Aristocats Toulouse and Berlioz coming to WDW

Kman101

I thought she was regular at Epcot but maybe not. Probably because I had just started going back to WDW around 2006/2007 when she first started at Epcot. Dopey used to meet with Snow White in Epcot too.

So many characters have been dumped by WDW mgmt.

MagicHappens1971

No and he never has been as far as I know. I think you have bumped into him during training meets.
Your probably right, because he's not on the app like the other characters. And why do characters go out on training if they don't meet regularly?

I thought she was regular at Epcot but maybe not. Probably because I had just started going back to WDW around 2006/2007 when she first started at Epcot. Dopey used to meet with Snow White in Epcot too.

Why do they dump so many characters? I've always wanted to meet Dopey, and you can't really find him. And why do we never see Ariel with her human legs?

brb1006

I think Marie was a regular character at Epcot during those years. But not many have noticed she was that at the France Pavilion. She kinda looked lonely sometimes unless a young kid sees her.

Kman101

You can sometimes find some rare characters when they do training at Epcot. Does Hollywood Studios still do the character-palooza?

I rarely see anyone different at MK. Sometimes at AK. AK used to have some 'rare' ones appear near the front of the park (like Launchpad) but that was back in the same time period, 2006/2007.

Not sure why WDW mgmt or entertainment or whoever, dumps the characters. I'd imagine it's because of money, scheduling and that they want characters out who sell merchandise or to promote a movie. I think having 'set' meet and greets has had a lot to do with this, but asianway, drew81, etc. could probably offer the real reasons, whatever they may be. I'd imagine they need to staff a bunch of Mickey's and Princesses. Wasn't staffing Elsa or Anna why Wendy no longer meets?

And for example, Clarice isn't at all rare in Paris.

asianway

Your probably right, because he's not on the app like the other characters. And why do characters go out on training if they don't meet regularly?

Why do they dump so many characters? I've always wanted to meet Dopey, and you can't really find him. And why do we never see Ariel with her human legs?
First part-integrity, but they've turned a blind eye to that now and use VIPs.

Second is to make way for multi room greets.

wdrive

They can be new cast members or training for a special event. Captain Hook still appears at the Pirates and Pals Firework Voyage.

wdrive

You can sometimes find some rare characters when they do training at Epcot. Does Hollywood Studios still do the character-palooza?

I rarely see anyone different at MK. Sometimes at AK. AK used to have some 'rare' ones appear near the front of the park (like Launchpad) but that was back in the same time period, 2006/2007.

Not sure why WDW mgmt or entertainment or whoever, dumps the characters. I'd imagine it's because of money, scheduling and that they want characters out who sell merchandise or to promote a movie. I think having 'set' meet and greets has had a lot to do with this, but asianway, drew81, etc. could probably offer the real reasons, whatever they may be. I'd imagine they need to staff a bunch of Mickey's and Princesses. Wasn't staffing Elsa or Anna why Wendy no longer meets?

And for example, Clarice isn't at all rare in Paris.

Character Palooza has been split up and occurs in multiple locations now so is much harder to plan a visit around.

There seems to be less characters out not because of multi-room meet and greets like the Princess Hall, Town Square Theater, Character Spot at Epcot etc. Think of just Rapunzel at the MK. There's two rooms for her so that makes 2 Rapunzels out at once. Fill in for breaks that makes 4 on the clock at anyone time. Then factor in shifts to cover the entire day. At a bare minimum that makes 8 Rapunzels. Go back to the old days of character meet and greets where there was only really 1 of each character each day and that's a huge difference. If there was only one Rapunzel out a day you could have Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Dopey, Wendy and the rest all out.

I would still say Clarice is pretty rare in Paris. You'll not see her on your average day meeting guests.

MagicHappens1971

Character Palooza has been split up and occurs in multiple locations now so is much harder to plan a visit around.

There seems to be less characters out not because of multi-room meet and greets like the Princess Hall, Town Square Theater, Character Spot at Epcot etc. Think of just Rapunzel at the MK. There's two rooms for her so that makes 2 Rapunzels out at once. Fill in for breaks that makes 4 on the clock at anyone time. Then factor in shifts to cover the entire day. At a bare minimum that makes 8 Rapunzels. Go back to the old days of character meet and greets where there was only really 1 of each character each day and that's a huge difference. If there was only one Rapunzel out a day you could have Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Dopey, Wendy and the rest all out.
That makes a lot of sense, why don't they do that then? Why do they need to put out 8 Rapunzels? Or any character in that sense

Kman101

I would still say Clarice is pretty rare in Paris. You'll not see her on your average day meeting guests.

That makes sense. That's what I was getting at, the numerous rooms now need multiple people playing the role or wearing a costume so that cuts down on the 'extra' meet and greets. It shouldn't, but I get it.

And true, Clarice doesn't meet and greet but they use her in parades and their spring show. I should have clarified, lol.

MagicHappens1971

Because your average guest wants to meet Rapunzel and doesn't care about Pinocchio.
That I get, but I don't get why they need 8 Rapunzels. Cast work 12 hour shifts right? So if they take a break, every what 30 mins? They could still use the same cast member or at the most two?

asianway

Correct Clarice is rare in Paris, Tokyo is where she's easy to find

wdrive

That I get, but I don't get why they need 8 Rapunzels. Cast work 12 hour shifts right? So if they take a break, every what 30 mins? They could still use the same cast member or at the most two?

I don't know the exact details but if the MK is open from 9am-12am and you have 2 Rapunzels out constantly throughout the day you'll need a lot more than 2 to fill in the entire day. No one works from 9am to midnight.

And even if you had the same cast members working that whole time, they're still getting paid an hourly rate so it would make no difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom