Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MA Screamin'

(Taking these words of wisdom, I'm gonna go for a short, but meaningful submission, but wish me luck. ;))

***​

Taking the essence of the classic Country Bears show, and bringing it the new Grizzly Gulch, please welcome to Hong Kong - Casey and Wilbur's Jamboree!

Guests enter what seems to be a saloon or a Western lodge, but we seems find it's the refuge of the Grizzly Gulch Miners' Association. As guests enter the theater and the scene is set for the show, we hear a representative welcoming you, and brings up the concerns that involve the mountain, and apologizes if you have ran into any trouble with two trouble-making bears. They say to quick back and relax though, as the problem is going to try to be solved.

After the man finishes, we find whispers coming from behind the curtains, and those bears, whose names are Casey (the papa bear) and Wilbur (the younger bear). They say that they didn't meet to cause any trouble, and they were trying to go about their daily lives, and just, y'know, maybe caused a little trouble. They say that they're going to try to make it up to you, along w/ the rest of their family. As from there, we are introduced to Casey and Wilbur's family, and each member or group has their own little act, that maybe doesn't play out as you'd except (mischief by other animals and maybe a few mistakes will be found here and there.) Singing, dancing, witty jokes, make this show dynamite (and sometimes literally) and will leave the whole family hand clapping and toe tapping!

There you have it: a great new family attraction for Grizzly Gulch! And hey, what do 'ya know, my submission's finished on time! :D

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When will the results be posted?
Same @MonorailRed Time, same @MonorailRed channel.

batman-robin-running.gif

(grin)

Tomorrow morning, I suspect.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@Sam4D23 - Interesting idea adding the Chicken Dumpling Gang! Adding some bears the the mix can only by funny.

Overall, great idea!

@Matt7187 - I don't know about keeping the classic bears. I don't think they'd work with the area. I like the old songs and the idea for new bears, though!

I don't know about you choices of the "Disney Bears". It kind of just seemed like a bunch of Bears in the Disney company smashed together. No really big theme to this that ties into Grizzly Gultch.

Overall, interesting idea keeping the old music and classic charters, but I think the addition of the famous disney bears brought it down in this case.

@jdmdisney99 - I like what you did with the restaurant! It kind of reminded me of Trashin' the Camp meets Country Bears. It works really well in that area!

It fits the theme with the Mine Cars, and it really adds to the theming of the area with the storyline as well!

Overall, great job! It fits perfectly!

@MA Screamin' - I seriously love what you did here! It fits well into the area.

The original characters with that Country Bear Flair really brought this together!

Overall, Great job on this! I really enjoyed it!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 11 Results
1st - 3 points - @MA Screamin'
2nd - 2 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 1 point - @Sam4D23
4th - 0 points - @Matt7187
5th - 0 points - @Zweiland
6th - 0 points - @danjen2331
7th - 0 points - @ctxak98
8th - 0 points - @Voxel
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@MA Screamin' your Advantage is 4 extra points.

The Scoreboard
1st - 17 points - @Zweiland
2nd - 15 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 10 points - @englanddg
4th - 9 points - @
Voxel and @danjen2331
5th - 8 points - @
ctxak98 and @MA Screamin'
6th - 2 points - @Matt7187
7th - 1 point - @Sam4D23

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 12

Gift Shop

Tokyo_Disney_Sea_Mountain.jpg

Welcome to Tokyo DisneySea!

I know what your thinking, there's so much to experiment with here! It's so creative! So what big project are we doing today?

Well, we're designing a Gift Shop.

Yep. A Gift Shop.

The rules are simple. Put it in the American Waterfront, Mysterious Island, or Port Discovery. Make it fit with the area. Don't tell me what merchandise is going to go in there though. That's for the Merchandise Team to decide.
tokyodisneyseaenglishmap2.jpg

I give you advice. Not a requirement.

Remember, the floorspace is mostly for the guests and the merchandise. Everything over their heads is seriously yours to work with as well.

Retail_8feet_Up.jpg

Due tonight at Midnight.

Sam Magic

Captain Nemo's Nick Nacks
Located in Port Discovery this new shop allows guest to purchase unique Disney merchandise and discover a thing or two. The shop is located next to the DisneySea Electric Station, there you will find an interactive adventure waiting for you. Upon entering guest will discover a world of Discovery, a unique jumble of levitating lanterns dot the domed ceiling and everywhere you look maps, compasses, and steam-punk inventions wait to be found. The main attraction here though is the Nauticus which houses interactive scavanger hunt and allows an entrance to the valcano in Mysterous island. So enjoy yourself and go discovering!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Random comment, I like how on some of these threads you make a comment about ride technology and everyone jumps down your throat about being blinding by Disney and not knowing what I am taking about.

ctxak98

Challenge 12

Gift Shop

Tokyo_Disney_Sea_Mountain.jpg

I know what your thinking, there's so much to experiment with here! It's so creative! So what big project are we doing today?

Yep. A Gift Shop.

The rules are simple. Put it in the American Waterfront, Mysterious Island, or Port Discovery. Make it fit with the area. Don't tell me what merchandise is going to go in there though. That's for the Merchandise Team to decide.
tokyodisneyseaenglishmap2.jpg

Remember, the floorspace is mostly for the guests and the merchandise. Everything over their heads is seriously yours to work with as well.

Retail_8feet_Up.jpg

Due tonight at Midnight.

For Challenge 12 I decided to make a gift shop based off "Journey to the Center of the Earth". I think this attraction is great (seeing as my adventureland idea took inspiration from it!) and deserves a gift shop that is connected to the theme. so My Gift Shop will be located in Mysterious Island.

Tokyo_DisneySea_Mysterious_Island_View_201306.jpg

This Gift Shop will be known as "Excavation treasures". The store itself is going to sell very earthy and natural one of a kind items like Rock and wood sculptures, jewelry with gems and crystals, and rocks in general will be available. (also along with some unique Disney items related to the attraction!)
stone-crystal-quartz-purple-rock.jpg

Scolecite-322967.jpg

The gift shop will be located inside a nearby cave all themed rockwork and crystals. the crystals much like the ones in the ride will be huge and glow vibrant colors. Throughout the cave will be certain holes in the walls for guests to see through but not in guests reach! One of the Mine drilling machines will go over and around the gift shop every few minutes giving the life like feel of being underground and people really excavating for gems. When the mining machine stops there is a slight earthquake and small magma cracks fill the floor(new technology embedded in ground similar to twinkle star ground at epcot and etc...) giving the effect of lava beneath guests
EB9073-001.jpg

These elements give the gist shop a very unique experience and feel but the most unique aspect of this Gift Shop is the rock hunt. Some stores like The pirates gist shop will let guests make a bag of rocks and buy them. At Excavation Treasures, there is an interactive cave system where guests of all ages can go and pick there own gems. Along this cave system attached to the gift shop is waterfalls and crystals. the rocks themselves will be in numerous containers spread throughout which are hidden and disguised to look like rock or crystals in the rockwork. Kids of all ages are sure to have fun collecting there own rocks in a crystal filled cavern.
Amazing-Waterfall-Cave-Nature-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

article-new-thumbnail_ehow_images_a07_q0_pk_types-crystal-rocks-800x800.jpg

That's my idea! Finally able to post again! I have had so many good ideas for past challenges and haven't been able to get my idea done it makes me so mad! Oh well hope you like it!

Matt7187

Welcome to Captain Quincey's Curios! This new gift shop in American Waterfront near the old ship will have all the rage from colonial America. Here, you can find exotic tea, ships in a bottle, and old newspapers. This shop would be on a street corner in American Waterfront, looking truly like a building out of Assassin's Creed 3. The cashiers would immerse random guests, especially children, in the shop so much more by telling a story to everyone and singling out a certain person who helps act it out, and then gets a little trinket for participating. This gift shop/ show experience will be a place families always visit to get souvenirs for family members, and to learn a little bit more about colonial American culture.

jdmdisney99

Challenge 12: Welcome to Old North Church
Old-North-Church-crcs083.gif

This new shop in the American Front harkens back to colonial Bostson, Massachusetts, when minutemen sat waiting for word on the regulars' actions. At night, from outside the gift shop, guests can see two lanterns residing high up in the steeple, signaling the network of patriotic messengers of the red coats' movements.
two-lanterns-in-the-belfry-of-the-old-north-church-signalling-paul-revere-ride-1775.jpg

A statue of Paul Revere stands tall outside. Little reference is made to Revere in the shop. In reality, he would have been little recognized for his middle-class marking, and he wouldn't be as famous now if it weren't for the famed poem. He also wasn't the only messenger. Meanwhile, inside the store, maps (of the messengers routes), documents (Declaration, Constitution, etc.), engravings (Boston Massacre, more) hang on the walls, and the whole area is very angelic. Stained glass windows line some walls, and an altar type are stands at one end as a checkout. The rafters are very high and majestic as in an everyday meeting house/church. Another area containing very exclusive merchandise at extremely low rates is placed under the church, only accessible by giving a Cast Member a secret code of the "Sons of Liberty".
220px-2006Boston007.jpg

This shop accompanies the addition of a new Liberty Tree Tavern (w/ a Liberty Tree), a Liberty Bell, a new hybrid of American Adventure and Hall of Presidents, and a new harbor area featuring colonial British ships (and a boatload of tea crates floating in the water below one ship that looks decrepit).
boston-tea-party-3.jpg

We hope you visit the new colonial additions to American Waterfront soon! See you then!

Zweiland

CHALLENGE 12: GIFT SHOP- @Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge
Challenge 12

Gift Shop

Yep. A Gift Shop.

Due tonight at Midnight.

The Solution
We're here in Port Discovery!

DSC02415.JPG

It looks to be a very well themed land, as is the rest of TDS. I knew I was going to have to create something VERY good to fit in with the rest of the attractions here.

Port discovery has a general "steampunk" theme. So I thought, why not create a little shop that sells contraptions such as complex clockwork automatons? Also, that shop should be meticulously themed to be like something right out of a steampunk alternate universe. Presenting...

THE GIZMOLOGIST'S CONFABULATIONS

True to its whimsical name, Gizmologist's has a whimsical feel right from the beginning. When you first walk in you pass through a foyer that takes elements right from this scene in Back to the Future. Skip to 0:30--

Clocks... Clocks everywhere. :D

Following @MonorailRed's suggestion about hanging stuff from the ceiling, this airship will circle above suspended by a wire. Every now and then it will let out a large puff of steam.

1600x1170_21061_Airship_concept_3d_fantasy_junkyard_steampunk_airship_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Moving gears will line the walls.

67363189_640.jpg

The Cast Members will wear costumes that make them look like they have mechanical prosthetic arms.

Steampunk-falksen.jpg

As well as buying merchandise such as simple automatons and mechanical-themed cell phone cases, figurines, and model planes, guests will be able to pose for a photo op in THIS:

steampunk-color-screenres.jpg

Pretty cool, right?

I hope you enjoyed this submission. To conclude, I'm going to show you a few pictures of the merchandise, even though @MonorailRed told us not to focus too much on it. (I have some extra time on my hands. You don't have to judge this part.)

AUTOMATON:
If you've seen the movie Hugo (really excellent for a kids movie, btw), you will know exactly what this is. If not, without giving too much away, I can tell you that it is mechanically "programmed" to write something with a pencil. Guests will be able to buy a miniature version.
automaton.jpg

CELL PHONE CASE:
iPhone_Case__Steampunk_feel_by_catbones-257x300.jpg

Sam Magic

CHALLENGE 12: GIFT SHOP- @Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge

The Solution
We're here in Port Discovery!

DSC02415.JPG

It looks to be a very well themed land, as is the rest of TDS. I knew I was going to have to create something VERY good to fit in with the rest of the attractions here.

Port discovery has a general "steampunk" theme. So I thought, why not create a little shop that sells contraptions such as complex clockwork automatons? Also, that shop should be meticulously themed to be like something right out of a steampunk alternate universe. Presenting...

THE GIZMOLOGIST'S CONFABULATIONS

True to its whimsical name, Gizmologist's has a whimsical feel right from the beginning. When you first walk in you pass through a foyer that takes elements right from this scene in Back to the Future. Skip to 0:30--

Clocks... Clocks everywhere. :D

Following @MonorailRed's suggestion about hanging stuff from the ceiling, this airship will circle above suspended by a wire. Every now and then it will let out a large puff of steam.

1600x1170_21061_Airship_concept_3d_fantasy_junkyard_steampunk_airship_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Moving gears will line the walls.

67363189_640.jpg

The Cast Members will wear costumes that make them look like they have mechanical prosthetic arms.

Steampunk-falksen.jpg

As well as buying merchandise such as simple automatons and mechanical-themed cell phone cases, figurines, and model planes, guests will be able to pose for a photo op in THIS:

steampunk-color-screenres.jpg

Pretty cool, right?

I hope you enjoyed this submission. To conclude, I'm going to show you a few pictures of the merchandise, even though @MonorailRed told us not to focus too much on it. (I have some extra time on my hands. You don't have to judge this part.)

AUTOMATON:
If you've seen the movie Hugo (really excellent for a kids movie, btw), you will know exactly what this is. If not, without giving too much away, I can tell you that it is mechanically "programmed" to write something with a pencil. Guests will be able to buy a miniature version.
automaton.jpg

CELL PHONE CASE:
iPhone_Case__Steampunk_feel_by_catbones-257x300.jpg

ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN AUTOMATON!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@Sam4D23 - Adding something else to the area that brings in 20,000 Leagues was great! But, I wish you described the gift shop exterior a bit more, instead of the location.

It seemed more like an area for a building for an interactive experience, then a gift shop.

Overall, interesting idea to bring to Port Discovery!

@ctxak98 - More Journey to the Center of the Earth in the area is definitely a plus. It's really unique to DisneySea.

I like how you described the shop! A cave with rocks and crystals just sounds like it would work well with the area! The holes in the walls sounds like a cool addition!

The mine drilling machine sounds great as well, I really enjoyed this addition, it adds depth.

I wasn't really wanting any focus on the merchandise in this challenge, but you rock hunt really makes it an immersive environment in this area. It makes it more of a environment then a shop selling disney merchandise.It really brought it to a new level.

Overall, I loved this idea! Great Job!

@Matt7187 - Interesting idea for the American Waterfront! It fits with the theme well there! I don't know about taking random guests to participate, some may not want to be involved.

I wished you described what the shop looked like on the interior, and a bit more descriptive then a building out of Assassin's Creed 3.

Overall, Interesting idea! I just wish I had a bit more description.

@jdmdisney99 - This really reminded me of Liberty Square. I like the idea of the gift shop itself though, It seemed interesting!

I wish you would have focused on just one gift shop, going into the area then focusing on an addition of a gift shop, a restaurant, a Liberty Bell, a new attraction, and a new harbor.

It almost felt like you wanted a whole new area to fit in, and not just the gift shop.

Overall, interesting idea! I liked the shop!

@Zweiland - I really enjoyed what you bring to Port Discovery. It really builds on the theme here!

I love the airship, the gears, and the clocks, great immersive theming there! Even the costumes seemed immersive! It just builds into a story for the area, that fits into the area, but doesn't take over the area.

On another note, a steam plunk photo op? Nice touch!

Overall, great ideas! I really enjoyed this!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 12 Results
1st - 3 points - @ctxak98
2nd - 2 points - @Zweiland
3rd - 1 point - @jdmdisney99
4th - 0 points - @Sam4D23
5th - 0 points - @Matt7187
6th - 0 points - @danjen2331
7th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
8th - 0 points - @Voxel
9th - 0 points - @englanddg

@ctxak98 your Advantage is 4 extra points.

The Scoreboard
1st - 19 points - @
Zweiland
2nd - 16 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 12 points - @ctxak98
3rd - 10 points - @englanddg
4th - 9 points - @
Voxel and @danjen2331
5th - 8 points - @MA Screamin'
6th - 2 points - @Matt7187
7th - 1 point - @Sam4D23

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 13

Swallowed by a Whale

iors.jpg

Welcome to Disneyland!

We're back, to bring some cool stuff to DLR's Fantasyland.

In this case we're focusing on some serious classics. The Storybookland Canal Boats and the Casey Jr. Circus
Train.

P1160986-a.jpg

Storybook_Land_Canal_Boats_at_Disneyland.jpg

Your job is to create some updates for these attractions. Re-route it, make new scenes, add audio-anametronics, go crazy.

Due Tonight at Midnight

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Contestants, I'd like to go ahead and tell you in Advance.

Challenge 15 is coming up Saturday, and it seriously means we're half-way done with the competition. This is going to be a bit of a crazy Challenge, and different then what we've really done yet.

You probably haven't even thought about the challenge ahead, ever before. This is definitely going to get some out of the box creativity going. That's why we're changing a few things this weekend.

First off, Challenge 15 and 16 will be combined. And if wanted, I'll even post the challenge at 9:00 pm Friday EST. (I'm giving you guys two whole days, you know this is big :cool:)

Second off, The winner of Challenge 14 will get the opportunity for sabotage for the big Challenge.

Third, and most importantly, the winner of the big Challenge, receives one point over the person who is in the lead at that point on the scoreboard.

Anyone could take the lead with a killer concept!

The stakes are going to be high this weekend people!

tumblr_lsd0sinwWH1r34gqso1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom