Are they going to dress the parking garage at Disney Spring?

cbrune

Original Poster
Are they going to dress the parking garage at Disney Spring? Its just a big eye sore.. I mean I do agree Disney Springs or Downtown Disney or whatever you want to call it needed more parking but the whole off ramp exit and all just looks tacky. I really miss the New Years countdown and the fireworks at Pleasure Island. I really wished they made like a magic restaurant or something else that is a cool dining experience where they have no other place.

Cmdr_Crimson

They are going to be adding some kind of Greenery around the building..
Disney-Springs-West-Side-Parking-Garage-Concept-Art-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure since the West Side lost that big wall with all the name of the other venues it will also be placed on it..

Sadly no Magic restaurant is going to be happening..However there was to be a Magic themed restaurant in 1998 from David Copperfield at D*MGM...But, it fell through and never happend....If I recall correctly the Planet Hollywood store inside the park would have been the entrance to it and would transport you to the Restaurant..
copperfields_fantasmic_sign.jpg
eisner%2Bdisappear

Last edited:

Unplugged

There's a lot of concept art floating around showing some of the intended designs. There will be louvered panels on them as well and I thought we had photos on here somewhere showing the initial framing or steelwork started on the garage for said panels. Concept art was showing greenery as well. Hopefully they stick with that as it'd be nice to see greenery when passing by as opposed to just a huge louvered structure.

Goofyernmost

Anybody have any pictures to show what it actually looks like now? Come on someone must. I mean I've seen pictures of cookies, signs and bathrooms, there must be a picture of the parking garage.

CDavid

Anybody have any pictures to show what it actually looks like now? Come on someone must. I mean I've seen pictures of cookies, signs and bathrooms, there must be a picture of the parking garage.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/west-side-parking-garage-construction.880542/page-23

There are more pictures throughout the thread, and especially a few pages back (I think).

And also:

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2014/10/dtd-update-we-got-ramps.html

BernardandBianca

I agree with R W B, I don't really care what it looks like. It's a place where you park cars, it doesn't really need to be dressed up.

Can you extend that to other structures? It's just a roller coaster, why bother theming? It's just a meet and greet, no need to dress it up. I view this as a majorily slippery slope that I hope wouldn't catch on.

Unplugged

I agree with R W B, I don't really care what it looks like. It's a place where you park cars, it doesn't really need to be dressed up.

I think the point most of us are hopeful of, is that these are significant structures that will indeed be visible from some shopping & dining locations. So, at minimum, dressing up the side from Disney Springs itself is of the most interest.

I personally think that since some trees and greenery have been removed from the parking lots to make room for these structures, the idea of a little greenery to off set it is both welcome and eco-friendly. Though I'm not looking for some overly ridiculous effort, just a little something.

tecowdw

So there's going to be a new exit off I-4 directly into the parking structures? Or will it exit onto Buena Vista, as well?

Has a master plan drawing of these road improvements been published anywhere? I'd be curious to see what will happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom