Around the Resorts in 30 Days

jdmdisney99

We still have @Zweiland and @MA Screamin' ... I want to give them a chance if they post so...
Wow, I could have sworn they posted...
bat-dance.gif

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Challenge 4

Sharing a Dream Come True

We've landed!

Hollywood_Boulevard_at_Disney's_Hollywod_Studios_by_The_Consortium.jpg

Welcome to Hollywood Studios!

Your going to make many, many Disney fans dream come true. Guess why…. Come on, I think you know what it is!

Your tearing down the hat!

tumblr_lueo600QrT1qfdwsio1_500.gif

Yes, THE HAT!!!!

Fangirling-7.gif

tumblr_mriltovGVT1r6xu3mo1_400.gif

But wait, Your not just destroying it..

tumblr_lxyojuwxFZ1rn95k2o1_500.gif

We're pro-conservation here at Around the Resorts in 30 Days. In that sprit, you get to move the hat somewhere else in Walt Disney World, and you get to do something with it!

Make it an icon somewhere else, turn it into a restaurant, a stage, just don't leave it in front of the Chinese Theatre!

Yes, you can empty the inside of the hat out, for more space, if you'd like.

The only other rule is whatever you do to it, don't keep it a merchandise area. It's to big just to be for merchandise. Anything else, go crazy.

I doubt your unfamiliar with the hat, but here's a video to take a look at this thing!

Due Tomorrow at Midnight.

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

Challenge 4

We've landed!

Your going to make many, many Disney fans dream come true. Guess why…. Come on, I think you know what it is!

Yes, THE HAT!!!!

Fangirling-7.gif

We're pro-conservation here at Around the Resorts in 30 Days. In that sprit, you get to move the hat somewhere else in Walt Disney World, and you get to do something with it!

Make it an icon somewhere else, turn it into a restaurant, a stage, just don't leave it in front of the Chinese Theatre!

The only other rule is whatever you do to it, don't keep it a merchandise area. It's to big just to be for merchandise. Anything else, go crazy.

I doubt your unfamiliar with the hat, but here's a video to take a look at this thing!

joker.gif

Zweiland

CHALLENGE 3: UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT- @Zweiland's SUBMISSION
THE CHALLENGE
Challenge 3

Under New Management!

Welcome to Shanghai Disneyland contestants!

There's something about the Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room that just screams Disney Parks, isn't there? Well guess what…. We're bringing it to Shanghai! Just not as you think…

I don't want any… I mean any Tiki's in this Tiki Room … Or the classic four birds that we know so well….

You guys have to do a show with singing birds, plants, and whatever other magic you can bring together for a musical show!

Same elements as the regular old tiki room. Most of the show should be suspended above you. Show be similar to a musical show, nothing to crazy. Guests must stay in stable seats, no Philharmagic elements here people. Just a nice rif on a classic. Hopefully with some new technology or a pre-show, but not required.

Since we don't know much about "Main Street" and "Tomorrowland" or even "Frontierland" there, you guys are allowed to use 2 lands for you new attraction, Fantasyland or Adventureland. Pick one and build your theme from there!

You can use different known disney characters from disney movies, if you wish.

It's Monday, and well Monday's are a pain. So I'll help you guys out a tiny bit with some pictures to get some ideas. Seriously, these are just ideas, use what you want!

Contestants, I need a fresh take on a Disney Park classic before the clock strikes 12!

Now, on another note, I'm going to see if this can add something for this competition...

The Winner of Challenge 3 will receive the advantage of points. Yes, 3 nice points!

Good Luck!

THE SOLUTION
Shanghai has a warm, humid subtropical climate. Their winters get cold, but never below freezing. So, I decided to bring some snow to Disneyland!

Presenting...

Snowbound Spectacular Logo.JPG

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a seasonal overlay. This is a year round ride experience. More on this later.

OVERVIEW
The birds and animals of the tropical forest are having an annual party! But they've got some trouble on their hands. A new bird, Erik, has just flown in from Scandinavia. Erik is having a hard time adjusting to the tropical climate. So, he manages to make the tropical climate... adjust to him! Erik creates a magical snowstorm, which angers the other animals.

This all-new animatronic show premiering on Opening Day at Shanghai Disney Resort will feature memorable music, instantly likable characters, and state of the art special effects. So climb on board and we'll fly away to Walt Disney's Snowbound Spectacular!

This attraction will be located in Fantasyland. I believe it will fit the theme since the original dedication of Fantasyland in Disneyland California said "In this timeless land of enchantment the age of chivalry, magic and make-believe are reborn and fairy tales come true." Snowbound Spectacle will include magic and make believe, so it fits the theme perfectly!

Here's a map of the area. I'm going to refer back to this, so keep it on hand.

Snowbound Spectacular Layout.JPG

FACADE
The facade will be themed to a snow-capped log cabin.

1-snow-covered-cabin.jpg

Palm trees with "snow" will be everywhere, adding to the "tropical snowstorm" theme.

1.1266150527.palm-tree-plus-snow-5904.jpg

QUEUE
The queue will be completely outdoors. Signage will feature the above logo and will be covered in "snow" as well. The entire area will be completely immersive.

About halfway through the queue, guests will encounter interactive talking snowmen. This will use technology similar to Mr. Potato Head in TSMM.

mrpotatoheadtoystorymania-767x1024.jpg

photo36.jpeg

Also, they will encounter jungle animals made out of snow. Presumably the jungle animals have taken up the art of snow sculpture by themselves.

Some of the snow animals will be playing music for entertainment.

image.jpg

SHOW
Take another look at this map.

Snowbound Spectacular Layout.JPG

As you can see, there are 2 separate theaters. This is to increase the overall capacity.

The circles are "show scenes", which are like floats that revolve around a track. This allows for quick scene changes, while still leaving some elements of the scenery in place. There are 5 scenes in each show. However, most of the animals are suspended from swings above, so they stay in place the entire time.

Here's a quick description of each scene.

SCENE 1
When you take your seat, the curtains open. It's a Tropical Serenade, almost like the Tiki Rooms in Disneyland California and Walt Disney World! You won't find any of the familiar characters here, however. This time, it's the jungle animals having a party! Assorted birds, gorillas, rhinoceroses, lions, snakes, alligators, and other animals from all over the world have been invited to this Annual Reunion. This is a time when the predators and the prey can mingle feeling no animosity towards each other.
SONG: TONIGHT IS THE PERFECT NIGHT

SCENE 2
Of course, everything soon goes wrong. A clumsy bird named Erik flies in to widespread annoyance, and announces that he has come from Scandinavia. The rest of the animals try to continue with their party, but Erik keeps disrupting it in many ways. He falls in the bucket of punch, pins a tail on a real donkey accidentally, and eats all the cake. Then, to top it all off, he announces that he feels too warm in this climate. He breaks open a snow globe... and "real" snow starts pouring down from the rafters! Soon, everything is coated in the white stuff.
SONG: THE BEST PART OF WEATHER IS SNOW

SCENE 3
The other animals are getting very mad by this point. The gorillas start to chase after Erik, causing a chain reaction of rather unfortunate events to occur. It goes something like this: The gorillas run into the backside of a hippopotamus, causing her to bellow in anger. This startles a group of field mice, who scatter in every direction. The mice run under the feet of an elephant, who crashes and breaks all the instruments of the band (who have still been playing through all this).
SONG: GALLOPING GRUMBLING BEASTS

SCENE 4
By now, everything is in shambles. The tables and dishes are all broken. One of the clever chimpanzees stares, puzzled, at the piles of snow around him. In time, he discovers that he can mold sculptures out of the snow. He chatters excitedly to another chimp beside him, who begins doing the same thing. Soon enough, all of the animals are making sculptures out of snow. (Of course, they can't actually mold the sculptures, so they rise out of the ground.) Erik peeks out from behind a broken chair, but the other animals are too busy to care.
SONG: SIMILAR TO "WHAT"S THIS?" IN THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

SCENE 5
We awaken on a beautiful winter morning. A narrator bird describes how, even a year later, the eternal snow still covers the land. Erik is now a welcome member of the group, in fact, he helps organize the annual parties. Snow sculptures and igloos are everywhere, demonstrating how the animals have adapted to their new habitat. For the finale, everyone comes out and takes a bow.
SONG: LIFE GOES ON (IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WAY)

At the end, a large sweeping machine will sweep all the snow off in preparation for the next show.

Well, that's all I've got. Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Challenge 4

We've landed!

Yes, THE HAT!!!!

Fangirling-7.gif

Oh this is easy. I would like to move it to here and make it a memorial to monorail footers.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=28.414469,-81.59717&spn=0.000338,0.000603&t=h&z=21

(kidding, not my final post)

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - I love the idea! It works with the gardens! It's great! I love how you made scene's change to the song. I also like how you adding scene changes, the bird changes, that would be some cool technology! The live performers we're an interesting twist! I liked it!

And the Peter Pan part? Awesome!

I can't help but like this, it's mostly princesses, I'm a girl. It just works. Simple Math. :D

Example A

tumblr_lxryj8uh0d1r4filmo1_250.gif

tumblr_lz6wsfXBUD1qkfiquo2_250.gif

Overall, Great job! I think it fits in with Shanghai really well! Plus the show is awesome! I'd see it, even if it was in another language!

@Voxel - I like how you handled your sabotage. It was a fun way to include new characters. Your characters had some serious fun and depth to them because of the music. I like the music you picked for this as well! The location was perfect!

And, if it is successful, it could be a thing brought to Hollywood Studios, DLRP Studios, and even DCA.

Overall, love the idea! Great job!

@Matt7187 - I like the idea of having another pirate themed attraction! The queue sounded cool and the story sounded interesting. I really enjoyed how you included Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me, It's really a classic.

I just wish it was more music based, like the Tiki Room. It sounded like it may scare kids, with the whole pirate coming back to life and the narrator running out. I could see people enjoying it though.

Overall, interesting idea, but I'm worried about how kids may enjoy it.

@ctxak98 - I love this idea! This really brings sing along songs to life! I like the queue and the idea of going into the schoolhouse.

The float idea sounds interesting! Kind of the solution to the Tikis on the walls aside from the birds. It's a perfect mash up. And I'd like to add, Dinosaurs was a nice touch.

Overall, great job! I loved it!

@englanddg - I love how you themed it to a circus. It makes it fit with the Shanghai Fantasyland area perfectly! The crows from Dumbo are a nice transition idea! I even like how they we're part of the show. The bee scenes sound hilarious.

I like how you came up with the 3D sounds effects as well. I really brought something to the show.

Overall, good job! I can see it being a great show in Shanghai!

@danjen2331 - I like how you used the Jungle Book! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's a brilliant idea!

I like what you did a lot! Baloo and King Louie would be great hosts! It sort of reminded me of TaleSpin in a weird way. It worked!

Overall, I loved it!

@Zweiland - I like how you did the opposite of the climate in Shanghai! The queue, the snow, the snowmen, just perfect!

I like the storyline and how it fits into Fantasyland. With the Jungle Animals though, I could even see this being near the boarder of Fantasyland and Adventureland.

Overrall, Great Job!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
The winner of Challenge 3 is @jdmdisney99 . It really did fit well in the Shanghai Fantasyland area, and the technology sounded great! @jdmdisney99 you got 3 extra points from winning the last challenge, compete today or not, you still got some points to carry! Do what you'd like.

Challenge 3 Results
1st - 3 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd - 2 points - @Zweiland
3rd - 1 points - @ctxak98
4th - 0 points - @Voxel
5th - 0 points - @danjen2331
6th - 0 points - @englanddg
7th - 0 points - @Matt7187
8th - 0 points - @MA Screamin'

The Scoreboard
1st - 6 points - @jdmdisney99
2nd(tied) - 5 points - @englanddg and @Voxel
3rd - 3 points - @Zweiland

4th(tied)- 1 point - @ctxak98 and @Matt7187
5th - 0 points - @danjen2331 and @MA Screamin'

Quick! To Challenge 4!

tumblr_lmc8f3g4VL1qd9quco1_500.gif

Remember, it's due tonight.

Zweiland

Critiques

@jdmdisney99 - I love the idea! It works with the gardens! It's great! I love how you made scene's change to the song. I also like how you adding scene changes, the bird changes, that would be some cool technology! The live performers we're an interesting twist! I liked it!

And the Peter Pan part? Awesome!

I can't help but like this, it's mostly princesses, I'm a girl. It just works. Simple Math. :D

Example A

tumblr_lxryj8uh0d1r4filmo1_250.gif

tumblr_lz6wsfXBUD1qkfiquo2_250.gif

Overall, Great job! I think it fits in with Shanghai really well! Plus the show is awesome! I'd see it, even if it was in another language!

@Voxel - I like how you handled your sabotage. It was a fun way to include new characters. Your characters had some serious fun and depth to them because of the music. I like the music you picked for this as well! The location was perfect!

And, if it is successful, it could be a thing brought to Hollywood Studios, DLRP Studios, and even DCA.

Overall, love the idea! Great job!

@Matt7187 - I like the idea of having another pirate themed attraction! The queue sounded cool and the story sounded interesting. I really enjoyed how you included Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me, It's really a classic.

I just wish it was more music based, like the Tiki Room. It sounded like it may scare kids, with the whole pirate coming back to life and the narrator running out. I could see people enjoying it though.

Overall, interesting idea, but I'm worried about how kids may enjoy it.

@ctxak98 - I love this idea! This really brings sing along songs to life! I like the queue and the idea of going into the schoolhouse.

The float idea sounds interesting! Kind of the solution to the Tikis on the walls aside from the birds. It's a perfect mash up. And I'd like to add, Dinosaurs was a nice touch.

Overall, great job! I loved it!

@englanddg - I love how you themed it to a circus. It makes it fit with the Shanghai Fantasyland area perfectly! The crows from Dumbo are a nice transition idea! I even like how they we're part of the show. The bee scenes sound hilarious.

I like how you came up with the 3D sounds effects as well. I really brought something to the show.

Overall, good job! I can see it being a great show in Shanghai!

@danjen2331 - I like how you used the Jungle Book! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's a brilliant idea!

I like what you did a lot! Baloo and King Louie would be great hosts! It sort of reminded me of TaleSpin in a weird way. It worked!

Overall, I loved it!

@Zweiland - I like how you did the opposite of the climate in Shanghai! The queue, the snow, the snowmen, just perfect!

I like the storyline and how it fits into Fantasyland. With the Jungle Animals though, I could even see this being near the boarder of Fantasyland and Adventureland.

Overrall, Great Job!
Will Fantasyland and Adventurland border there? If so, that's a good idea. Thanks for the critique, and I'll see you all tonight!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Will Fantasyland and Adventurland border there? If so, that's a good idea. Thanks for the critique, and I'll see you all tonight!

I think that by the looks of the pictures, there's some fantasyland in the front, and some in the back. Like the classic stuff Dumbo and carosel stuff is in the front with a county fair like feel, and the back of the castle is Fantasyland? :confused: I have no idea though, that's my opinion.

jdmdisney99

I think that by the looks of the pictures, there's some fantasyland in the front, and some in the back. Like the classic stuff Dumbo and carosel stuff is in the front with a county fair like feel, and the back of the castle is Fantasyland? :confused: I have no idea though, that's my opinion.
Just looking at maps/art of he place gives me the chills in a way. It's going to be amazing...:jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom