are there 2 dreamfinders?...

lamarvenoy

Original Poster
I read somewhere that the dreamfinder was put in the giftshop area of one of the innoventions buildings, so 3 or 4 monthes ago while at epcot, i went into the store and sure enough it was there. Its on the top of a wall in the middle of the store, I don't think it had the bag attached. anyway It doesn't make sense that there would be a duplicate because if you didn't really remember the dreamfinder you would not recognize it up there, it did seem actual size.Anyone else seen it there.

General Grizz

YES...I know exactly what you're talking about.

There is a small rendition of the Dreamcatcher in MouseGear at Innoventions, but is not a complete prop.

lifeguard1020

Well actually...

I believe there were actually three of four full sized models in the ride...they were on teh rotating set that your car would pass and keep in sync with the set...so,...it's possible the one in the store is an actual prop piece...

Dan

Dreamport

Wasn't Dreamfinder's blimp the DREAMPORT?? ..."for the dreamport is never far away, when we use our imagination..." as Dreamfinder said in the song, "One Little Spark". I could be wrong, but I thought I would throw that little tidbit in.

Luau Cove

If I'm not mistaken, the blimp is called DreamCatcher and the DreamPort in the words of Dreamfinder is where the ideas are gathered so to start making new things, so I suppose all the weird things we saw along the ride were DreamPort since it's not a place but somewhere you get when you use your imagination, and that's what Figgy and DF are doing all throughout the ride.
-->LUAU

General Grizz

No...the Dreamfinder is the next area you visit - the Imaginometer, the clapping hands in the box, the tornadoe, four sided teapot, big cage of birds, big perfume bottle, etc. It lasts from right after you finish seeing the opening scene of the Dreamcatcher to the scene where you see Figment working on "the work of art..."

Disney-Nautifan

The Dreamcatcher machine from Journey Into Imagination (1983-1998) that can be found on one of the walls in MouseGear at Epcot is I believe definately one of the actual full-scale props from the attraction.

It looks different because they re-dressed it especially for the store. MouseGear (Formerly Centorium) opened after the original version of the attraction closed in October 1998, and so, the Dreamcatcher was moved to the store, instead of meeting a more grim fate, such as getting scrapped, or sold to the nefarious MouseSurplus!

The elements that are missing, or were removed, from the prop was the red arm chair, the lamp that hung above Dreamfinder, the control console, foot pedals, the airship balloon located at the very top, tartan bag at the rear, and the front (which looked like a vaccumm cleaner, has been replaced with a different, more rounder version).

Dreamfinder himself from the attraction now exists at Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris, who is now the ghostly mayor of the canyon scene at the near end of the attraction. It is definately the animatronic from Journey Into Imagination, but it just wears a new costume, and has a new head that resembles that of Dreamfinder.

figmentisgreat

The Dreamcatcher machine from Journey Into Imagination (1983-1998) that can be found on one of the walls in MouseGear at Epcot is I believe definately one of the actual full-scale props from the attraction.

It looks different because they re-dressed it especially for the store. MouseGear (Formerly Centorium) opened after the original version of the attraction closed in October 1998, and so, the Dreamcatcher was moved to the store, instead of meeting a more grim fate, such as getting scrapped, or sold to the nefarious MouseSurplus!

The elements that are missing, or were removed, from the prop was the red arm chair, the lamp that hung above Dreamfinder, the control console, foot pedals, the airship balloon located at the very top, tartan bag at the rear, and the front (which looked like a vaccumm cleaner, has been replaced with a different, more rounder version).

Dreamfinder himself from the attraction now exists at Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris, who is now the ghostly mayor of the canyon scene at the near end of the attraction. It is definately the animatronic from Journey Into Imagination, but it just wears a new costume, and has a new head that resembles that of Dreamfinder.

WOW! 7 year, 3 month, 15 day thread bump!!!!!!!!!

figmentisgreat

This is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just becausethis is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just becausethis is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just becausethis is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends! Somebody went and thread bumped it not knowing what it was, and people kept commenting it forever just because ...

figmentisgreat

:lol:

I'm with ya on that one. I've got 2 today and 2 tomorrow. And then...SUMMER!

An actual conversation that I had today -

me: "Only 1 day left of finals, 3 days left until moveout, 10 days left until graduation, and 15 days left until Disney!"

my friend: "So, out of that list, what are you most excited for?"

me: ":lookaroun Disney."

SirGoofy

An actual conversation that I had today -

me: "Only 1 day left of finals, 3 days left until moveout, 10 days left until graduation, and 15 days left until Disney!"

my friend: "So, out of that list, what are you most excited for?"

me: ":lookaroun Disney."

:lol:

I have 8 days till Disney, 9 till I'm working the Jungle Cruise, and 10 till I get to see a very special lady in my life...

This next week is gonna be incredibly long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom