Around the Resorts in 30 Days

Voxel

President of Progress City
A bug’s life is a beautifully themed area for kinds that can be found in California Adventures, but its not enough for kids in my opinion. For this challenge I would like to channel the mission statement of California Adventure:

To all who come to this place of dreams, welcome. Disney California Adventure celebrates the spirit of optimism and the promise of endless opportunities, ignited by the imagination of daring dreamers such as Walt Disney and those like him who forever changed- and were forever changed by- The Golden State. This unique place embraces the richness and diversity of California... Its land, its people, its stories and, above all, the dreamers it continues to inspire.”

What stands out in this re-dedication statement is them wording “..Ignited by the imagination of daring dreams such as Walt Disney..”. This stands out as a statement declaring that California is built on imagination, that imagine built companies such as Disney, Apple and Google to name a few. What better way to dedicate a park to the imagination of California by inspiriting the next generation of creators. To do this, we are going to bring one of the great Disney characters to the west coast in the form of Figment.

Figment%20Dragon.png

This new area will inspire the imagination of future californians and visitors in an area that replaces A bug’s life and builds into the current employee parking lot.
ScreenShot2013-11-10at60538PM_zps7c7da900.png

A). Will contain rides and exhibits sponsored by Apple, Google, and Oracle to show off what technology can do in fun rides and showcases that will have kids and parents running to see what they can do. Guest will have the chance to play catch with a robot or other interaction.

B). This will be an over head bridge that will take guest to a journey into imagination with Figment. This overhead bridge will be an larger example of the Rainbow bridge.
Rainbow_Tunnel.JPG

C). Journey into Imagination will be a recreate of the original Journey into Imagination that inspired the imagination of many people. This video will provide an glimpse at what Californians will expect to

D). This will be a new Employee parking garage to increase parking by decreasing footprint.

E).This will be another Warehouse for various uses.

I just edited this to delete two sentences that got placed at the top and didn't belong. The two sentences were a repeat of D and E. I don't know how they got placed there.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
@Voxel - Interesting route to take! Imagination to the area! Awesome!

The idea of rides and exhibits sponsored by Apple, Google and Oracle is cool! It kind of reminds me of a more fun version of Innoventions.

I never really thought about bringing Imagination over! The original is back! :) Plus, the larger rainbow bridge is awesome.

But at the same time, I don't know if bringing it to DCA is a good idea. Some things at DCA, Just feels like Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and Epcot meshed together (It's Tough to be a Bug, Tower of Terror, Muppet Vision, Toy Story Mania, Grizzly River Run similar to Kali River Rapids). Adding Figment may just make it feel more like that.

Overall, interesting idea to bring to California!

@Matt7187 - I think what you did really brought this area together more. It sounds terrible, but this area almost reminded me of a kiddie area at Cedar Point or something, but I think you made it a bit more immersive. Hoppers bar from the movie sounds like a great addition to theming the area.

The Bird seems interesting. It hasn't really been used before and it really takes you back to that part of the movie.

Overrall, Good way of making the area more immersive!

@Zweiland - Why did it not surprise me that a Sageteer choose San Francisco? :rolleyes:

Awesome addition to the area!

Redwood Creek Challenge is over in the Golden State Area though, so I'm not sure about adding more to the Bay Area. But the theming you adding to the area sounded like it fit San Francisco Well!

As for the Cable Cars I thought it'd be an awesome attraction! I'd ride it!

Alcatraz is an interesting addition for the area, I wouldn't think about it, but it could definitely be a good ride that guests would enjoy.

Overall, Great job! It fit well with the location and the park!

@danjen2331 - I would have never though of adding Suburbs to the area! Interesting thought!

It really fits with the area, and it may be a good way to fit in the Avengers. The incredible ride was a nice tough as well!

I like how you went from the suburbs to the city, from the map it looks like it drops you by Tower of Terror, which would work.

Overall, great job on this! This is a good solution to the area!

@jdmdisney99 - I like the idea of using San Francisco!

The Golden Highway seems awesome for kids! It'd fit well with Carsland across the way.

Bay Area Patrol seems like a fun addition to the area to!

It didn't have the most E-tickets, but it did have almost, a relaxing representation on San Francisco. I think this really could bring some of California back to DCA since Pixar is all over there lately, and it'd just work well.

Overall, I like the idea and great job on this! It really brings something to DCA.

@ctxak98 - Good idea for Bugs land! It'd be cool to go through an ant hill! Plus the ride escaping Hopper sounds fun!

Overall, the Winner of Challenge 9 is @jdmdisney99 for concept and attractions. Challenge and a Advantage coming up.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 10

Indiana!

DSC3190.jpg

Welcome back to Disneyland Paris!

For this Challenge, we're in Adventureland.

The attraction we're focusing on is Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril.

Indiana%20Jones.jpg

Originally, there was supposed to be an Indiana Jones Mini-land, and that's exactly what brings us here. Your job is to create a new, Indiana Jones Mini-land for Disneyland Paris.

You can get rid of Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril if you'd like to. But really, you have around that area of Disneyland Paris, if you'd like to keep it.

No reruns please. As cool as a copy from DLR would be, I'd like to see something fresh!

Good Luck!

Due tonight at Midnight.

@jdmdisney99 this advantage is called....

Why'd it Have to be Snakes?

tumblr_lqvec7GJ7Q1qcfba3o1_500.gif

Indiana hates snakes. So is one of your competitors.

You get to pick the lucky contestant that has to one of these animated Disney snakes in their submission.

Robin-hood-disneyscreencaps.com-651-1-.jpg

Snake_Jafar_-_Snapshot.jpg

tumblr_inline_mg8n0rGOS51qbgh4j.jpg

kaa.jpg

Terrible? Yes. Tough? Yes. Interested to see how one would be included? Definitely!

Oh, and you get to choose which one they have to use, out of the following of course.

Choose wisely.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge 10

Indiana!

DSC3190.jpg

Indiana%20Jones.jpg

Originally, there was supposed to be an Indiana Jones Mini-land, and that's exactly what brings us here. Your job is to create a new, Indiana Jones Mini-land for Disneyland Paris.

You can get rid of Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril if you'd like to. But really, you have around that area of Disneyland Paris, if you'd like to keep it.

No reruns please. As cool as a copy from DLR would be, I'd like to see something fresh!

Good Luck!

Due tonight at Midnight.

You get to pick the lucky contestant that has to one of these animated Disney snakes in their submission.

kaa.jpg

Terrible? Yes. Tough? Yes. Interested to see how one would be included? Definitely!

Oh, and you get to choose which one they have to use, out of the following of course.
Choose wisely.
Indiana was the name of the DOG!!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge 10

Indiana!

DSC3190.jpg

Indiana%20Jones.jpg

Good Luck!

Due tonight at Midnight.

kaa.jpg

Choose wisely.
Eateries

Explorer's Cove
This will specialize in tropical drinks and soft serve ice cream (sorry Gerty the Dino, you need to find a new offering...I'm thinking Gyros! That being said, I haven't seen Gerty open in a long time) Anyhow, limited specialty adult drinks will also be served here. Frozen Daquaris and Pina Colada's (pre-mixed) as well as Dole Floats and Dole Whips (get it, Indiana Jones...whips...play me off Sam!)

<exits stage right>

The Zepplin
This will be a full service restaurant. The exterior would be themed like a tunnel and will be a ramp. Guests will descend about 20 feet and then enter a large dome painted to look like the sky and give the appearance that they are at a Zepplin airfield. They board the Zepplin and enter the restaurant.

As guests dine, using Winscape windows (see below), they will appear to be flying over famous locations and places from the movie. This is also a character meal where Indiana and his friends show up for occasional visits.

Shops
Hidden Treasures
This is the Indiana Jones themed shop. It will have similar offerings as to what is currently available from the Indiana Jones merchandise at the parks today. Whips, hats, etc.

Attractions
Indiana Jones and the Hidden Labyrinth

Ok, I'm not a fan of Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom, and I personally think the "jerky jeep" is a bad ride vehicle, based on my experience there.

However...having now done Indiana Jones at Disneyland California, I get it. The ride there is fantastic.

However, I don't think they should clone it for DLP. Instead, I think this ride should be done with the KUKA setup that is used at Universal for Harry Potter and Spiderman. However, instead of being rather jerky as the Universal Rides are, I think this ride should vary between slow and fast paced excitement, centered around Indiana Jones and his newest adventure, finding the Labrynth and solving the mysteries of Crete.

Of course, there should be Nazis...I am thinking they seek the Minotaur in order to create super soldiers. But, really, I haven't thought the story through. I just would like to see an Indiana Jones ride, and this is what I came up with.

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Challenge 10

Indiana!

DSC3190.jpg

Indiana%20Jones.jpg

Good Luck!

Due tonight at Midnight.

kaa.jpg

Choose wisely.

Opening in 2017, the new Indiana Jones expansion to Disneyland Experience will bring the chance for guest to step into a world of Adventure just like Indiana Jones. The overall area of the expansion will contain a Mayan/Aztec feel that will allow for a true sense of adventure. I present the main blue print:
ScreenShot2013-11-11at65257PM_zpsaaf32a0e.png

Grey: Pathways

Dark Green: Trees and woods

Green: Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril will remain the same will modified effects and features making the ride more breathe taking and adventurous. True to an Indiana Jones Experience.

Yellow: Will be Merchandise

Blue: Bathrooms: (We never think about bathrooms in this competition)

Orange: Kuzco’s Dinning Plaza. Dine with Kuzco and friend in this one of a kind dinning experience.

Pink: More Merchandise.

Bronzish/green: Indiana Jones et le Joyau Mystic (Indiana Jones and the Mystic Jewel) will be a new one of a kind experience, exclusive to Disneyland Paris. Guest will make their approach to the new attraction by entering in a mayan temple that is labeled as Indiana’s new find and discovery.
chichen-itza-mayan-temple.jpg

Guest will queue through this new excavation, seeing the ruin and treasure of old when they enter a small chamber with a small projectors. Groups will be entered into this chamber where a film will start off with Indiana Jones welcoming the new adventurers, telling the adventurers that his assistant will guide theme deeper into the temple to look for the Mystic Jewel, An artifact that no one believe’s exist except Indiana Jones.

Guest will board the ride vehicle very similar to the Great Movie Ride Vehicle, where their Indiana’s new assistant will meet riders.
is.php

The Assistant will guide guest through the tunnels when an earthquake strikes the area, causing an “tunnel” to collapse and a new passage way to open up. The assistant will go one to how they have never seen this area before and then stop at this monument that has this crystal jewel. Thinking that this is the jewel that Indiana must be looking for they grab it and bring it back to the ride vehicle. All of the sudden the lights begin to flicker and the world around the goes dark and changes into the scene from Robin hood. Where Prince John and Sir Hiss witness this vehicle appear. Guest will hear John tell hiss to follow them and steal the jewel.

The ride vehicle will pop in and out of different Disney film with Sir Hiss following theme causing different incidents to happen until the final scene where Sir Hiss causes a bolder to rush towards the ride vehicle then Bam the Jewel sends the riders back to the Temple where they see Indiana Jones welcoming to the dig sit, and thanking them.
Indiana_Jones_in_Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark.jpg

Guest will walk through a dig sit where kids can dig (like in Animal Kingdom) and look at replicas of actual finds through out the world.
Animal-Kingdom-Dino-Dig2.jpg

aztecc_wp.jpg

I hope you like this new addition to Disneyland Paris Addition.

jdmdisney99

Challenge 10: Adventure Point
templeduperil.jpgoriginal-610x393.jpg

Within this new miniland at Disneyland Park (Paris), two parks reside. For one, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) remains, but receives a few upgrades. A new boat ride arrives, called Indiana Jones et le Voyage de la Jeunesse (Indiana Jones and the Voyage of Youth). In the words of the great Adam the Woo... Join me will you?

Indiana Jones et or Temple du Peril - This ride has it's temple rebuilt out of real stone, as recently rumored on MiceChat, and receives aesthetic updates as originally planned and seen in the following images...
indy-2-610x459.jpg

photo-10-bis-610x416.jpg

o-quatro-610x445.jpg

o-ter-610x497.jpg

indy-3-610x478.jpg

IMG_6759s-1.jpgoriginal-610x407.jpg

Indiana Jones et le Voyage de la Jeunesse - Disneyland Paris lacks one major classic Adventureland ride; The Jungle Cruise. Thus I present a new riff off the old classic. In this ride, Dr. Jones' assistants guide the guests along the Amazon River, encountering animatronic animals, including piranhas, cheetahs running along the banks, hungry alligators, lions poisonous insects, snakes, and more, all on the way to meet Indy at a base camp, where we are supposed to disembark on a journey to find the Fountain of Youth. Hoowever, when we arrive at the camp, it has been ransacked with Indy nowhere to be found (similar to camp scene in JC today). We continue on frantically through the brush, trying to avoid Nazi aquaboats, camps, forces, etc. Finally, we reach a mysterious temple (a la current Indian temple) and decide to travel inside. When we do, we find a glorious fountain where Indy is standing, scooping water with his hands and welcoming us. The temple, however, begins to flood, and we must leave the fountain behind as we rush out of the building (this is the major "main theme" climax). Finally, we travel back through the forest and to the unloading dock.
*Note-This may be a different set-up for the fountain than Last Crusade, but it wouldn't matter much to the French. They tend to care for the "obscure" and the fountain's bright, vibrant surroundings will suffice this want (see Phantom Manor as an example).
Queue Picture;
photo-12-610x403.jpg

Similar to Ride;
photo-11-610x388.jpg

Jungle%20Cruise%2001.jpg

Warehouse 51
- This is the area's new retail and dining location based off of the location seen in the first and fourth Indy films. Guests can dine by the Ark of the Covenant, or buy an alien specimen! This is the ultimate way to indulge your everyday life into Indiana Jones!
warehouse_51_opening_scene_first_shot_indiana_jones_mac_irina_spalko.jpg

We hope decide to visit Indy's Adventure Point soon at Disneyland Park in Paris! See you then!

danjen2331

Challenge 10

My Indiana Jones Mini-land at Disneyland Paris would consist of 3 rides: Echapper à Temple Maudit, Indiana Jones Aventure du Radeau, and Temple du Péril.

1. Echapper à Temple Maudit: A Log Flume style ride involving multiple indoor scenes. You follow along with Indy as he makes his way past booby traps. After 2 small drops you come to the large temple scene from the 2nd movie where you see Indy is captured. You then go down a large drop taking you outside to safety. The final scene is seeing Indy safe.

2. Indiana Jones Aventure du Radeau: (@jdmdisney99 looks like we have very similar rides here... awk...)The cross between The Great Movie Ride and The Jungle Cruise. Using larger boats than the Jungle Cruise, a skipper guides a “raft” along a river. You come to a camp site on the river where Indy comes on board the boat (i). He guides you down the river passing more animals just like on the Jungle Cruise until he reached an entrance to a cave (ii). He gets off the boat and the skipper continues the raft down the river. After the raft goes around a bend you find Indy again and he rushes back on the raft warning that some natives are not so happy with him (iii). The raft speeds up and down river you see the many natives on the bank of the river. You end up in safety where Indy hops off the raft and gets in an airplane, the raft continues back to the boathouse.

3. Temple du Péril: The same coaster just relocated and built better with some new additions that make the ride more immersive.

MAP:
A) POTC
B) The Island
C) Rest of Adventureland
Capture5a.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@englanddg - I like how you not only made attractions, but food options! Explorer's Cove sounds like a great addition to the area. The Zepplin sounds awesome! I really want a Winscape window now….

The Gift shop sounds like it fits. Indiana Jones, Hidden treasures…. Works for me!

I like the thought of Indiana Jones and the Hidden Labyrinth! I really like the idea of using KUKA for Indiana Jones. I don't know how you'd make the vehicle fit in the story, but that technology in an Indi ride would be awesome!

Overall, I love the concept for the area, great job!

@Voxel - I like what you did here. You added to what was there and built on it.

Adding Kuzco to a Myan Area is an interesting idea! Not really Indi, but it fits well!

Indiana Jones and the Mystic Jewel sounds awesome! I never thought of using Great Movie ride vehicles, but it is a cool idea!

I like how you added bathrooms. Kind of important, and I haven't seen that yet in the challenges. And the Merchandise is always a plus at Disney!

A dig site for kids was a great addition!

I don't know how I feel about the way you incorporated Sir Hiss though. It just doesn't seem… Indiana Jones Like… It kind of turned into the Sir Hiss Attraction close to the end.

Overall, everything was great, except I think you sabotage hurt you this time.

@jdmdisney99 - I like how you upgraded the original ride. The additions can really make it a new experience.

Indiana Jones et le Voyage de la Jeunesse sounds like an interesting addition as well.

I don't know how I feel about adding a Jungle Cruise like attraction in Paris though. The reason, If I read correctly, it doesn't have it because of other copies of the Jungle Cruise in other French Theme Parks. The same thing may apply.

As for Warehouse 51, brilliant idea! It just fits the area well, and it's be a great dining and merchandise location!

@danjen2331 - Echapper à Temple Maudit sounds like an interesting take on an Indiana Jones ride. Paris doesn't have Splash Mountain, so this could be an interesting take on the classic Disney log fume.

Indiana Jones Aventure du Radeau would use some interesting technology for the boats vehicles. This is really interesting, It's not really a Jungle Cruise, and it's not really a Action Crazy ride, and it's not really a Great movie ride. It really brings the Indiana Jones area together. It makes it an environment, not just an area full of rides.

Keeping Temple du Péril, and making it better is always a good thought.

Overall, I enjoyed this idea a lot! Great Job!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 9 Results
1st - 3 points - @danjen2331
2nd - 2 points - @englanddg
3rd - 1 point - @jdmdisney99
4th - 0 points - @Voxel
5th - 0 points - @Zweiland
6th - 0 points - @ctxak98
7th - 0 points - @Matt7187
8th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'

@danjen2331 your advantage for Challenge 10 was 3 extra points. It also seems it brings you up in the scoreboard.

The Scoreboard
1st - 17 points - @Zweiland
2nd - 13 points - @jdmdisney99
3rd - 10 points - @englanddg
4th - 9 points - @Voxel and @danjen2331
5th - 8 points - @ctxak98
6th - 2 points - @Matt7187
7th - 1 point - @MA Screamin'

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 11

Ain't Nothing like the Great Outdoors…

6rwc.jpg

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland!

You know, there's a big bear theme over in Frontierland over there.

Known as "Grizzly Gulch" This area's known for it's ride "Big Grizzly Mountain"

So, why don't wee add something classic, with a twist.

Yep! A Country Bear Style Show!

cbj_bearband1974ww.jpg

You need to make it fit with the theme of the animals there. They don't look artistically like the Country Bears.

Other then that, go crazy! You don't even have to include bears. Just make it a show with singing animals, 95% on a stage. That fits into Grizzly Gulch.

Due Tonight at Midnight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom