6th - 9 points - @
Voxel
7th - 8 points - @MA Screamin'
8th - 3 points - @Sam4D23
9th - 2 point - @Matt7187

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Could you post a map of the land we can use? Also why did you give it to us so early?

I gave it extra time, because this is a big challenge. It's two challenges in one, really.

I'm confused. So we have to take out SM and BTM? And what land can we use? :confused:

Should have been more specific. Sorry about that!

So, you have to keep SM and BTM in the area. And turn it into a new land with these two rides.

And you have all of this to work with.

l88i.png

I am also confused! We have to change the land but at the same time not change it while changing it!? Lol so lost!

Actually, Yes.

Keep the two mountains. Make a new land out of it. Theme what you want. You can even make the mountains fit your theme.

jdmdisney99

So, it's not Frontierland, but a new land featuring Splash and BTM. Can we change the aesthetics of the rides while leaving the track/flume layouts?
Also, do I have an advantage?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So, it's not Frontierland, but a new land featuring Splash and BTM. Can we change the aesthetics of the rides while leaving the track/flume layouts?

Correcto!

I'd prefer you try to keep as much of the classic as you can. But, I never said you couldn't. And I did say you could add to the ride. Make what you will out of that. :D

Also, do I have an advantage?

Yep, hold on.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Guy's I would just like to point out that both Ctax and Jdm have used the Lonesome ghosts after I used them. I understand I have no ownership of them, but as an imagineer I feel like my work is being taken in some way.

The way I see it, there is no way to prove that they copied your idea. Therefore you are assuming that risk simply by posting earlier in the day. *shrug*

I personally don't even read other competitor's proposals before submitting my own. I don't want to be subconsciously or consciously influenced.

So should I get penalized for turning something in 12 minutes late (which was that way because I was typing the submission) yet two members that use an idea similar to mine after I posted mine should not be?
The fundamental difference is that it can be proven that your submission was late (and "typing it" isn't really an excuse, you could have at least asked for an extension). It cannot be proven that jdm and ctx copied your proposal. It's on their honor.

As they say, innocent until proven guilty. So unless one of them confesses, I don't think @MonorailRed should penalize them.
again....how is this similar to my idea!? I am sorry but its not anywhere close to this!

I did indeed NOT copy your idea. lol. Sorry if it seems that way!? I am slightly confused I honestly haven't even read yours yet. I honestly just wanted them to be in it since day 1!!!! They are awesome characters, along with headless Horseman and Sanderson sisters....sorry! Plus @MonorailRed used them in the Challenge post so I figured it was fair game!

again....how is this similar to my idea!? I am sorry but its
not anywhere close to this!

Exactly. They were used in the challenge post and our ideas have nothing to do with yours except for the characters. When I read the challenge post at first, I knew I wanted to use them in a new way to update Tokyo, so I put them at the end. Again, I have no idea where you're coming from, Sam.

I also use the same standards as @Zweiland most of the time. I try and avoid previous posts, which I did yesterday.

Will-Smith-Thinking-As-The-Fresh-Prince-Of-Bel-Air.gif

I miss one night of the contest...

zac-efron-high-school-musical-troy.gif

Anyways... @Sam4D23 - So, It's all fair game. Plus, they did do it differently your idea of them in the dining hall.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
@jdmdisney99 I present to you....

Advantage: Wild Wild West

So, it's only logical that since your trying to steer away from a Frontierland theme that Sabotage would be having to use just that!

So, you get to pick a contestant, that has to use something from old, Western River Expedition concept art, to use in their design :D

tmesapc.jpg

wrebandits.jpg

western+river+5+b.jpg

3794f_western%2Briver%2B6.jpg

DIME-STORE-NOVEL-POSTERS.jpg

jdmdisney99

Challenge 15/16: Welcome to New Orleans Square!

Welcome to New Orleans Square! The name may seem familiar, but the land is very different from Disneyland's classic area. I chose this theme because I wanted to keep the area around the Rivers of America themed to America. This area will integrate the bayou and the French quarter, as well as slightly retheming some old favorites. Join me will you?

photoEscudo_ZAC_Sierra_de_Organos_Ac_sierradeorganos.jpg

1. Bonaparte Mountain Railroad - Big Thunder Mountain receives a new name to tie in with New Orleans (get it, Bonaparte = blown apart), but maintains the runaway trains. It also obtains some cosmetic updates like slightly differing rock-work and greenery as seen above.

1196-new-orleans-streetcar-365.jpg

2. Trolley Tracks - This is a new family attraction using the ride system developed for the Toontown Trolley simulator at DHS in the '90s (combination of sets and screens). It begins as a slow, leisurely ride in a New Orleans trolley through the French quarter. Suddenly, a voodoo doctor hexes the trolley when she is yelled at by the trolley driver to get off the street. Then, the trolley goes on a rough ride zooming through the streets, even breaking off the track and floating through the bayou, then finding their way back onto land. In the end, they drive by the voodoo queen again, and the attendant pleads for her to reverse the curse, which she does and we return to unload.

TDL_Splash_Mountain.jpg

3. Splash Mountain - This attraction remains basically the same, sans the new greenery placed on and around the mountain as in Tokyo. It is based on "The Song of the South", so it fits as a cartoonized version of the bayou.

New_Orleans_Concert_Hall_and_Garden_Spanish_Fort.jpg

4. Bayou Bay - This area replaces Tom Sawyer Island and is themed to the bayou of the Louisiana Delta. The island receives a multitude of new vegetation. The caverns and fort remain. However, the fort is rethemed (as seen aboove) as a former fort, that was originally occupied by the French. Then, however, it was occupied by the Spanish, English, Confederates, and finally the US. This makes it a very skewed fort featuring a lot of different style architecture, languages and weapons.

SHOWBOAT-CONCEPT-ONLY_998.jpg

5. Tiana's Showboat Showcase - This show has a basis in the show in Disneyland, but is much more grander, has a boat of its own, has a substantial seating area, and contains some different show elements. These differing elements include cartoonish grass/foliage in the water acting as stages for puppeteers (for Ray, frogs) and live characters (Madame Odie, Dr. Facilier, Louis etc.). Fireworks are also leunched from these platforms.

frontierland_train_station.jpg

6. Walt Disney World Railroad - The current station remains with some new shrubbery added and a new sign, as it could easily pass for an over water bayou bungalow.

10637-5.jpg

7. Bayou Paths - This area is very lush and green and is what guests first encounter when entering the land. Cool sounds of forest animals can be heard, as well as occasion reprises in the distance of "Evangeline" and "When We're Human".

1-new-orleans-city-park-ellis-c-baldwin.jpg

8. Parc des Angels - This would be a lush park area for guests to wander around a natural fountain in the middle of the French quarter.

tianas-palace.jpg

a. Tiana's Palace - The table service restaurant from "The Princess and the Frog" finally makes its way to a Disney park, and serves only exquisite food that Tiana would approve of. A show stage is placed in the main dining room, where a live jazz band plays.

61D44243F04F42ED8576A8BA187B418E.jpg

b. NO Freight Market - This is a brand new quick service location place right on the tracks of the Walt Disney World Railroad in the French quarter. Snacks and small meals are served as if they were just delivered off the train's freight cars.

LouisianaTour203.JPG

c. Jambalaya John's - This is a down-home cooking quick service restaurant in the bayou serving jambalaya, craw-fish, gumbo, and more just as guests enter the land.

642523.jpg

* Merchandise - French quarter shops sell unique merchandise and are themed to the quaint yet amazing stores scattered around New Orleans.

423135417_0d0dc9991e_o.jpg

Pearl of the South River Boat
(dock located at top of land in new harbor area on map) - The Liberty Belle receives a new name and dock, as the New Orleans theme fits a steamboat completely better than 18th century colonial America.

New_Orleans_Square_2.jpg

Street Performers - Performers perform in the street...Just kidding. Artists from many prospects perform their favorite jazz tunes on the smoothest instruments known too man.

We hope you choose to visit New Orleans Square at the Magic Kingdom! See you then!

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Like my fellow competitor I will also claim certain things. I claim Doctor Who, Jules Verne, DLP Discoveryland, and steam punk.

jdmdisney99

You're right. You can't "claim" an idea. I am simply stating this now so nobody thinks I copied them later. Im not saying "I claim New Orleans so nobody else can use it!" In fact, it would be fun for somebody else to do it too. Just so nobody accuses me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom