the Riverboat here really brings the area together.

Overall, great idea! Really enjoyed this!

@MA Screamin' - I like how you didn't change much to Big Thunder Mountain, but made it fit to the area as a transition! I also like how you didn't mess with Splash Mountain much, just some greenery.

Black Falls and Rover Valley Expeditions sounds like a great addition to the area! I wish you included more information on it, though.

The Mountain Explorers Club sounds great! It being similar to the Adventure's club got me into this! The dining options sound great as well!

Overall, Interesting idea. it kind of reminded me of Frontierland, even though it isn't Wild Wild West. It had that, western exploration theme to it. I don't know if it's so different to be called another land.

@Sam4D23 - I'm a Doctor Who fan, and I'd love to see Doctor Who incorporated someday in the Parks, trust me. But I'm not sure that adding it to the Magic Kingdom in this way is the way to go in adding it to the parks. I'm also not sure about Port Discovery.

It just seems like something for Tomorrowland or something near Tomorrowland. I don't know how the transition would work.

I like what all you added if it was on the other side though! For some reason, it just didn't fit with me where it is in the area of the park.

Overall, I just didn't think it'd work well with the area. It seemed too different from Adventureland and Frontierland to work well.

@ctxak98 - I like how you explored winter in the parks! Brilliant! Geyser Valley was an interesting twist on Big Thunder, and the Sleigh ride adds to the area.

I don't know about what you did with Splash Mountain, though. It is a classic, and you'd have to have an amazing ride to get rid of it. Even though it sounded great for the area, it didn't sell getting rid of Splash Mountain for me.

Overall, Interesting idea! Really enjoyed this take! Not sure about your Splash Mountain overlay though.

@Zweiland - The Inca Empire?! Interesting move! It seems like a mix of Frontier and Adventureland, almost.

I was worried with Dreamworks about El Dorado. Still am, but the ride sounds great! I'm not sure if it's enough to get rid of Splash Mountain though.

I like your take on Big Thunder Mountain, interesting! Awesome story to it!

Uca Pacha sounds like an interesting ride. Not sure about having the underworld at The Magic Kingdom though, then again…

toad_hell.jpg

Anyways,

The Pachacuti sounds like a great railroad station, and adding the Railroad diorama's are always a plus!

Overall, interesting idea! I really enjoyed it!

@danjen2331 - Dixie Country sounds like a great addition!

I like your take on Big Thunder Mountain! Interesting idea adding it to the Smokey Mountains! I like what you did with Splash Mountain as well.

The Old South really is a great addition to Dixie country as well! It really screams the south.

Mama's Home cooking and the Little Back River Cafe sound like great additions to this area.

Overall, Fantastic job! Really great proposal!

Trust me when I say I had a really hard time letting go of Splash Mountain. There just was no way of making it fit the theme I wanted to challenge myself with! Ahh but I agree its a classic and my 5th favorite ride in all of WDW!

MA Screamin'

Yeah, I wish I could've explained stuff more, but I ran out of time. Thanks for the critique!

Voxel

President of Progress City
I am gonna have to throw in the towel, I am stretch to my max right now. I am working 10/11 hour work days with a 2 hour commute. With that and trying to find time to get my over competition down, I am maxed out.
Good luck to everyone.

Matt7187

Welcome to Toontown Towers! This a thrilling, but tame family thrill ride in Toontown.

Facade: It is a colorful, cheery hotel like building that embraces the architectural style of Toontown.

Ride System: It is a tower of terror ride system, yes, I said tower of terror for a family ride

Queue: You enter the lobby where you will see a zany hotel, with an interactive AA Minnie behind the check in desk. Think TOT almost, but no cobwebs and colorful. Also, before entering the building, you will walk around the gardens outside the hotel.

Preshow: You enter the library, and Mickey flickers up onto the screen, and welcomes us to Toontown Towers, where visitors can stay when visiting Toontown. He tells us we will be entering a "magical" elevator car, and be touring the hotel.

Ride Experience: Once you enter your elevator shaft, you go up one floor, then stop. Then the magic kicks in, moving you through the hallway, so you can see what is going on. This is a floor with rooms, and you can see the messes Huey, Dewey, and Louis made in their room, to the money everywhere is their uncles room. You will enter another shaft at the end of the hallway, which you will go up another floor, then leave the shaft. After exiting, you turn the corner and see a restaraunt. There are various characters eating, and you can smell the wafering scents of spaghetti and other foods. Then, you enter the shaft, and turn around. You see goofy messing with an electrical plug, saying "what does this do?" Then, BAM! you drop 75 feet, hearing goofy yelling and other characters concerns. Then, you make it to safety. Finally, you survived a trip through Toontown Towers.

With sight gags abound, and hilarity ensuing, Toontown. towers mixes thrills and laughs with state of the art thecnology and makes a classic ride that will become a tradition for the whole family to ride.

jdmdisney99

Challenge 17: Valiant Detective Agency
Challenge 17

Welcome to Toontown!

g2b0.jpg

Welcome back to Tokyo Disneyland!

I'm just going to get right to the challenge.
7096499707_7a48fa5549_o.jpg

Your job is to create a new attraction that fits into Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown!

The only rule really is you can't use Roger Rabbit in it. I'll say it again, go crazy in this challenge!

Due tonight at Midnight.
Welcome to the newest ride in Toontown! This ride is based around the character Eddie Valiant and his detective agency. Guests enter a cartoonized version of his agency, actually his agency's Toontown Branch rather than a main office. Then, visitors are told they are going after Judge Doom, as Eddie believes he is about to destroy downtown Toontown with the Dip. Next, they board into old fashioned cars, given a cartoon flare (like below but as a cartoon)
155695-image002.jpg

Like this...
Classic-Car-Cartoon.jpg

They go speeding through the streets running into classic characters like Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Snow White, Baby Herman, etc. Suddenly, the Dip-Mobile pulls in front of our vehicle and we crash. At this point, Judge Doom appears around the car and threatens us. He begins to pour Dip towards us when a gun shot is heard, the bullet hitting Doom's hands and saving us from the Dip. Eddie Valiant appears and apprehends the Judge, un-masking him and holding him over the vat of Dip as our vehicles continue to unload.

We hope you choose to ride with the Valiant Detective Agency next time you visit Toontown in Tokyo! See you then!

Sam Magic

Welcome to The Port of Greater Toontown!
This will be a brand new area closest to Tokyo bay; it is all centered around a new dark and thrill ride Donald's Cruise Disaster! The ride begins with the boarding of passengers onto the W.E.D Daisy everything is going great until Donald takes a 'wrong turn' and ends up take the guest all around the world. The trip finally ends with a peaceful resolution when the ship makes it back to TDL. Another area added here is a small restaurant: Pete's Seafood Place. It is there that uniquely Cajun food will be served. The architecture in this area will fit in beautifully with he surrounding town and add more depth to this Toontown! Well that's all for now! See ya next time!

Zweiland

I don't have much time, so here's my rather short proposal for Challenge 17.

The new ride will be located next to Gadget's Go Coaster, replacing the Chip n' Dale treehouse. It will be called Gyro's Gizmos! Guests will enjoy a wild outdoor ride through a small field showcasing the crazy inventions of Gyro Gearloose, in a vehicle of his own design! At the end of the ride, the Beagle Boys will try to steal Gyro's Duplicator so they can counterfeit money. However, they are no match for Gyro's cunning assistant, the lightbulb!

The ride system is rather unique. Have you ever seen a one wheeled motorcycle?

image.jpg

The wheel rotates, but not the inside. I'm going to combine that technology with the ride system of this ride I found:

image.jpg

This ride system rotates the guests upside down inside a wheel. HOWEVER-- in my version, the guests will be able to control whether they rotate or not. Kind of like controlling the height on Dumbo. This way, the thrill junkies and the toddlers will be able to enjoy the same ride.

If you are under the height requirement for vehicle rotation, your vehicle's rotation capabilities will be automatically turned off.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@Matt7187 - I find it interesting what you did here. It's a mini Tower of Terror. I like the idea the it's a funny instance and not something scary. This ride really works with the area well to. City-ish Toontown, Toontown Towers. Works for me!

Overall, Great job on this!

@jdmdisney99 - I don't know how I feel about adding another ride based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I was kind of hoping everyone would try to stray away from that.

But, as a ride I enjoy the idea! It sounds like a fun attraction and a nice addition to Toontown.

Overall, nice idea!

@Sam4D23 - Great idea! It sounds like something fun! I'm not sure about a thrill ride in Toontown though.

If you did a a Port in Toontown over there, I'd be interested to see Duffy in that area (In a gift shop of something), with his presence overseas.

@Zweiland - I like the ride! It sounds like a cool idea!

I really like the ride system itself! Brilliant for choosing what you want in the ride!

I'm not sure about the storyline for younger guests though. I know who Gyro Gizmo and the Beagle Boys are, because I watched DuckTales. Kids today probably won't know who they are.

Overall, love the technology and the theme, but I'm not sure younger guests would enjoy it as much as People who have watched Disney Afternoon shows in the past.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 17 Results
1st - 3 points - @Matt7187
2nd - 2 points - @Sam4D23
3rd - 1 point - @Zweiland
4th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99
5th - 0 points - @ctxak98
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @Matt7187
8th - 0 points - @Voxel
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@Matt7187 gets the advantage of 3 points!

The Scoreboard
1st - 21 points - @
danjen2331 and @Zweiland
2nd - 20 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 18 points - @ctxak98
4th - 10 points - @englanddg
5th - 9 points - @Voxel
6th - 8 points - @
MA Screamin' and @Matt7187
7th - 5 points - @
Sam4D23

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom