Around the Resorts in 30 Days

Zweiland

I would like to raise an appeal.

Sorry @jdmdisney99, but the original contest rules said "no rides based on past concepts unless asked". Moving the Sorcerer's Hat to the front was a past concept by the Imagineers, in fact, it was the original plan. You referenced this in your post as well.

Again, sorry. Just being my usual competitive self. ;)

jdmdisney99

Sorry @jdmdisney99, but the original contest rules said "no rides based on past concepts unless asked". Moving the Sorcerer's Hat to the front was a past concept by the Imagineers, in fact, it was the original plan. You referenced this in your post as well.

If we are being technical, it says no past ride concepts, and mine wasn't a ride ;)

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

If you get down to the points, it doesn't really matter for that challenge.

If we are being technical, it says no past ride concepts, and mine wasn't a ride ;)

True

But when it gives examples, it lists the Africa Pavilion and Westcot.

Sooooo... I rest my case. :p

True again. I guess I should've been a bit more specific.

For future challenges:

No past concepts, at all. No rides, No shopping, No restaurants, No clubs, No areas, No lands, ect.

But, @jdmdisney99 found a loophole, so I'll let it go for Challenge 4.

Zweiland

I have a question for challenge 5. Does it have to be specifically a Christmas based overlay, or can it be another winter holiday?

Voxel

President of Progress City
I have a question for everyone, not related to this competition but you guys have become the group I am closest to on the forum. So my girlfriend and I just graduated College in June and she has never been on a full trip to Disney World (only been to the Magic Kingdom, I on the other hand grew up in the World), So I am taking her on a 7 day vacation with 5 days at Disney World with 2 days in Sea World. Now I wont being stay on resort property due to being a recent college graduate and my parents condo only costing 200 dollars for a week. What I am getting at is should I do a trip report, would anyone be interested, and if so what type of things would you like to see.

ctxak98

Challenge 5

It's Overlay Time!

g2b0.jpg

Welcome to Tokyo Disneyland!

As you may know, it's November, so the parks are getting ready around the world for the holidays!

Tokyo isn't any different.

Jack does his overlay.

12102202_450.jpg

And the Country Bears.

112304cbjcs.jpg

Even Dreamlights gets some fun stuff added to it.

P1030612.JPG

So, we're doing a little "Experimenting" with an attraction that hasn't really had any type of overlay before. With some awesome technology, I must say.

pooh-s-hunny-hunt-a-brilliant.jpg

You get to work with Pooh's Hunny Hunt!

The goal is to do a nice little christmas overlay of the attraction.

Winnie_the_Pooh_and_Christmas_Too_Coverart.png

Based on a special or come up with your own story. Go Crazy.

Some sets will be easier then others for the overlay, so I'll wish you guys luck on that.

If you haven't seen it, you'll wish the American Parks had it!

Good Luck Competitors! Due tomorrow at Midnight.

Ok for this week I was given extra time and I thought I was going to need it, however I managed to come up with an idea that I like and think its the best I am going to come up with!

For my overlay of Pooh's Hunny Hunt! I am going to do the Christmas theme with a very, very, very....snowy approach! It might even Blizzard!? ;). The ride will open around November sometime and last through the holidays! It will be called "Happy Holidays in the Hundred Acre Woods". The Holiday Overlay will keep most of the ride in tact with a few major transformation and minor changes!

For one the whole audio will have to change to fit along with the story. The new story is inspired by a classic Winnie the Pooh tale where Tigger bounces too high and gets stuck in the tree!

I decided to create a new version of this story. The story is its Christmas Eve in the Hundred Acre Wood and Everyone is getting ready for the big party and everyone is home except Tigger. And with a blizzard on the way everyone is getting worried. Tigger has gone out to get Pooh's present which is a batch of Hunny for Pooh from the Hunny tree. When Tiiger bounces up to get the hunny he realizes he bounced too high and is too scared to come down! So Tigger yells for help. All the gang get really worried and go in search for Tigger during the peak of the Blizzard! They find Tigger and Pooh Climbs the tree to help Tigger down but Pooh falls inside the honey tree! Which is ok in the end because Pooh gets his Christmas Present early. The End.

3f02d05f13e95cea48e0948ef3884c52f99c4bb9.jpg

The queue and entrance will also be getting new additions plus a winter snow overlay to keep the holiday theme!

So The changes to ride will be that the whole ride will get a Snowy overlay. Right in the beginning Pooh dressed in Holiday gear and Christopher Robin talk about the Christmas Party he is throwing! So the Fall look will turn to Winter and All the AA figures will get scarfs and hats and mittens on! In the beginning section pooh will come down from the balloon and a NEW AA figure of Kessie, the bird featured on a few new adventure of Winnie the pooh episodes!

kessie-209026.jpg

Also the dialogue will change and everyone will be talking about the big party and towards the end you here Rabbit asking where Tigger is? (The Wind will be blowing around signaling that a blizzard is coming.

The next scene takes you to the part where Tigger jumps too high. He talks to the rides saying watch how high I can jump and jumps straight up into the Hunny tree. Snow falls on guests (fake foam snow) from the branches Tigger jumps on and yells for help.

The Next scene is in where the Heffalumps and Woozles usually are. This will get a new overlay as another woodsy scene but much darker and colder with much more wind and blizzard effect. The whole hundred acre wood is found in the forest searching for Tigger and Then you eventually come Upon Tigger and Pooh is climbing the Tree. The next scene shows Tigger down and Pooh stuck in the tree. Then the final scene stays the same with Pooh in the Hunny Tree saying he loves Christmas!

The Snow effect is similar to this from FJ

I don't describe anything too in detail here but in short here are the changes
1.snowy look (winter)
2.Kessie bird
3.Story Change
4.Heffalumps scene now additional Hundred Acre Woods search for Tigger(Heffalumps covered by new themed walls)
5.Snowing effects
6.New dialogue with narrator explaining whats going on in between scenes
7.New themes of winter snow in the queue and entrance signage
8.New title for ride

Hope you guys like it!
l_winter%20in%20woods.jpg

danjen2331

Challenge 5

The Winter-Season overlay I designed for Pooh’s Hunny Hunt in TDL will be based off of the Christmas Carol and will be called: Winnie the Pooh’s Magical Christmas Carol! This story will take place after the events of the original ride’s storyline; Pooh has all his honey but has become obsessed over it putting his love and desire to eat honey over his friends. When a Winter Storm hits, Pooh ignores his friends and just eats his honey, not helping his friends who all are having problems. Owl’s roof has collapsed, Eyore has no house, Roo is blowing away from Kanga, Rabbits crops have failed, and Piglet is stuck in a snowman. In the Tigger scene, Tigger is trying to get to Pooh’s house but is getting lost in the blizzard culminating with him getting stuck in a snowdrift on a tree branch. Meanwhile Pooh is in his house eating more honey… the screen and room turns to black as three Heffalump heads appear. The dream sequence remains mostly unchanged from the original ride. After the dream, we find all the friends are safe and with Pooh, whose priorities are now straight, and they all are eating his honey together! A very merry ending indeed!

Zweiland

CHALLENGE 5: IT'S OVERLAY TIME! @Zweiland's SUBMISSION

The Challenge
Challenge 5
It's Overlay Time!
Welcome to Tokyo Disneyland!

As you may know, it's November, so the parks are getting ready around the world for the holidays!

Tokyo isn't any different.

Jack does his overlay.

And the Country Bears.

Even Dreamlights gets some fun stuff added to it.

So, we're doing a little "Experimenting" with an attraction that hasn't really had any type of overlay before. With some awesome technology, I must say.

You get to work with Pooh's Hunny Hunt!

The goal is to do a nice little christmas overlay of the attraction.

Based on a special or come up with your own story. Go Crazy.

Some sets will be easier then others for the overlay, so I'll wish you guys luck on that.

If you haven't seen it, you'll wish the American Parks had it!

Good Luck Competitors! Due tomorrow at Midnight.

The Solution
The one thing that every Pooh dark ride all over the world has in common is, they all focus mainly on Pooh himself. And with good reason. He is the main character, isn't he? Well, sometimes the main character isn't the most interesting one.

That's why Imaginary Imagineering has decided this challenge that for this overlay, they will focus on another main character. Someone likable, shy, and rather small.

You guessed right. Piglet!

piglets_34.jpg

What?

No, not that one.

Piglet-from-Winnie-the-Pooh.jpg

That's the guy!

Presenting...

A Rather Small Sort Of Christmas

The Facade
The facade will stay the same. We'll let the snow that regularly falls around Tokyo in the winter do the work for us!

castle_snow.jpg

See what I mean? Now imagine the Pooh's Hunny Hunt facade covered in that beautiful snow. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pictures. :bored:

The Queue
Here's what the queue looks like normally.

A couple changes will be made. First of all, giant paper snowflakes will be hung from the ceiling and the "books" will be decorated around the sides with lights and garlands. Also, the books themselves will be updated with pages from all the Pooh books set in the winter. None of the pages will include any information on the story of the ride, however. We want that to be a surprise!

The Ride
Instead of drifting down a river, you'll be sliding along a frozen river. The floor will look like this.

b1e16f645234f1814c87188a0bac0a20.wix_mp_1024

Below is a useful table of the changes that will be made.

Hunny Hunt Overlay.JPG

I think you can probably grasp the story from that. In case you can't, however, here goes.

Christopher Robin tells Pooh and Piglet that Christmas is coming up. Piglet frantically starts making a list of all the gifts he will give. When the list blows away, Piglet goes through a series of misadventures to try to get it back. Not being able to catch the list, Piglet falls asleep and dreams of being Santa Claus and giving everyone the gifts they want. When Piglet wakes up, all his friends are there to celebrate Christmas with him. He realizes that gifts and presents don't matter as simply spending time with people you know and love.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
The Winner of Challenge 5 is @Zweiland ! The overlay was great! One advantage and a Challenge coming up!

Challenge 5 Results
1st - 3 points -@Zweiland
2nd - 2 points -@ctxak98
3rd - 1 points - @danjen2331
4th - 0 points - @Matt7187
5th - 0 points - @englanddg
6th - 0 points - @Voxel
7th - 0 points - @jdmdisney99
8th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'

The Scoreboard
1st - 7 points - @englanddg
2nd (tied) - 6 points - @jdmdisney99 , @ctxak98 , @Zweiland
3rd - 5 points - @Voxel

4th- 2 points - @Matt7187
5th -1 points - @danjen2331
6th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 6

Right on Track!

iors.jpg

Welcome to the Original, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort in California.

There's so many classics here, and your bringing one back… Sorta.

Say it with me… PEOPLEMOVER!!

Disneyland-Attraction-Poster-Peoplemover(1).jpg

That thing's track has been used for more then the classic PeopleMover… Check this out!

The Tron re-theme

and

photo%2B16.jpg

So, your Challenge this week is to create a new attraction for Tomorrowland, using the old track for the PeopleMover.

So, here's the rules this time.

Theme it to what you'd like. You can build new indoor Areas for the attraction to go through. You can do a PeopleMover, but you don't have to. Fast or slow, it still have to use the same route that's there. You can't build new routes. No new Passageway through Innoventions or the Matterhorn or something.

That's about it. Get Creative!

Good Luck to All!

Due Tonight at Midnight.

____

Advantage: Going Off Track

Now, @Zweiland your advantage. You can build new routes. Take it wherever you'd like, to DCA if you'd like! The only thing I ask of you is to have the same loading/unloading station, and it's nicely themed. The rest is up to you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom