Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MA Screamin'

This is strange, but I'm curious, tell me if you guys think the intro sounds like something Jony Ive would say. As I was writing it, I just starting sidetracking and picturing this as a Apple keynote... yeah. :hilarious:

Also note that (N) will represent something new, and (C) will signify something that's been changed.

The following below is under construction. Please pardon its' appearance!

* * *​

We at Walt Disney Imagineering created a huge challenge for themselves by deciding creating a new land out of Frontierland, using Splash and Big Thunder Mountain as the only attractions being carried over. But as Imagineers, we're up to that challenge. Trying to capture the wonder of the wilderness, and add that Disney flair, welcome to Wilderness Point!

Wilderness Point is a tribute to the explorer at heart, with so much excitement and wonder that guests are sure love this new addition to the Magic Kingdom! Let's see what it as to offer!

Big Thunder Mountain: (C) (Now going by the name of the Thunder Caverns)

The incredible, redesigned queue will make a nice transition between Frontierland and Wilderness Point. Surrounding the Caverns are geysers like the ones found in Yellowstone or Yosemite, that will hop to and from their mounds and even getting guests a little bit wet, and signs that other explorers like us have set up shop. We soon find that apparently incredible amounts of precious crystals and stones have been found, and explorers have tried and tried again to get some for themselves. Some have, but some, well, not so much.

Opposed to a train, guests will take mine carts to and from the mountain, as we venture to see remarkable stalagmites and shining crystals. We're so happy that we've found what we're looking for, but there's one little problem: how do we get back? Guests will swerve and turn around the mountain, going both backwards and forward to find their way back!

Splash Mountain: (C)

This classic attraction is barely being touched, but a helpful change is being made to help better fit the theme. The surrounding queue and decor will make the attraction look as if it takes place in a forest, and not entirely in a Western setting. That's all that really needs to be said, as this wonderful attraction won't be changed (and I feel that's good, 'cause as a side-note, it might be my favorite attraction on resort).

Black Falls and River Valley Expeditions: (N)
Since this is a land themed to exploration, guests can adventure on two amazing treks at Wilderness Point!

1. Black Falls: Early explorers were and still are so intrigued by the beautiful, cascading waterfalls that is Black Falls, and of course, they wanted to see what they could find. But, be warned: one wrong move, and you'll be bear food. A new dark ride will let guests do so, and we follow the footsteps of those men. This ride uses trackless vehicles, so guests can spin and better take on the sights and sounds of the beautiful falls and surrounding forest. Portions

The Mountain Explorers' Club: (N)

The Mountain Explorers' Club was an organization set up by three pioneer explorers in the time of Lewis and Clark and other great explorers. The club which has lasted for the past two hundred years is still accepting new members, and is inviting you to come and stop by! Hear whimsical tales of the legends the club's uncovered, and what exactly have they found!

The actual club is like a classic rustic lodge found in various American states, and should feel very cozy. Think a countryside cabin, with hunting memorabilia and a warm fireplace. Kind of like the ol' Adventurers' Club.

Two dining options are available at the Club:
  1. Bluejay Corner: This Disney take on a classic steakhouse will serve lunch, dinner, (foods like burgers, seafood, and of course steaks) and classic American deserts, like deep dish brownies, and apple and blueberry pie. For the adults, great beers and martinis/cocktails, along with mocktails and other drinks for the younger ones (think like the stuff at Carsland and Gaston's Tavern, but themed properly of course).
  2. Adventurer's Treats: This snack kiosk outside of the Club will, of course, offer snacks, like pizza, ice creams, churros, etc.
Spirits of the Wilderness: (N)

Native Americans have ruled over Wilderness Point for hundreds of hundreds of years, and have maintained a peaceful relationship with explorers. So, every night they allow the visitors join them in worshiping the gods and spirits above. So, guests can join around the fire every night before Wishes! Stories from their culture will be shared, as live music is played. Incredible visuals will go along with the show, as they are projected on to Black Falls.

There you have it, an incredible new land for the Magic Kingdom, and a journey the family will never forget, at Wilderness Point!​

Last edited:

ctxak98

I'm taking JDM's ways of the wise and editing my post as I go along. So, I don't have a name or anything, but I'm planning a land themed like Yosemite National Park (it's not actually a park, but it's going to have the natural features, etc.) As of story, it's still being developed.
Mine is not that park, but honestly its about nature so.....yeah lol

MA Screamin'

I guess I should claim my idea since that's what we do nowadays! But My idea is on the Northern Woods and Mountains of Alaska....So basically the Arctic! Its the "Northern Expedition" !! stay tuned for more to come later!

Yeah, I have a feeling that our ideas are going to clash this challenge. It's not a bad thing, just I think we're going to have similar concepts this time around. Just a warning, let's say, I don't know :p

Sam Magic

Okay I'm posting mine early because i will not be on again for a while. Going to the Saint's game :happy:
Okay so here it is:

e1S3yapEnp5cb337p58Zz_QyIKTLnvZzwoQ7RdHWmbrCw8n0UfsHx-bkqO7g16F5mMtmWkYQbpdPSZ4kwzpt-ZNBfRVAfXchGG1vzoD2n5SCQEpfF7bnaDYEZg

Welcome to Discovery Island The Magic Kingdom’s newest land! Here you will be able to discover all sorts of things; from Gallifrey to the depths below we have you covered!

Map:
wSLS1nGe-ClNNYfyUpv7K3KxVIsZ5buBC8xfEN6jwc-894-DCCI88ZWML-1Vkjp--HBYv9qMLconpZ_i8a5d_Qt48eRHVdmK5FA7sj2aPdT2g2lABw3QD2BFEA

The land is divided into two areas; Gallifrey and Port Discovery. Each of these areas adds a new layer of fantasy, adventure, new frontiers, new inventions, and recollections from the past to the Magic Kingdom and ensures the parks continuation as a place for families for generations to come. I will go through and detaily describe each area beginning with:

PORT DISCOVERY:

Here your journey to the center of Jules Verne's mind begins! The first prominent feature you will find is this area's architecture. It will be a combination of Discoveryland (DLP) and Port Discovery of (DLT). The star attraction is ‘Flight to the moon’. This ride is based on the 1902 film A Trip to the Moon by Georges Melies. During this ride you will travel to the moon the Edwardian way. It will be a classic dark ride and each scene will be a prominent scene in the film. The best part of this attraction is that it is a silent one. The only audio is the music loop which is directly from the film. The next feature of this area is ‘Water Racers’. In this ride guest will be able to race each other while riding in steampunk styled boats. Each boat will hold two guest and will feature water guns mounted on top to spray guest with (ride guest only). Two ordinary shops will be located here and a quick service restaurant . These shops and restaurants will continue the Jules Verne theme. Next it’s off to Gallifrey.

uRXCjESNSblBFIMrW3KjYrfZkaKjd5D5lVcao4Nv8F_17NmgneqOe0Sx45KbL1zTdBnNzBZuhvDpzX7iDTvrc2diTJuuzxYnhuYAKl5Xd6Nvb2NP6mLq12x8Ew

large_a_trip_to_the_moon_blu-ray_x03.jpg

GALLIFREY:

Welcome to the planet of the Timelords! Here you can explore the Citadel of the Timelords. For the non-whovians out there Gallifrey is the home planet of the Doctor. It was their that he was raised. The Time Lords were an advanced humanoid society that had mastered the art of time traveling and held advanced technology until The Great Time War it was during this war that The Time Lords fought another civilization (The Daleks;and almost wiped out the universe) until the Doctor used the moment which wiped out Gallifrey and the Daleks. Before that Gallifrey was:

“The shining planet of the seven systems...the second sun would set in the south and the mountains would shine. The leaves on the trees were silver and when the sun would hit them they looked like a burning forest. The sky was orange and the ground a dark red; and there in the center of it all was the Citadel of the Time Lords.” - The Doctor

That’s what will be brought here. As you can see from the map the Citadel is next to TMR. Sense the nature of Gallifrey seems to be orange in red new mountain that surround the Citadel will blend in with TMR. Outside the Citadel a forest of silver leaved trees will be placed to create a strong Gallifreyan feel. Inside the Citadel two attractions will be located. The first is ‘The Time War’ this is a Whovian twist to SM. This attraction will take guest through the thrilling Time War starting with the fall of Paul McGann (Eighth Doctor) and the rise of the War Doctor (John Hurt) and continue to the end when the War Doctor uses the moment. The last attraction here is Time Lord academy. This is like Jedi Training academy only you are training to become a Timelord. At the end of this you will receive the opportunity to look into the Time Vortex and receive your own ‘TARDIS’. The costumes in this area will be tailored to Gallifreyan fashion.

6zzjoDG8abjgraU-sv3XXCyOa22RUyUXODTaZINDlzcHhfNTgLfDB7aioJ9k1XBj_1YO68myEBBEMiK7FpLD7TV_GhVRlZK1Px1zSgsPXyjX82x7kpVJPt97UQ
Well that’s all folks! See ya next time!

Matt7187

I'm really sorry guys, but again, I can't post anything tonight. So much has been going on in my life, both good and bad, and I had to prioritize. Hopefully, this week I will be in full charge, racing up the leader board. Starting from the bottom, then getting there.

ctxak98

Welcome to "The Northern Expedition". This new mini-land is all about the northern woods. This land is somewhat of an adventureland and some somewhat of frontierland. Its a combination with a new climate to explore.....WINTER! This land will be transformed into the Alaskan Woods. The whole land will be covered in a snow overlay to make it seem like winter and snow covered trees and mountains.
800px-Moraine_Lake_17092005.jpg

images.jpg

There will be a few new things happening to this land including 3 Attractions
-Mountain Lion peak
-Geyser Valley
-Tundra Sleigh Ride

1 Resteraunt
-Reindeer Lodge Resteraunt

and 1 gift Shop
-The Christmas Shack

Lets start with the Attractions!
1.) Mountain Lion Peak- This new version of Splash Mountain has the same track layout but the look of the mountain will change to the look of Alaska(not like Everest). The Mountain will be modeled after Mount Recheshnoi with its near by geyser field. This ride will be a trip through the mountainside in a canoe. the canoe will also fit 6 people. The Ride tells the story Native American have told for many years about Mountain Lions inhabiting the Mountain! Your Journey starts off peaceful and quiet as you pass by wildlife. Along the way you start seeing tracks of Mountain Lions and you enter the cave where the Mountain Lions are lurking. This ride climaxes at the top of the peak where you wake the mountain Lion about to pounce on you. The end leads you back into the village where you started.

imagesCADQEYKU.jpg

imagesCAD81DFH.jpg

2.) Geyser Valley- This ride is just an over theme of BTM giving it an arctic look to it by changing color and snow. The Hot Springs here are much more alive and are the main focus of geyser Valley. This runaway train takes you through a dig site that is supposed to not have had geyser problems for many years but for some reason, on your journey something goes wrong! Breaking track and forcing you to take an abandoned track back, makes for a rickety return. You eventually return back to base and safely exit the geyser springs. Instead of T-Rex Fossil, the T-rex will become a Wooly Mammoth and there will be Mountain Goats all over the valley.

3.) Tundra Sleigh Ride- This ride will take you on a mid-paced adventure through the dark north woods at night. You enter a sleigh which fits 8 to a sleigh, with two horse AA's that pull you through the Heavy snow. This is a calm family ride that passes by large amounts of Wildlife. (Part indoor and part outdoor). The ride passes animals such as Wolves, Caribou, Elk, Brown Bear, Wolverine, Moose, Arctic Fox, and a Lynx. (Smaller Dark ride with effects such as snow and cold weather to really make it feel like winter.

imagesCAOE36RJ.jpg

The town will be very outdoorsy feeling and a small community. The shop will be a one of a kind Christmas Shop, with unique ornaments and decorations.

the Main eating area is "The Reindeer Lodge Restaurant". This restaurant is themed to the Great Outdoors of Alaska and Is a cabin Feeling dinging experience. With large windows looking out over the water and the forest!
imagesCAHG1DS2.jpg

Well that's my idea for an expansion in that area. I didn't do my best work on this but I feel like the idea is cool. And could probably fit in AK too! But yeah Hope you like it!

Zweiland

CHALLENGES 15 & 16: THE MIDPOINT CHALLENGE
@Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge

Challenges 15 and 16

or, as I like to call it.

The Mid Point Challenge

Welcome back to the Magic Kingdom! A theme park I think you all know a bit to well.

You have Main Street USA, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland, which has just gone through some major changes.

And where our focus is today, Frontierland!

Yes, yes, Frontierland. When you enter, it's known for classics like the County Bears and the Mark Twain River Boat.

Then there's some big attractions on the other side. Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain.

If you look at it, it a little sectioned off, don't you think?

Your goal is today is to take some of the most classic attractions in Frontierland and take them out.

Yep, take them out of Frontierland.

Gone.

Well, not really.

Since it's so sectioned off, you see, the real goal is to keep these attractions, while making a new land at the Magic Kingdom.

Yep, an entirely "new" land. With these Tony Baxter classics! :D

Crazy? Yes. Weird? Yes. How do you work in Big Thunder without Frontierland? I'm not entirely sure.

The rules are:

No, I repeat, NO Critter Country. I don't want a frontier mini-land or a Western River Expedition knock off. I want to see how far you guys can stretch this.

You can add what you like to the attractions to make it fit, but you can't git rid of the Mountains.

You can add other attractions and dining as well.

Use what space you want, except your land can't go past the bridge to Splash Mountain into Frontierland.

Good Luck. (Seriously, Good Luck)

Due Sunday at Midnight EST.
The Sabotage
@jdmdisney99 sabotaged me with this!
@jdmdisney99 I present to you....
Advantage: Wild Wild West

So, it's only logical that since your trying to steer away from a Frontierland theme that Sabotage would be having to use just that!

So, you get to pick a contestant, that has to use something from old, Western River Expedition concept art, to use in their design :D

Possibly the hardest sabotage yet! Now how was I supposed to create a non-western themed land with concept art from the Western river expansion? Well, you'll see.

The Solution
THE INCA EMPIRE

I propose for the area surrounding Splash and BTM an entire land based on the Inca Empire!

The Inca Empire.JPG

Now in the sabotage, you said I only had to use SOMETHING from the concept art. I took that to mean that I don't have to use everything in the image. :D

So, from this:

DIME-STORE-NOVEL-POSTERS.jpg

To this:

Andes concept art.JPG

Sure looks like the Andes Mountains to me!

The Attractions
JOURNEY TO EL DORADO
The headliner of the land, JtED will be the new version of Splash Mountain. It will be a flume ride (of course) telling the story of the hunt for the mythical city of gold.

15 years or so back, there was a Dreamworks movie about El Dorado. Disney will avoid lawsuits by sticking to the original legend, with none of the new characters that Dreamworks introduced. If worst comes to worst, they can always buy the property (we have an unlimited budget, right?).

In the Edgar Allen Poe poem "Eldorado", we hear this:

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied—
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

That's the description of the journey that this ride will follow. The part about "Down the Valley of the Shadow" will be the big drop at the end. The arrival in El Dorado will be what is currently the riverboat scene.

Legendary-Lost-City-Of-Gold-El-Dorado.jpg

MESSENGER
MOUNTAIN
The Inca used quipus, or knotted threads on a ring of rope, to record information and carry it from one place to another.

Inca_Quipu.jpg

The premise of this ride, replacing Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, is that you are an Inca messenger and you have to carry an urgent message to the emperor. The emperor's palace is on the other side of the mountains, however, so it'll be a long, hard journey! If you don't make it to the palace in time, it will result in an unnecessary human sacrifice.

UCA PACHA
This is a dark ride using the Kuka arm ride system about the journey to the Inca Underworld, or Uca Pacha. In Inca mythology, one must pass many obstacles to complete their journey to the land of the dead. Spirits are guided by a black dog.

THE PACHACUTI
A Pachacuti was the royal estate of an Inca emperor. The new train station will be located here, as well as a restaurant serving traditional Inca foods such as chunu (potatoes) and choclo (corn).

RAILROAD DIORAMAS
The Disneyland dioramas will finally arrive in WDW! Along with Primeval World and the Grand Canyon, there will be a rainforest diorama.

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

gcd038177LARGE.jpg

IMG_0333.JPG

jdmdisney99

CHALLENGES 15 & 16: THE MIDPOINT CHALLENGE
@Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge

The Sabotage
@jdmdisney99 sabotaged me with this!

Possibly the hardest sabotage yet! Now how was I supposed to create a non-western themed land with concept art from the Western river expansion? Well, you'll see.

The Solution
THE INCA EMPIRE

I propose for the area surrounding Splash and BTM an entire land based on the Inca Empire!

View attachment 39000

Now in the sabotage, you said I only had to use SOMETHING from the concept art. I took that to mean that I don't have to use everything in the image. :D

So, from this:

DIME-STORE-NOVEL-POSTERS.jpg

To this:

View attachment 39001

Sure looks like the Andes Mountains to me!

The Attractions
JOURNEY TO EL DORADO
The headliner of the land, JtED will be the new version of Splash Mountain. It will be a flume ride (of course) telling the story of the hunt for the mythical city of gold.

15 years or so back, there was a Dreamworks movie about El Dorado. Disney will avoid lawsuits by sticking to the original legend, with none of the new characters that Dreamworks introduced. If worst comes to worst, they can always buy the property (we have an unlimited budget, right?).

In the Edgar Allen Poe poem "Eldorado", we hear this:

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied—
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

That's the description of the journey that this ride will follow. The part about "Down the Valley of the Shadow" will be the big drop at the end. The arrival in El Dorado will be what is currently the riverboat scene.

Legendary-Lost-City-Of-Gold-El-Dorado.jpg

MESSENGER MOUNTAIN
The Inca used quipus, or knotted threads on a ring of rope, to record information and carry it from one place to another.

View attachment 39005
The premise of this ride, replacing Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, is that you are an Inca messenger and you have to carry an urgent message to the emperor. The emperor's palace is on the other side of the mountains, however, so it'll be a long, hard journey! If you don't make it to the palace in time, it will result in an unnecessary human sacrifice.

UCA PACHA
This is a dark ride using the Kuka arm ride system about the journey to the Inca Underworld, or Uca Pacha. In Inca mythology, one must pass many obstacles to complete their journey to the land of the dead. Spirits are guided by a black dog.

THE PACHACUTI
A Pachacuti was the royal estate of an Inca emperor. The new train station will be located here, as well as a restaurant serving traditional Inca foods such as chunu (potatoes) and choclo (corn).

RAILROAD DIORAMAS
The Disneyland dioramas will finally arrive in WDW! Along with Primeval World and the Grand Canyon, there will be a rainforest diorama.

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

gcd038177LARGE.jpg

IMG_0333.JPG
Oh loopholes... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom