Around the Resorts in 30 Days

Voxel

President of Progress City
Challenge 6

Right on Track!

iors.jpg

Welcome to the Original, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort in California.

There's so many classics here, and your bringing one back… Sorta.

Say it with me… PEOPLEMOVER!!

Disneyland-Attraction-Poster-Peoplemover(1).jpg

That thing's track has been used for more then the classic PeopleMover… Check this out!

The Tron re-theme

and

photo%2B16.jpg

So, your Challenge this week is to create a new attraction for Tomorrowland, using the old track for the PeopleMover.

So, here's the rules this time.

Theme it to what you'd like. You can build new indoor Areas for the attraction to go through. You can do a PeopleMover, but you don't have to. Fast or slow, it still have to use the same route that's there. You can't build new routes. No new Passageway through Innoventions or the Matterhorn or something.

That's about it. Get Creative!

Good Luck to All!

Due Tonight at Midnight.

____

Advantage: Going Off Track

Now, @Zweiland your advantage. You can build new routes. Take it wherever you'd like, to DCA if you'd like! The only thing I ask of you is to have the same loading/unloading station, and it's nicely themed. The rest is up to you!

For this challenge I am going to do what very few parks have ever done before, I propose turning the people mover into a two for one attraction. That is correct there will be two attractions in this one ride. This will be done by changing the theming with the darkness of night to provide a whole new ride experience this will be explained more further below.
First off let me say that the ride vehicle will be identical to the ride vehicle currently used in Walt Disney World resort. This will provide a ride experience familiar to Disney fans and a tribute to Disneyland’s past. The body of the vehicle Will be modified to make use of fibrotic technology this will allow for a one-of-a-kind lighting experience at night that'll be used to change the ride.
march-17-pic2.jpg

Example of the Technology in use.

You maybe asking how are we going to create two different rides, well we will be using light itself. During the day the people mover Will be a tribute to Westcot the park that never was. With the night, the ride itself will transform into the world of Tron. With this transformation, not only will the lighting of the ride vehicle change but the scene around it and even the sign itself for the entrance.

Daytime The PeopleMover
During these hours it will retain the name PeopleMover.

The daytime experience will be back very similar to the Walt Disney World resort experience. The ride will tell you riders about the future taking them into tomorrow. One of the windows will contain a model of the westcot park never was.
westcot1_illustrative.jpg

Along the truck will also contain a model of Epcot,not the park, but the one Walt Disney picture in his dream world tomorrow.
epcotcutaway.jpg

Riding through innovations riders will get a chance to look down on exhibit such as asimov being demonstrated. Things such as stars wars and other rides, will have witty dialogue to blend the ride experience into one world. The best way to describe this is to picture how the Tomorrowland Transit Authority is used in Walt Disney World. All in all this peoplemover will be attribute to Disney land past the world that Walt Disney wish would come true.

Nighttime: The Data-Transfer

The ride will become the Data-Transfer.

As Disneyland resort goes dark the people mover Will transform into Tron. Many scenes of the people mover will undergo lighting changes that give it a try like appearance. The ride vehicle itself will transform into a into a transportation unit that will take riders into the digital world to speed faster then the daytime speed.

mercedes-blackbird-tron.jpeg

As riders begin their journey into torn the intro dialog will be from tron Legacy Will be played, than a flashing light Will represent their transportation into digital realm.

MrH_CityRoad.jpg

Many of the scenes will stay the same but undergo lighting experience and dialogue changes that will bring the Tron feel to the riders. But the biggest change will be seen as the ride vehicles enter the area of Autopia. Autopia itself will also under go a Tron transformation at night that'll provide an all new ride experience. The Autopia roadways will like up like the roads of Tron and the Peoplemover itself will travel faster through this segment with this music pumping in the back ground.

Conclusion

While this ride will not be going under a massive overhaul it will continue to be a long-standing classic of Walt Disney Imagineering. This ride will stand as a testament to Disneyland’s past and to the digital world of the future.

Matt7187

For the new peoplemover, I would totally enclose the track under a tunnel like roof and theme the ride to, wait for it...

Iron Man! That is right, Marvel's 1st full time attraction in any disney park! This attraction would involve you getting in a vehicle made by Stark Industries and touring a secret facility where they are testing new products, like new suits and vehicles. There will be almost all screens in this attraction, with an AA Tony Stark at the beginning and end. Overall, this new
attraction is sure to bring smiles to all members of the family.

Sorry it is a bit short, will continue to edit it as time goes by

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

For the new peoplemover, I would totally enclose the track under a tunnel like roof and theme the ride to, wait for it...

Iron Man! That is right, Marvel's 1st full time attraction in any disney park! This attraction would involve you getting in a vehicle made by Stark Industries and touring a secret facility where they are testing new products, like new suits and vehicles. Overall, this new
attraction is sure to bring smiles to all members of the family.

Sorry it is a bit short, will continue to edit it as time goes by

Zweiland

CHALLENGE 6: RIGHT ON TRACK! @Zweiland's SUBMISSION

I'd like to start off by saying that stuff came up and I didn't have much time to work on this challenge. Thanks for taking that into consideration.

The Challenge
Challenge 6

Right on Track!

Welcome to the Original, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort in California.

There's so many classics here, and your bringing one back… Sorta.

Say it with me… PEOPLEMOVER!!

That thing's track has been used for more then the classic PeopleMover… Check this out!

The Tron re-theme

and

So, your Challenge this week is to create a new attraction for Tomorrowland, using the old track for the PeopleMover.

So, here's the rules this time.

Theme it to what you'd like. You can build new indoor Areas for the attraction to go through. You can do a PeopleMover, but you don't have to. Fast or slow, it still have to use the same route that's there. You can't build new routes. No new Passageway through Innoventions or the Matterhorn or something.

That's about it. Get Creative!

Good Luck to All!

Due Tonight at Midnight.

The Advantage
Advantage: Going Off Track

Now, @Zweiland your advantage. You can build new routes. Take it wherever you'd like, to DCA if you'd like! The only thing I ask of you is to have the same loading/unloading station, and it's nicely themed. The rest is up to you!
Well, here's how I'm going to use this advantage... to my ADVANTAGE.

peoplemover layout.JPG

The track will be extended to on top of the It's A Small World show building, and into the backstage area. (That part will be indoors.) It will also be extended to on top of the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas. (That part will be indoors as well.)

The Ride
The ride vehicles will be futuristic looking "pods".
futuristic-landstorm-concept-vehicle-041.jpg

The ride itself will focus on futuristic modes of transportation. Specifically, transportation that doesn't harm the environment. These will include vehicles that operate on land, air, and sea.

Like,

As I said, I didn't have much time to go into detail, so please judge me only on the concept.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I won't have a post again tonight, I'm exhausted mentally right now...but I wanted to wish everyone who did good luck!

Loved what I've seen so far! Can't wait to hear who wins (and who "dethrones" me!)

For now, since I am emperor of the challenge in the top slot at the moment, I invite you all to look at my new clothes!

emperor-s-new-groove-o.gif

Ignore the llama.

MA Screamin'

For my reimagineering, I decided to veer away from franchises, as I wanted to create an attraction that held somewhat to the original Tomorrowland, a shining vision of the future where anything is possible. To accomplish this goal, I present to you the Coastopolis Railway!
Concept: As a redesign of Tomorrowland, I imagine a new retheme turning the land to a new bustling new city full of retro but modern views of the future (think Disney's Meet the Robinsons but a tad more realistic). As every city needs transportation, I thought the PeopleMover would work great.

Your tour of the city is led by Jonny. T, your quirky but knowledgeable robot conductor, who takes you around Coastopolis, until he accidentally hits a few wrong buttons, and chaos entails sending you soaring around the city.

Vehicle: Opposed to individual carts, the new Railway trains (3) are about as long as four carts, looking something like this (no roof though). Like the vehicle used in DINOSAUR in Animal Kingdom, it can sway back and forth.

maglev_highres2.jpg25397cc5-1e4d-4b47-b050-29af5684b12aLarge.jpg

I ran out of time to produce a full storyline, but here's the locations you'd encounter:

Town Square: Hovervehicles, billboards showing new products, and beautiful architecture surround this plaza that is the first scene.

Invention Ave: A outdoor shopping esplanade meets a inventor's lab as gizmos and gadgets are shown off here (think stuff you'd see in a Jetsons' cartoon).

Visions Gardens: Full of alien-like plants, this would be a tranquil, relaxing scene for guests, but Jonny nearly become hypnotized by it's beauty, and hits a wrong button, and we fly towards the downtown.

Downtown: We make you way through bustling downtown, as Jonny tries to slow us down, and thankfully after dodging a near crash, we make it back safetly to the station.

Sorry if I was kind of vague, but there you have it! :)

Voxel

I won't have a post again tonight, I'm exhausted mentally right now...but I wanted to wish everyone who did good luck!

Loved what I've seen so far! Can't wait to hear who wins (and who "dethrones" me!)

For now, since I am emperor of the challenge in the top slot at the moment, I invite you all to look at my new clothes!

emperor-s-new-groove-o.gif

Ignore the llama.

Matt7187

For my reimagineering, I decided to veer away from franchises, as I wanted to create an attraction that held somewhat to the original Tomorrowland, a shining vision of the future where anything is possible. To accomplish this goal, I present to you the Coastopolis Railway!
Concept: As a redesign of Tomorrowland, I imagine a new retheme turning the land to a new bustling new city full of retro but modern views of the future (think Disney's Meet the Robinsons but a tad more realistic). As every city needs transportation, I thought the PeopleMover would work great.

Your tour of the city is led by Jonny. T, your quirky but knowledgeable robot conductor, who takes you around Coastopolis, until he accidentally hits a few wrong buttons, and chaos entails sending you soaring around the city.

Vehicle: Opposed to individual carts, the new Railway trains (3) are about as long as four carts, looking something like this (no roof though). Like the vehicle used in DINOSAUR in Animal Kingdom, it can sway back and forth.

maglev_highres2.jpg25397cc5-1e4d-4b47-b050-29af5684b12aLarge.jpg

I ran out of time to produce a full storyline, but here's the locations you'd encounter:

Town Square: Hovervehicles, billboards showing new products, and beautiful architecture surround this plaza that is the first scene.

Invention Ave: A outdoor shopping esplanade meets a inventor's lab as gizmos and gadgets are shown off here (think stuff you'd see in a Jetsons' cartoon).

Visions Gardens: Full of alien-like plants, this would be a tranquil, relaxing scene for guests, but Jonny nearly become hypnotized by it's beauty, and hits a wrong button, and we fly towards the downtown.

Downtown: We make you way through bustling downtown, as Jonny tries to slow us down, and thankfully after dodging a near crash, we make it back safetly to the station.

Sorry if I was kind of vague, but there you have it! :)
Hate to be a little technical jerk, but your submission was 7 minutes late. :p

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@Voxel - I like the idea of two different rides! It's interesting! It'd really make you want to ride it twice.

The models would be amazing! I'd love to see a new Westcot and a new (the original) EPCOT model. It looks kinda sad over at WDW, so much more could be done to spruce that thing up.

People have wanted Tron over at DLR for a while. This is a good solution! I like how you made it different speeds, and different scenery, and the lights? Awesome!

Overall, I love how you kept the classic, but bring something new to the table as well. Great job!

@Matt7187 - Interesting idea for enclosing the track! I don't' know though, you could get some pretty nice views of Disneyland from there, I thought that would be a plus.

I LOVE the idea of using Marvel in Disney Parks. But, I don't know if it fits with Tomorrowland… Then again…

expo5.jpg

And if it the enclosed area was themed well from the outside… Hmmm…

Overall, Interesting idea! I don't know how I feel about an enclosed track though.

@Zweiland - :jawdrop: You have no idea how much on board I am with this, considering I love the dioramas. Small world? Matterhorn? Made my day.

Focusing on Transportation, that's brilliant!

Showing how the PeopleMover works with lighting, I'd love that.

Overall, Amazing job!

@MA Screamin' - I don't know how I feel about this. It makes me think, tiny monorail, by the design of it, and that it's suspend, even if it isn't a monorail.

But I love what you did with the ride itself! The conductor, the storyline, Re-design of Tomorrowland. Just great!

Overall, nice job on this! But I'm not sure about the design of the vehicles.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
The Winner of Challenge 6 is @Voxel ! The two in one deal is a cool idea!

Challenge 6 Results

1st - 3 points - @Voxel
2nd - 2 points - @Zweiland
3rd - 1 points - @MA Screamin'
4th - 0 points - @Matt7187
5th - 0 points - @ctxak98
6th - 0 points - @danjen2331
7th - 0 points - @englanddg
8th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99

The Scoreboard
1st (tied) - 8 points - @Voxel and @Zweiland
2nd - 7 points - @englanddg
3rd (tied) - 5 points - @jdmdisney99 and @ctxak98
4th- 2 points - @Matt7187
5th (tied) -1 point - @danjen2331 and @MA Screamin'

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 7

Trashin' The Camp

6rwc.jpg

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland!

Have you seen Adventureland here? Pretty Interesting!
disney+map+-A.jpg

So, You have the Jungle Cruise circling around their "Tom Sawyer's Island". Then you have an entire Island themed to Tarzan. Well, not the entire island, Just the treehouse. This surrounding the Jungle Cruise has some serious potential. This can go way more then just Tarzan. What exactly you say?

Park_adventureland.jpg

Well, that's for you to decide.

I'm giving you an island. An entire island, around the Jungle Cruise. To do what you'd like to it.

Theme it well, theme it different, just make sure it makes sense with the Jungle Cruise. Remember, a ton of this island does include the Jungle Cruise.

So, I'm not only letting you to re-design an entire island, but a classic disney ride. (Technically, it may not really needed here, but hey, fun layout to work with! :D )

Same time, Same Place. You got until Midnight.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Advantage: It's a Little Orange Bird!

Ah, the little orange bird. Known well at WDW.

Tackett_OrangeBird_1024x768.jpg

This cute little guy is going to be a pain. By who, you ask? Well, whoever you want!

Yes, we're back to sabotage.

Choose who you'd like to have to include this cute little guy in their design.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't like this sweet little bird in their concept?

Orange-Bird-Pin.jpg

ctxak98

Challenge 7

Trashin' The Camp

6rwc.jpg

disney+map+-A.jpg

So, You have the Jungle Cruise circling around their "Tom Sawyer's Island". Then you have an entire Island themed to Tarzan. Well, not the entire island, Just the treehouse. This surrounding the Jungle Cruise has some serious potential. This can go way more then just Tarzan. What exactly you say?

Park_adventureland.jpg

I'm giving you an island. An entire island, around the Jungle Cruise. To do what you'd like to it.

Theme it well, theme it different, just make sure it makes sense with the Jungle Cruise. Remember, a ton of this island does include the Jungle Cruise.

So, I'm not only letting you to re-design an entire island, but a classic disney ride. (Technically, it may not really needed here, but hey, fun layout to work with! :D )

Does this mean we can change the jungle cruise!?

Voxel

Advantage: It's a Little Orange Bird!

Ah, the little orange bird. Known well at WDW.

Tackett_OrangeBird_1024x768.jpg

This cute little guy is going to be a pain. By who, you ask? Well, whoever you want!

Yes, we're back to sabotage.
Choose who you'd like to have to include this cute little guy in their design.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't like this sweet little bird in their concept?

Orange-Bird-Pin.jpg
So I have to sabotage someone with this cute guy!!!! But he is so cute and I actually had an idea for him.. hmmm let me think on who to sabotage.

Voxel

Challenge 7

Trashin' The Camp

6rwc.jpg

disney+map+-A.jpg

Park_adventureland.jpg

Also, are we limited to the island or can we build on the land around the island to get to the island.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I hate helpdesk.

User: "Where's my MS Word?"
Me: "You don't have word, you have OpenOffice." <remotes in and opens up OpenOffice>
User: "Yeah, but I want to use Word. This won't work."
Me: "It does the same thing."
User: "No, it's not the same. I have a very important letter I need to type."
Me: "What's different?"
User: "It looks funny."
Me: "Well this is what we have, give it a shot. If you have any questions after you try to type your letter, let me know, ok?"
User: "I guess, this isn't gonna work I bet."
Me: <sigh> "Ok."
User: "Look, if I don't get MS Word, I'm gonna complain to my boss."
Me: "Just give it a shot first."

<what I really wanted to say was "Fine, tell my boss that you are gonna fork out the $230 bucks for a MS Office license, because your 'boss' not wanting to pay for MS Office licenses is why we don't have MS Word and use OpenOffice.">

At the same time I have a user who is convinced her computer...is slow.

Even though I'm watching her work and it's fine.

"My computer is slow" is the WORST helpdesk complaint of all time.

</rant>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom