Are you a WDW Honeymooner????

BigRedDad

We Dineymooned 2 months after 9/11. We went through a lot of issues leading up to the trip that caused a little stress. First off, everyone we worked through were Over and Above and very helpful

Issue #1: The US Gov't limited flights. Delta wanted to bump us from our flight to one the next day. I explained to the lady that it was our honeymoon and everything had been planned for over a year. She worked and worked to get us back on our original flight. She almost put us on Red Eye the night of the wedding, put us up in the Hyatt at the airport, and go for there.

Issue #2: WDW lost our completely paid for reservation. This was the most stressful of all since it was about 10 days before our wedding. We were booked at the Contemporary. They could not find the reservation, I had to have my CC fax the payment with no refunds posted. The manager working with me was very apologetic and accommodating. He agreed they had an issue and tried everything to get us back into the Contemporary. Long story short, he could not get us into any of the monorail resorts which was upsetting. He put us in the honeymoon room at AKL. When we arrived, he was actually there to meet us from the Contemporary. He apologized in person and explained what he did for us. Needless to say, it was above and beyond. I cannot say how much praise this manager deserved for the work he put in and what he did for us. It was about a $2,000 upgrade to our package. We had a 1st floor honeymoon room on the Savannah. We had the giraffes in almost arms distance every morning and early evening.

All in all, the trip was excellent. We were given so many freebies it is not even funny. We received free meals at Boma and Donald's Breakfastsaurus. We received free drinks at almost every bar. Free snack or drink at different carts. We were given complementary drinks and a table at the window at the Contemporary restaurant. The manager even greeted us there for our dinner. Having little kids join us at our table for the fireworks made the evening while their parents were so thankful.

MouseRight

May 1977 - Polynesian Resort - 1st Time @ WDW - Couldn't wait to see Carousel of Progress since I saw the original in 1964 - 1965 at New York's World Fair.

We will be! I get married October 26th this year and leave for our Disneymoon the very next morning!! We are soooooo excited!!! WDW has been my home away from home since 1992!

GoochDSA

We are going to be WDW honeymooners.... kinda.

Our origional honeymoon plan was to take a partial Panama Canal cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on Princess. After we had that booked, my bride-to-be started saying how she would love to add a few days in WDW for F&W before the cruise. I thought about it... for a nano-second and decided to book at BWV with points from David's. Several months after the cruise was booked and a couple of months after the points were rented and paid for (non-refundable), we went on a cruise with my family that my fiancee did not do well on. Instead of risking spending our whole honeymoon making protein spills, we opted to cancel the PC cruise, which left us with 5 days at BWV in October (our wedding is in May).

We did decide to book a different honeymoon trip to an all-inclusive in Mexico a little closer to our wedding to replace the cruise, but we still have our reservation for 5 nights at BWV as sort of a honeymoon part 2, which we are considering adding a couple of nights to at a different resort. So, while our "main" honeymoon is not to WDW but we do have a trip booked that was part of our origional honeymoon plans, we consider ourselves to be future WDW honeymooners... kinda.

dktide91

We got married at the Polynesian Resort in Disney this past New Year's Eve (12/31/2012). We stayed 5 days at the Boardwalk resort in a Villa and had our post Wedding cake and celebration at the Gran Floridian. What an amazing time it was and even nicer, we had my children along with us. I know that makes some aspects of the honeymoon more challenging but we used some of the child services they provide like Neverland so we could have our own time.

goodlife78

Let us know if you went to the World for your honeymoon, what year and where you stayed.

Or if you're future WDW honeymooners, when and where you'll be staying.

We went back in June of 2000! :sohappy:

We are going in nine days march first disneymoon staying at port Orleans French Quarter

Unomas

December 2011. She was pretty much a first timer. And now that she's seen the 'magic,' we'll be making many return trips throughout our lives. Going back this summer, actually :)

Getting married on May 26th and honeymoon at Disney will be from June 1st to June 7th. Can't believe my fiance agreed to this, she is not the biggest Disney fan but she also hasn't been in 20 years. I have 6 days to convert her.

Jillybelle

I honeymooned there in December and it was amazing! In addition to the many other perks we received, we were bumped to the front row for the Candlelight Processional when Neil Patrick Harris was the host!
Unfortunately, we stayed off-property at Bonnet Creek, but I couldn't pass up the price- it was less to stay at the 4.5 star Wyndham than it was to stay at a value resort on property.

Uncle Remus

July of 2000. We were 19. Stayed at the Yacht Club. I mentioned at the desk we were on our honeymoon. They upgraded us for free to the presidential suite. We were blown away at such a nice gesture. We stayed an entire week.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Disneymooning this year, from October 19-26th at the Wilderness Lodge! We'll be getting married in PA on August 31st. Can't wait!! Fiance has only been to WDW back in 1986. We'll also be celebrating my 35th birthday on October 24th...so much to be happy about!! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Honeymoon 1983 ~ Contemporary
5th anniversary ~ Golf villa at Lake Buena Vista
10th anniversary ~ Dixie Landings
15th anniversary ~ Boardwalk
20th anniversary ~ All Star Movies
25th anniversary ~ Grand Floridian
30th anniversary (3 weeks!) ~ Polynesian

And those are just the "big" anniversaries :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom