Around the Resorts in 30 Days

Zweiland

^
url-1.gif

Always happy to help. ;)

Voxel

President of Progress City
It reminded me of a Disney version of the teridactyle ride at IoA.

Which, of all the rides there, I think it is one of the best, of not the best.

Insert slow clap gif here (hard to do from my iPhone, so just google one and pretend I put it here)
That and Big Bad Wolf that use to be in Busch Gardens Williamsburg were my inspirations. But I wanted to do more the a roller coaster, I wanted a guide or something. Then I thought about a small animatronic. I would be the first of its kind on a roller coaster and a new way to interact with guest in a way no one has experience before (except Star Tours).

danjen2331

Challenge 8

First off, both adult and youth entertainment needs addressing at the Boardwalk. For Adults, Jellyrolls is excellent while Atlantic Dance Hall is dreadful. For kids there is a lot of fun street entertainment, an arcade, and “fun” surrey bikes, but nothing else. The dining scene is mostly good, but some change is in order.

Dinning:

Both Kouzinna and Big River will be replaced. Big River just is not that good and Kouzinna wanes in comparison to the international cuisine found steps away in Epcot. Kouzinna will be replaced with an upscale Modern American restaurant called Baltic Ave. As a signature restaurant, families and couples staying in Disney World or around Disney World will want to come to Baltic Ave for its spectacular Modern American cuisine. Big River Grille and Brewing Company will also be replaced with a fun new family orientated restaurant called Soundview Pizza and Burgers. This restaurant will serve New Haven CT cuisine: “apizza” such as white clam pizza, hamburgers, and subs sandwiches. This restaurant will rival Via Napoli for the best Pizza at Disney World and prove to be a favorite for kids. These restaurants help turn the Boardwalk into more of a dining destination with higher quality offerings.

Adult Entertainment:

Firstly, the Atlantic Dance Hall will be demolished. While on the opposite side of the lake there a new Theatre and a dance club will be built directly behind seabreeze point enhancing that areas aesthetics. The Theatre’s exterior will match the Boardwalk Inn’s, while the interior will resemble the grand theatres of the early 20th century. A Live Production will be put on each night attempting to attract locals and resort guests. Next to the Theatre will be a dance club which will have more energy than Atlantic Dance Hall had.

Children Attractions:

The area previously occupied by the Atlantic Dance Hall, and the space around it, will be converted into a miniature carnival. There will be two rides: a Ferris wheel and a swinging chairs ride. These two rides will be finely detailed to resemble the 1920’s era. Utilizing the magic bands, these rides will be free of charge to guests staying at the Disney Resorts and a 5$ unlimited ride pass will be available for non-resort guests.

Nighttime Show:

A Nighttime show will be created that will utilize Fountains, Water barges, live actors/actresses, and music. The show will be about different dance and music styles across American history with the fountains being synchronized with the music and be called: Disney Boardwalk’s Carnival of Music

jdmdisney99

Challenge 8: Welcome to Disney's Boardwalk!
Current Walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfa_6_jRcD0

So, for this challenge, I decided to build a new amusement pier into the area, along with some other exhilarating new features. It also receives a new backstory. Here we go...

Backstory;
Seaside Lagoon
The whole Boardwalk area is now built in a town called Seaside Lagoon. Long ago, in the early 20th century, an Englishman named Sir Christopher Carter came to the coastal United States. He happened to stumble upon a desolate, undeveloped bay area which he named, you guessed it, Seaside Lagoon. His first order of business was to construct a boardwalk along the shore. The wood panels were put in place, but not a civilized building lined the strip, save for the small shack Sir Carter was living out of. Soon, he built a new amusement park called Sol Pier, hoping to attract visitors to the lonesome area. Suddenly, word got out around the area about the fantastic new Sol Park. Guests were coming from all over to enjoy the amusements. Following the initial success, he built a couple shops along the stretch of land and leased some of it out to vendors. However, Carter noticed one common issue; people would stay so late into the night that they couldn't bare to drive home. So, in turn, Carter built a "quaint" Boardwalk Inn on the lagoon-front. People were filling up every single room, and new shops were opened, including a new agreement with some fellow with this novel idea for motion picture screening. He even cut a deal with this young Disney fellow to use dome of his characters in a ride. A new show was added in the lagoon using Carter's favorite songs, and was a sure hit. Everyone was urgent to get to Seaside Lagoon, and escape their troubles. In fact, there were too many people. More and more visitors wanted a room, but Sir Carter couldn't supply them with a haven. Once again, he expanded, this time to the eastern boardwalk. He constructed a larger, grander place to stay and called it the Boardwalk Hotel. Ever since, guests have flocked to the resort town, and recently, the founders' family donated a statue in his honor, which stands tall in Seaside Yard. We hope you plan on visiting our booming seaside village soon!

1. Original Shops, Restaurants and Other Areas - The locations currently open at the Boardwalk will remain, as they really have no issues and are fantastic establishments. They just aren't visited because there isn't a major draw to the Boardwalk area.

AMCMainStreetFront.jpg

2. The American Multi-Cinema - A new theater opens on the Boardwalk, presented by AMC Theatres. This awesomely themed building harkens back to the original days of AMC Theatres (American Multi-Cinema), when theaters with more than one screen for viewers was a new, novel idea. Though it will have multiple theaters, these viewing rooms will be luxurious, with seating available in three sections; Lower, Upper and Balcony viewing...
mandurah-2.jpg

3. Sol Pier - Inspired Luna Park in Coney Island, and Paradise Pier in California, this new amusement area would jut out from the center of the Boardwalk, but wouldn't interrupt water traffic. It was founded by Sir Christopher Carter when he arrived at the empty town of Seaside Lagoon in the early 20th century. (see more below)

image.jpg

4. The Boardwalk Inn - The original resort at the basis of the area will remain throughout this expansion in its entirety. It receives a new backstory, though, as Sir Carter founded the inn as a place for visitors to his park (which was gaining popularity) to stay at while in Seaside Lagoon. (The Disney's in it's name will be removed, as with most of the Disney's locations, as people will surely know they are in Disney...and it is Sir Carter's place...)

boardwalk_villas_header.jpg

5. The Boardwalk Hotel - The Villas at Disney's Boardwalk Resort receives a new title, but the classic vacation villas remain to be loved by all. They are called the Hotel and the other is called the Inn because the Inn was opened by Sir Christopher Carter when he traveled to the US coast from Europe and after he built Sol Pier. After much success running his "quaint" inn, he established a larger, more luxurious establishment as a hotel next door for the multitude of visitors to the pier to stay at.

6. Fountains for Sir Carter's Symphony - This will be a new fountain show in the area, featuring dancing fountains to Sir Christopher Carter's favorite records. Hosted by a recently recovered recording of the man himself, the show features songs such as...

1. Sir Carter Carousel - This is a classic brass ring carousel, one of the unique few found in the US. Created by Sir Carter himself, this merry-go-round features only horses, but would be a fun experience for many.

2. Plane Crazy - This is a new take on the classic Himalaya carnival ride system, themed to the original Mickey Mouse cartoon, "Plane Crazy".

3. Silly Symphony Swings - A copy of the ride moved over from Disney California Adventure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBsrjwrjUMI

4. The Whip - a classic whip carnival ride finds its way into Sir Carter's seaside park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlfJc2FqMQ

Sun_Wheel_by_day.jpg

5. The Sun Wheel - The original DCA ferris wheel with a fun twist finds a comfortable place at Sol Pier, baring the park's namesake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSoAd8qgGSQ

Coaster1.jpg

6. Thunder-Horse - This seaside resort area receives a classic wooden, racing roller coaster, that will no doubt fill you with immense adrenaline. (The track completes an aerial anchor shape when paired with the fountains)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCYDBmL4x1E

Don't worry about these structures. They will still be looming high enough to lure guests to Sol Pier, but not tall enough to be sticking out in Epcot.

A boat dock will be built here, and regular tickets as in other carnivals will be used. Multiple snack stands will be found all around, as well as new midway games.

We hope you choose to visit the Boardwalk at Seaside Lagoon soon! See you then!

Last edited:

MA Screamin'

Thanks, happy you liked it! Now to Challenge 8...

***​

Disney's Boardwalk is a great concept, and has a lot of potential, but as the challenge is asking, it needs to be revamped a little. For my submission, I wanted to capture the magic of a seaside boardwalk, but not get too cheesy and have that special Disney charm. Many new additions are coming, and some familiar faces are getting freshened up. Let's take a walk down the new Disney's Boardwalk!

What's new?

The first addition to the Boardwalk is a new riveting experience guests will be sure to love - parasailing! Guests Many boardwalks offer this incredible thrill, and guests will now be able to fly across the water, taking in the sights and sounds around them like never before!

Another major addition to the Boardwalk brings a classic set of attractions, but with an extra sprinkle of pixie dust. Come one, come all to Mickey's Midway! Many forms of inspiration came when designed this new area, and brand new experiences are here as well.

Families have visited midways for a long time, but some people distinguish them as "cheesy" or "a rip off". Immense quality was put in the design of Mickey's so that every guest comes in and out of the park happy. One of these are the new Sideshow Games. Take on classic games, like darts, skeeballs, and basketball, with your favorite characters by your side. Unlike traditional midway games, games are made as fair as possible, so everyone has a chance to win. No rigs here, folks! But if you have that special skill, you will be treated to specially crafted prizes themed to your favorite classic Disney characters.

Many Paradise Pier attractions, like Silly Symphony Swings and Mickey's Fun Wheel, are part of the fun at Mickey's Boardwalk, but many have been reimagined just for Mickey's. Here's a look (names subject to change):

Goofy's Surfing Spin: Themed to Goofy's "Hawaiian Holiday" short, Goofy decides to try out surfing, and you're coming with him! Take a spin on this zany wild mouse coaster!

Mickey's House of Wonders: Walt Disney Imagineering took a page from the Blue Sky vaults, and reimagined Mickey's Circus Spectacular, a forgotten Storybook Circus attraction full of suspense, thrill and mystery. TO give you an idea, read the script for the planned attraction here! Join Mickey as your ringmaster as you discover amazing talents of the Fab Five, and new ones too like Dumbo the Flying Elephant and the very fun Penguin (waiters) Dancers!

Pete's Strong Man's Shoot: Pete challenges you to the classic strong man sideshow game, only this time, you're in the middle of the action. This is a twist on the Maliboomer, a attraction that used to be at Paradise Pier.

What's getting redone?

One of the main entertainment options is Atlantic Dance. But disappointly, this barely ever packed, and needs something fresh to draw visitors in. So, in an attempt to spruce up the venue, the hall will be converted to a brand new intimate concert venue! Local and famous acts from across the country come to play, and on nights without a show, DJ's spin your favorite tracks for karaoke! Appetizers and classic comfort foods will be served.

Jellyrolls will now become a family fun experience with now all ages being along to join the fun!

The final change to the Boardwalk is the combination of Sugar, the area's candy shop and Seashore Sweets, making the ultimate destination for your sweet cravings! Guests can use only their imagination's limits to design their own ice cream flavor! Pints and quarts can be taken home, and how's knows? Maybe your flavor will join the movie of now hundreds of selection to choose from!

There you have it! The new and improved Disney's The Boardwalk!

jdmdisney99

Thanks, happy you liked it! Now to Challenge 8...

***​

Disney's Boardwalk is a great concept, and has a lot of potential, but as the challenge is asking, it needs to be revamped a little. For my submission, I wanted to capture the magic of a seaside boardwalk, but not get too cheesy and have that special Disney charm. Many new additions are coming, and some familiar faces are getting freshened up. Let's take a walk down the new Disney's Boardwalk!

What's new?

The first addition to the Boardwalk is a new riveting experience guests will be sure to love - parasailing! Guests Many boardwalks offer this incredible thrill, and guests will now be able to fly across the water, taking in the sights and sounds around them like never before!

Another major addition to the Boardwalk brings a classic set of attractions, but with an extra sprinkle of pixie dust. Come one, come all to Mickey's Midway! Many forms of inspiration came when designed this new area, and brand new experiences are here as well.

Families have visited midways for a long time, but some people distinguish them as "cheesy" or "a rip off". Immense quality was put in the design of Mickey's so that every guest comes in and out of the park happy. One of these are the new Sideshow Games. Take on classic games, like darts, skeeballs, and basketball, with your favorite characters by your side. Unlike traditional midway games, games are made as fair as possible, so everyone has a chance to win. No rigs here, folks! But if you have that special skill, you will be treated to specially crafted prizes themed to your favorite classic Disney characters.

Many Paradise Pier attractions, like Silly Symphony Swings and Mickey's Fun Wheel, are part of the fun at Mickey's Boardwalk, but many have been reimagined just for Mickey's. Here's a look (names subject to change):

Goofy's Surfing Spin: Themed to Goofy's "Hawaiian Holiday" short, Goofy decides to try out surfing, and you're coming with him! Take a spin on this zany wild mouse coaster!

Mickey's House of Wonders: Walt Disney Imagineering took a page from the Blue Sky vaults, and reimagined Mickey's Circus Spectacular, a forgotten Storybook Circus attraction full of suspense, thrill and mystery. TO give you an idea, read the script for the planned attraction here! Join Mickey as your ringmaster as you discover amazing talents of the Fab Five, and new ones too like Dumbo the Flying Elephant and the very fun Penguin (waiters) Dancers!

Pete's Strong Man's Shoot: Pete challenges you to the classic strong man sideshow game, only this time, you're in the middle of the action. This is a twist on the Maliboomer, a attraction that used to be at Paradise Pier.

What's getting redone?

One of the main entertainment options is Atlantic Dance. But disappointly, this barely ever packed, and needs something fresh to draw visitors in. So, in an attempt to spruce up the venue, the hall will be converted to a brand new intimate concert venue! Local and famous acts from across the country come to play, and on nights without a show, DJ's spin your favorite tracks for karaoke! Appetizers and classic comfort foods will be served.

Jellyrolls will now become a family fun experience with now all ages being along to join the fun!

The final change to the Boardwalk is the combination of Sugar, the area's candy shop and Seashore Sweets, making the ultimate destination for your sweet cravings! Guests can use only their imagination's limits to design their own ice cream flavor! Pints and quarts can be taken home, and how's knows? Maybe your flavor will join the movie of now hundreds of selection to choose from!

There you have it! The new and improved Disney's The Boardwalk!

Don't mean to be picky here, but this is the third time you posted after the deadline.

jdmdisney99

Quick note that I am adding to my post, but really has no affect on changing the concept...
Don't worry about these structures. They will still be looming high enough to lure guests to Sol Pier, but not tall enough to be sticking out in Epcot.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 8 Critiques

@Zweiland - What you did was interesting. Not only did you add classic amusement parks attractions and food, you added a theatre and a fountain show!

The Twister could be a draw to anyone who loves wooden roller coasters. The double decker carousel would be a great addition!

The idea of offering different flavored popcorn sounds like a great addition to the food offerings there as well.

Overall, Great job!

@Voxel - I like the idea of adding family entertainment! Great idea!

The idea of adding a Mickey's Fun Wheel is great! Sounds like a great addition!

Pirate Cove sounds great! It's good idea for more entertainment over there. It adds not only to the Boardwalk, but Yacht and Beach Club and Swan and Dolphin as well.

The fountain show for the Beach resort sounds amazing! I'm worries about people trying to view it from other resorts though.

Overall, Good job with the Boardwalk 2.0!

@danjen2331 - I don't know how I feel about getting rid of Cat Cora's Restaurant. Call it the Food Network Junkie in me, but I think Kouzzina should stay. I also am not sire about replacing Big River Grille and Brewing Company with Pizza and Burgers. The Boardwalk already has a pizza and burger options at ESPN.

The new theatre and dance club options sounds good for adults. The carnival rides sound like a great addition as well! I like how you used the Magic Bands, sort of reminds me how the use game card for Paradise Pier games at DCA, makes sense and a ton easier.

The Nighttime show can definitely draw guests to the Boardwalk, similar to how people like the Electric Water Pageant around the Magic Kingdom Resorts.

Overall, Good job, I'm not sure about replacing Big River and Kouzzina though.

@Matt7187 - I don't know how I feel about tearing down ESPN, but the carnival idea is great!

I also don't know how I feel about adding Pizza to the boardwalk since it's already an option.

The kayaks, paddle boards and other water sports sounds fun though!

@jdmdisney99 - I was seriously blown away by this idea!

I really agree about the existing shops and restaurants. They're great, there's just no pull over there. I think you solved that problem though.

Adding a theater could definitely bring something to the Boardwalk. I really like how you themed it to work with the architecture and the area.

Sol Pier sounds like it really ties the Boardwalk together. All the classic rides really are a fantastic addition to bringing the feel of the area.

Lastly, The Fountain show sounds like something that can bring guests to the Boardwalk.

Overall, fantastic idea!

@MA Screamin' - Adding Parasailing to that area is awesome! You probably could even get views of Epcot if it was high enough. Great idea!

The classic attractions could easily be a draw to the Boardwalk. The Sideshow Games are a smart move, Paradise Pier is a blast on the other coast, and bringing some of the ideas from that could really get some attention!

Converting some of the stuff already there for the family is an interesting idea, to get everyone involved!

Overall, Great Job!

Last edited:

Voxel

Challenge 8: Welcome to Disney's Boardwalk!
Current Walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfa_6_jRcD0

So, for this challenge, I decided to build a new amusement pier into the area, along with some other exhilarating new features. It also receives a new backstory. Here we go...

Backstory;

1. Original Shops, Restaurants and Other Areas - The locations currently open at the Boardwalk will remain, as they really have no issues and are fantastic establishments. They just aren't visited because there isn't a major draw to the Boardwalk area.

AMCMainStreetFront.jpg

2. The American Multi-Cinema - A new theater opens on the Boardwalk, presented by AMC Theatres. This awesomely themed building harkens back to the original days of AMC Theatres (American Multi-Cinema), when theaters with more than one screen for viewers was a new, novel idea. Though it will have multiple theaters, these viewing rooms will be luxurious, with seating available in three sections; Lower, Upper and Balcony viewing...
mandurah-2.jpg

3. Sol Pier - Inspired Luna Park in Coney Island, and Paradise Pier in California, this new amusement area would jut out from the center of the Boardwalk, but wouldn't interrupt water traffic. It was founded by Sir Christopher Carter when he arrived at the empty town of Seaside Lagoon in the early 20th century. (see more below)

image.jpg

4. The Boardwalk Inn - The original resort at the basis of the area will remain throughout this expansion in its entirety. It receives a new backstory, though, as Sir Carter founded the inn as a place for visitors to his park (which was gaining popularity) to stay at while in Seaside Lagoon. (The Disney's in it's name will be removed, as with most of the Disney's locations, as people will surely know they are in Disney...and it is Sir Carter's place...)

boardwalk_villas_header.jpg

5. The Boardwalk Hotel - The Villas at Disney's Boardwalk Resort receives a new title, but the classic vacation villas remain to be loved by all. They are called the Hotel and the other is called the Inn because the Inn was opened by Sir Christopher Carter when he traveled to the US coast from Europe and after he built Sol Pier. After much success running his "quaint" inn, he established a larger, more luxurious establishment as a hotel next door for the multitude of visitors to the pier to stay at.

6. Fountains for Sir Carter's Symphony - This will be a new fountain show in the area, featuring dancing fountains to Sir Christopher Carter's favorite records. Hosted by a recently recovered recording of the man himself, the show features songs such as...

1. Sir Carter Carousel - This is a classic brass ring carousel, one of the unique few found in the US. Created by Sir Carter himself, this merry-go-round features only horses, but would be a fun experience for many.

2. Plane Crazy - This is a new take on the classic Himalaya carnival ride system, themed to the original Mickey Mouse cartoon, "Plane Crazy".

3. Silly Symphony Swings - A copy of the ride moved over from Disney California Adventure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBsrjwrjUMI

4. The Whip - a classic whip carnival ride finds its way into Sir Carter's seaside park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlfJc2FqMQ

Sun_Wheel_by_day.jpg

5. The Sun Wheel - The original DCA ferris wheel with a fun twist finds a comfortable place at Sol Pier, baring the park's namesake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSoAd8qgGSQ

Coaster1.jpg

6. Thunder-Horse - This seaside resort area receives a classic wooden, racing roller coaster, that will no doubt fill you with immense adrenaline. (The track completes an aerial anchor shape when paired with the fountains)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCYDBmL4x1E

A boat dock will be built here, and regular tickets as in other carnivals will be used. Multiple snack stands will be found all around, as well as new midway games.

We hope you choose to visit the Boardwalk at Seaside Lagoon soon! See you then!

I am gonna be honest and say I don't like the idea of a theater at the Epcot resorts. These are deluxe resorts and the idea of a movie theatre there will bring about traffic and groups that a lot of hotel guest might not like, Esp. with Theaters in Disney Springs. My biggest concern about the theaters is they make it too "commercial" it takes away form the ambience of being on a vacation.

I like everything else though.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 7 Results
1st - 3 points - @ctxak98
2nd - 2 points -@Zweiland
3rd - 1 point - @englanddg
4th - 0 points - @Voxel
5th - 0 points - @danjen2331
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
7th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99
8th - 0 points - @Matt7187

Challenge 8 Results
1st - 3 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 2 points -@Zweiland
3rd - 1 point - @Voxel
4th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'
5th - 0 points - @danjen2331
6th - 0 points - @Matt7187
7th - 0 points - @englanddg
8th - 0 points - @ctxak98

Points gained from Challenge 7 and 8
@Zweiland - 4 points
@ctxak98 and @jdmdisney99 - 3 points
@Voxel and @englanddg - 1 point
@danjen2331, @MA Screamin' , @Matt7187 - 0 points

So @Zweiland gets the Advantage of 8 points

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 9

FLAMING DEATH!

l0sr.jpg

Welcome back to Disney's California Adventure!

We're back in the same side of the park. This time though, is a little different.

A_bug's_land.JPG

You guys get to Change up the It's a Bugs Land Area!
A_bug's_land.JPG

Again, I'm giving you guys total creative freedom. Do what you want with it. Make an entire new land if you'd like!
f8bb57de3c50d6b0cb9aaf8401b076f7.jpg

Just make it so that guests will want to make that area a big part of their trip to DCA!

Due at Midnight.

Voxel

Challenge 9

FLAMING DEATH!

l0sr.jpg

Welcome back to Disney's California Adventure!

We're back in the same side of the park. This time though, is a little different.

A_bug's_land.JPG

You guys get to Change up the It's a Bugs Land Area!
A_bug's_land.JPG

Again, I'm giving you guys total creative freedom. Do what you want with it. Make an entire new land if you'd like!
f8bb57de3c50d6b0cb9aaf8401b076f7.jpg

Just make it so that guests will want to make that area a big part of their trip to DCA!

Due at Midnight.

A bug’s life is a beautifully themed area for kinds that can be found in California Adventures, but its not enough for kids in my opinion. For this challenge I would like to channel the mission statement of California Adventure:

To all who come to this place of dreams, welcome. Disney California Adventure celebrates the spirit of optimism and the promise of endless opportunities, ignited by the imagination of daring dreamers such as Walt Disney and those like him who forever changed- and were forever changed by- The Golden State. This unique place embraces the richness and diversity of California... Its land, its people, its stories and, above all, the dreamers it continues to inspire.”

What stands out in this re-dedication statement is them wording “..Ignited by the imagination of daring dreams such as Walt Disney..”. This stands out as a statement declaring that California is built on imagination, that imagine built companies such as Disney, Apple and Google to name a few. What better way to dedicate a park to the imagination of California by inspiriting the next generation of creators. To do this, we are going to bring one of the great Disney characters to the west coast in the form of Figment.

Figment%20Dragon.png

This new area will inspire the imagination of future californians and visitors in an area that replaces A bug’s life and builds into the current employee parking lot.
ScreenShot2013-11-10at60538PM_zps7c7da900.png

A). Will contain rides and exhibits sponsored by Apple, Google, and Oracle to show off what technology can do in fun rides and showcases that will have kids and parents running to see what they can do. Guest will have the chance to play catch with a robot or other interaction.

B). This will be an over head bridge that will take guest to a journey into imagination with Figment. This overhead bridge will be an larger example of the Rainbow bridge.
Rainbow_Tunnel.JPG

C). Journey into Imagination will be a recreate of the original Journey into Imagination that inspired the imagination of many people. This video will provide an glimpse at what Californians will expect to

D). This will be a new Employee parking garage to increase parking by decreasing footprint.

E).This will be another Warehouse for various uses.

Last edited:

Matt7187

Welcome to the new and improved Bugs Land! Here, there will be a few major renovations, and a few no so huge. Lets begin with the small:
-Repaint the whole area
-ITTBAB redone somewhat like Star Tours, with different acts each time, making it more redoable

And major changes:
-Replacing Francis's and Tuck and Roll's is The Bird, a pirate ship simulator ride. (I will explain this more in a minute)
-Replacing Flik's is Hopper's, a new dining experience for this area. The inside of this area will look like the bar from the movie. There will be counter service food for lunch, and a bar area where you can get non alcoholic specialties like bug juice and even grasshoppers! Also during the lunch hours, there will be 3 walk around AA's interacting with guests, telling jokes like "Oh, the humanity!" When they see you with a grasshopper. There will also be an AA band playing on the side.

Now for The Bird, a technological marvel. You enter a pirate ship type vehicle themed as the fake bird from the movie. There are no windows on the outside, but there are screens from the inside that make it seem like night out. It will relive the scene from the movie in the bird. The ride system would be a pirate ship that turns around, so you are always facing forward when shooting across it. Inside the cabin, you have an AA Flik and Dot in the front next to the major screen, and screens alongside the rows. There are effects in the simulator also, like heat and "fire" to dents in the walls when grasshoppers pound on it. The ride will have 15 rows of 6 seats, and be 2.5 minutes long, so there won't be too bad capacity issues.

After this rejuvenating renovation, A Bug's Land will transform from the kiddie area to a well themed area for the whole family to enjoy with a mix of family thrills and fun for the kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom