Ariels Fin

Katiekitten1207

Original Poster
How does the friend of Ariel manage to get from the backstage area to her meet and greet and parade float when she is wearing Ariels Fin?

kap91

Well her meet and greet is in a room that has a separate cast entrance. In the parades she usually has legs.

Tom

Beta Return
I've never been to her meet and greet, but could it be setup like in the Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at DHS, where she's actually standing inside the rock sculpture, with the tail coming up and looking like it merges with her waist?

Or, do they perhaps cut guests off in another room before seeing her in her MnG setting, allowing the handlers to help her up and out of the tail?

And yes, in the parades, she typically is in her ball gown, I think. If not, probably similar to the stage show, where she just climbs into the prop.

Rob562

I've never been to her meet and greet, but could it be setup like in the Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at DHS, where she's actually standing inside the rock sculpture, with the tail coming up and looking like it merges with her waist?

Or, do they perhaps cut guests off in another room before seeing her in her MnG setting, allowing the handlers to help her up and out of the tail?

And yes, in the parades, she typically is in her ball gown, I think. If not, probably similar to the stage show, where she just climbs into the prop.

You nailed it. She pulls on and off the tail when no one is looking and walks out. In Florida the new M&G rooms are set up so that they cut off the line and can clear the room for her to walk out. The old M&G next to Pinocchio's Village Haus operated the same way. In Disneyland she had a shell "throne" on a turntable that rotated her around to backstage.

She appeared with tail at least in the Remember the Magic 25th Anniversary parade.

Though her tail is done two different ways in the VOTLM show. The first appearance her legs are in the tail like at the M&G's. The second time she's on a different platform with the fake tail that gets pulled off.

And unless they've changed things during Fantasmic in Florida (I haven't seen it in a number of years), she's on the back of the boat the entire time. At the start you can't see her because it's dark, and at the end Eric comes and tosses a protective blanket over both of them in case of fireworks fallout.

-Rob

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Maybe there is a "hole" for her feet at the back of the tail that we just can't see.

She definitely wears a tail over her legs in the grotto (you can slightly see the shape of her knees at times).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom