Are there still performers at Boardwalk?

loleec

Original Poster
I am heading to Disney World next week (Jan. 28-Feb. 5, 2015) and am wondering if performers still perform at Boardwalk.

In my searching, I am not finding any info on that. Disney Website doesn't mention them. If they have gone the wayside due to budget cuts, then I won't need to add Boardwalk in my plans for a casual evening stroll.

Thanks!

Little Green Men

I can do better than September! I was there two weeks ago. Yes they are still there! I saw them on three separate occasions and there's two different acts, one by the Trattoria where the guy did a balancing act and one by the screen door general store where he did tricks with something on a string. They were doing them later at night, around 8 or 9.

ImagineerDude

Ignore my useless comment if you wish..but I really hope these performers don't fall into the "Oh, hey, TDO's closing these shows next week" trap...the Epcot area seems to be the target :rolleyes: They are always a highlight to my visit to the Boardwalk! :) Ok, carry on!

loleec

Original Poster
SnarkyMonkey--thanks for the more detailed information.
ImagineerDude--I was a bit worried about that idea of TDO dropping more shows. We saw "PUSH" the talking garbage can the week before that was closed down. And since the "My Disney Experience" website made no mention of any performers at Boardwalk, I figured they were gone. Thanks to all who have commented on this thread!

SnarkyMonkey

That post is from 2003. I didn't see a musician or cowgirl, so it's probably out of date. I saw the performers on a Saturday, Monday and a Wednesday.

Steve Soares' site (which is the leading website on WDW entertainment scheduling, in my opinion) is updated regularly but only updates a specific entry if something changes. What performers did you see? They apparently rotate and aren't all there every time.

Can I ask what time of year you were there? I have a feeling they are there every night during peak/high seasons and just certain nights in the other seasons. This website, which has been updated regularly, says that they are there Thursdays through Saturdays: http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/boardwalk-activities/ and so does this site, also a very reliable source: http://allears.net/btp/brdenter.htm

So, I would say, if you want to be safe and catch them, plan to go closer to the end of the week.

Little Green Men

Steve Soares' site (which is the leading website on WDW entertainment scheduling, in my opinion) is updated regularly but only updates a specific entry if something changes. What performers did you see? They apparently rotate and aren't all there every time.

Can I ask what time of year you were there? I have a feeling they are there every night during peak/high seasons and just certain nights in the other seasons. This website, which has been updated regularly, says that they are there Thursdays through Saturdays: http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/boardwalk-activities/ and so does this site, also a very reliable source: http://allears.net/btp/brdenter.htm

So, I would say, if you want to be safe and catch them, plan to go closer to the end of the week.
I was there January 3rd and 7th this year. As I said above, I saw a balancing act and an act where a man threw something in the air with a string. I didn't see the entire show, so it's possible I missed something, but they were the only people I saw when ever I caught the show on different days. I know I saw them on a Wednesday, it's possible that this was a rare occurrence, I'm just going by what I saw. :)

loleec

Original Poster
My trip is in two days and I'll check it out. We are not staying near Boardwalk so won't be in that area regularly. But I will report back if we do see them and on which night. Thanks everybody for your help.

SnarkyMonkey

I was there January 3rd and 7th this year. As I said above, I saw a balancing act and an act where a man threw something in the air with a string. I didn't see the entire show, so it's possible I missed something, but they were the only people I saw when ever I caught the show on different days. I know I saw them on a Wednesday, it's possible that this was a rare occurrence, I'm just going by what I saw. :)

Oh I wasn't doubting you at all! I was just responding to your comment that the information was out of date.

Little Green Men

My trip is in two days and I'll check it out. We are not staying near Boardwalk so won't be in that area regularly. But I will report back if we do see them and on which night. Thanks everybody for your help.
No problem, have a great time!

Oh I wasn't doubting you at all! I was just responding to your comment that the information was out of date.
I didn't think you were doubting me, I just wanted to let you know what I saw contradicted that info, so I assumed it may be out of date. No worries! :)

Blackburn23

They are they and then are fantastic! My favorite I have seen twice the year is a young guy who does some magic and comedy. No idea his name but he is fantastic!!

awilliams4

I believe they are referred to as the Boardwalk Buskers. I tried to research them a bit a few years ago and found very little info on the web. I suspect DVC Member dues pay for around half of their pay so that should hopefully help keep them around. We haven't seen any of their shows in about 5 years but plan to again next year. I believe they show nightly between around 6:30 to 9:30.

My favorite was a magician named Antonio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom