Around the Resorts in 30 Days

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Also, I have a little "preview" collage for the contest. I'm not exactly saying what's in it... but these things probabbly be involved throughout the contest in some way... :)

89r0.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Happy Halloween Contestants!

Sign-Ups end tomorrow!

The Competition will begin Saturday, November 2.

I did this so it wouldn't conflict with the Imagineering Tournament Pre-Challenge. I didn't want to swamp people who want to compete in the ACS and the ICS at the same time.

Be Prepared! Our first stop is going to be a bit of a unique choice...

pixar-up-house.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Our Official List of Competitors for the First Season:

@ctxak98
@Matt7187
@danjen2331
@jdmdisney99
@MA Screamin'
@Voxel
@Zweiland
@englanddg

Attention Competitors. The First Challenge will be posted TODAY at 5:00 pm EST. It will be closed November 2nd at Midnight, and the new challenge will appear on November 3rd around 8:30am-9:30 am EST as planned.

I'm giving the first challenge a little more time because whoever wins the first challenge receives the advantage the next day. The first advantage in the competition. And Trust me, you want this first advantage. Plus, by then, judging will be taking place for the tournament, so it still won't conflict.

Get ready for a Wild Challenge!

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 1

What Does the Fox Say?

disneyland-paris-sleeping-beauty-castle-bricker-M.jpg

Welcome to Disneyland Paris!

Our first challenge brings us here to design a new restaurant in Disneyland Paris. Replace what you want, put it in new area, doesn't matter. Pick whichever land you'd like! Quick service or 5-star... go for it!

But here's the catch... You have to design your restaurant based on a movie with a Disney character whose a Fox. That's right. We're talking movies like Fox in the Hound, Song of the South, Robin Hood, Pinocchio, even Mary Poppins. Pick one and go with it!

Remember, Disneyland Paris is themed extremely well. It's beautiful really. Do something to that standard! And of course, Where you put it, make it fit, very well. Don't just stick Robin Hood in Frontierland.

You have until November 2nd at Midnight to create a restaurant to impress!

Last edited:

ctxak98

Challenge 1

What Does the Fox Say?

disneyland-paris-sleeping-beauty-castle-bricker-M.jpg

Welcome to Disneyland Paris!

Our first challenge brings us here to design a new restaurant in Disneyland Paris. replace what you want, put it in new area, doesn't matter. Pick whichever land you'd like! Quick service or 5-star... go for it!

But here's the catch... You have to design your restaurant based on a movie with a Disney character whose a Fox. That's right. We're talking movies like Fox in the Hound, Song of the South, Robin Hood, Pinocchio, even Mary Poppins. Pick one and go with it!

Remember, Disneyland Paris is themed extremely well. It's beautiful really. Do something to that standard! And of course, Where you put it, make it fit, very well. Don't just stick Robin Hood in Frontierland.

You have until November 2nd at Midnight to create a restaurant to impress!
So it needs to be based off the movie not the character right!?

jdmdisney99

The Fox Den (La Fox Den)
foxden_zps95167005.jpg

For Challenge 1: What Does the Fox Say?, I decided to make a new table service eatery based on Br'er Fox. Disneyland Park in Paris is one of the few magic kingdoms without a Splash Mountain attraction. To fit the theme, a new Critter Country land will be built with an entrance from Frontierland. To do so, the Chapparal Theater will be demolished and a pathway built underneath the railroad. The land's main attraction would be a new, updated, 21st century Splash Mountain (Le Splash Montagne). Flanking the ride is the main merchandise location, The Briar Patch (Le Briar Patch), and a unique, interactive restaurant, The Fox Den (La Fox Den). It would be in a hill structure and will have a cave-like appearance. Circling the restaurant would be a brand new feature. It would be a track, hidden in brickwork, for audio-animatronics to "walk around" the room in (like Ben Franklin in American Adventure). Moving figures of Br'er Fox, Br'er Rabbit, and a cavalcade of other characters (like those in Splash) would make the rounds, with scenes including Fox chasing Rabbit, Fox getting stuck, and Rabbit leading the other characters around the room in celebration. Br'er Bear would be a large figure in the middle of the room. The menu would include basic meats like beef, poultry, and pork (Br'er Fox's hunted items) while also selling mixed greens, salads, veggie wraps, etc. (Br'er Fox's foraged items). This Critter Country location would be such a wow factor that another attraction isn't needed (sans a few street performers/small shows within the thematic elements).
Exterior Example (behind sign):
MK_Splash_Mountain_3_by_Disney_Stock.jpg

Critter Country:
DatelineDisneyWOorld10302013-IMG_6433.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom