Are you going to spend more time at UNI

More Uni time

• yes

Votes: 47 73.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 26.6%

• Total voters

Disneyhead'71

Good luck with that in Orlando in general. Never have a seen a population that gets so exited about chain restaurants? I'm not impressed by what Disney has to offer either but I don't book 180 days in advanced so I can't get into the so call great restaurants.
Orlando is developing a more sophisticated palate. We have That One Spot, Yellow Dog Eats, and 4 Rivers on the low end. Ravenous Pig and Cask and Larder in the middle and Norman's, Eleven, and Bull and Bear at the top end.

ryguy

Yup, have been going to Disney for the last 35 years. When I moved to Florida, I bought a Uni Annual Pass. It's just a better deal right now. The skip the line pass is a great feature, I wish all the hotels had it. Stayed at Cabana Bay last weekend for $106 bucks and it was great. Disney parks are so stale right now, I feel like I need to reward Uni for going all out for my dollars.

My only complaint for UNI is that there are too many screen based rides. But I could say the same thing about coasters at Cedar Point. Sometimes to much of a good thing is not so good.

PorterRedkey

We are going down in January and I thought we would check out Uni for a day, but park tickets are $131 will park hopper (needed to ride the Hogwarts Express). My girlfriend vetoed that, so we paid another $10's a piece for an extra day at Disney (6-day park-hopper).

surfsupdon

I already have been going to Universal more. Even going to Fla and ONLY doing a Universal trip.

Let's see, I went to Universal back in '92 on a day trip from WDW.
Then again in 2000 for a day trip from WDW.
Then I went in 2012 solo--then brought my family in 2013, both day trips from WDW,
Then in 2014 we vacationed for 3 nights at Universal Resort, no Disney.
And again we were there in 2015 for 3 nights at Universal Resort, no Disney.

Universal is doing a terrific job at developing. My vacations there have been very, very good.

DisneyPan

I just came back from 3 days at Uni. Everything seems so much more relaxed there. The team members are nicer, calmer and just all around chill.
I love that you can walk around and have a beer. The rules seem less in your face. It's very different in my opinion. I really am not comparing it to Disney, because apples and oranges are totally different.
All I know is that I had a really good time. As a new annual pass to Uni, I think I'm going to find myself splitting my time between both Disney and Uni.

BubbaQuest

I'm spending more time at Uni, but not because of price changes. I just enjoy it more. The sad thing is as a lifelong Disney fan, I probably won't go back to Disney until Star Wars Land opens. Avatar at one park isn't enough to draw me back to what feels like 4 stale parks.

MississippiBelle

I drank the Whispering Canyon kool-aid when I was younger and never ever wanted to go to Universal. I had myself convinced it was a boring park dedicated to weird IPs and paid no attention to detail or theme whatsoever. This was back when A: I was a lot younger and B: Disney wasn't so crowded all the time. My family and I actually went on our first trip to Universal this past December and boy was I shocked! We only went for 3 days and loved every second of it! We are all huge Harry Potter fans so we were obviously enthralled with that side of the parks, but I was blown away by IOA as a whole. Not enough to warrant a full week, which is the amount of time we normally dedicate to a Disney trip, but we will definitely be dedicating a couple of days to Universal on our next Disney trip if possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom